Page 101 of 155 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2318
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    That's not really a highlight - not everyone is so sick of Batman. I mean, I'm not saying he should've been in the movie, I just don't care and find it odd that someone might feel the need to celebrate it like it's a highlight.
    I feel like it is. He has how many DTVs? He's in just about every team up DTV, even Justice League Dark brings him to that team over WW, so him being left out of one is a step in the right direction where they dont feel the need to use him every time.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Batman’s also got two movies greenlit while no one else has a confirmed sequel.
    Well, Long Halloween is a two-parter because of how long the story is.

The past two Lukic films have been, more or less, original adaptions so I don't think the comparison is viable. I mean, Superman got a two-parter for Death/Reign so it's not just a Batman thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I feel like it is. He has how many DTVs? He's in just about every team up DTV, even Justice League Dark brings him to that team over WW, so him being left out of one is a step in the right direction where they dont feel the need to use him every time.
    To be fair, Wonder Woman was not associated with Justice League Dark at the time of that films release.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Yeah, you feel like it is, because it's subjective. A lot of people on this forum are just tired of Batman - that doesn't represent the wider audience. His absence feels like a relief to you. So, you feel it's noteworthy, something refreshing and celebratory. So it's something you want to comment on. But, that doesn't mean it's really anything much of anything.

I also see it as a positive that Batman or one of his little munchkins is no where near this film! I second the nothing that that side of the DCU is overused
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

How does it compare to the Justice Guild episode of Justice League (besides getting the opportunity to use the actual JSA members as opposed to stand ins):

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I also see it as a positive that Batman or one of his little munchkins is no where near this film! I second the nothing that that side of the DCU is overused
    Like I said, the number of Bat-haters on this forum is much higher than that of the general audience for these things.

spoilers:
    I wonder if Stana Katic and Liam McLyntre will play Earth-1 Wonder Woman and Aquaman.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I wonder if Stana Katic and Liam McLyntre will play Earth-1 Wonder Woman and Aquaman.
    end of spoilers
    Given they used a different VA for spoilers:
    Earth 2 Superman
    end of spoilers I assume they’ll go with different VAs.

spoilers:
    Plus I feel pretty confident E1 Aquaman is going to be Maoma lite so prepare yourself for that shirtless look lol
    end of spoilers
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    spoilers:
    Plus I feel pretty confident E1 Aquaman is going to be Maoma lite so prepare yourself for that shirtless look lol
    end of spoilers
    I guess maybe I could give this new universe a chance

Given they used a different VA for spoilers:
    Earth 2 Superman
    end of spoilers I assume they’ll go with different VAs.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I wouldn't be surprised, although Earth-1 Barry is nothing like Miller or Superman like Cavill, so who knows.

Earth-1 Wonder Woman will probably just be modern Wonder Woman.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I wouldn't be surprised, although Earth-1 Barry is nothing like Miller or Superman like Cavill, so who knows.

Earth-1 Wonder Woman will probably just be modern Wonder Woman.
    end of spoilers
    So it’s been like a day can we stop spoiling now? I hate these spoiler text boxes

spoilers:
    True but Maoma Aquaman made a billion so I think that take has more cultural cache than Cavill’s failure or Ezra’s uncertain future. I’m also expecting Diana to debut in the modern day since Barry didn’t know her which suits me just fine
    end of spoilers
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So it’s been like a day can we stop spoiling now? I hate these spoiler text boxes

spoilers:
    True but Maoma Aquaman made a billion so I think that take has more cultural cache than Cavill’s failure or Ezra’s uncertain future. I’m also expecting Diana to debut in the modern day since Barry didn’t know her which suits me just fine
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I guess I could see it being possible, although DC wasn't insistent they needed to have a Mamoa-esque Arthur in Harley Quinn so I think it probably depends on what the creators want to do.

It's still kind of early but I'm kind of getting a "modernized young and hip Silver Age" vibe from the Lukic-verse.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I guess I could see it being possible, although DC wasn't insistent they needed to have a Mamoa-esque Arthur in Harley Quinn so I think it probably depends on what the creators want to do.

It's still kind of early but I'm kind of getting a "modernized young and hip Silver Age" vibe from the Lukic-verse.
    end of spoilers
    Reminds me of the Busiek/Johns era on Superman or the Dini run on Batman. Revamping a lot of the old to work in the now.

I honestly think that the Aquaman design in this one was chosen specifically for it's proximity to the Nazi's ideal considering the WW2 setting here