Page 11 of 156 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I don't think DC has intention to push YJ4 right now.
    Conner and Bart are MIA just like Cass... and They are totally out of ideas for Tim. He has been relegated in a Batfamily book.

They want to push Damian & Superson generation, all their efforts are focused on them.
    Maybe in the future they'll try to revive Tim's generation but not now.

With N52 was Dick's generation to suffer, with Rebirth it's Tim's.
    Dude, if you don't think the YJ4 generation suffered during the New 52, then I don't know what you've been reading this whole time. Dick's gen got off easy by being absent for most of the N52 sh*tstorm. Everyone hates the last two TT runs, they harmed everyone involved. BTW DC still has plans for the YJ4 in the comics, they briefly hinted at it during the Teen heroes panel at SDCC. At the very least they have plans for Tim.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Dude, if you don't think the YJ4 generation suffered during the New 52, then I don't know what you've been reading this whole time. Dick's gen got off easy by being absent for most of the N52 sh*tstorm. Everyone hates the last two TT runs, they harmed everyone involved. BTW DC still has plans for the YJ4 in the comics, they briefly hinted at it during the Teen heroes panel at SDCC. At the very least they have plans for Tim.
    R.I.P plans lol.

Extraordinary Member

The only real issue I have with the current DCAU films is that I think they have a weaker formula and storytelling capabilities than they used to; coincidentally, that's the same problem I had with the weaker New 52 comics and with the weaker Marvel films. The DCAU films seemed like they largely were shooting for a MCU style format that hearkens to the weaker elements of films like Iron Man 2 and 3, Thor 2, all wrapped up in a shallow attempt to make things "darker and edgier."

I mean, c'mon, the films tend to give the protagonist very cliché character arc, have lackluster villains who they tend to kill off more often than not, and a certain predictable sense of humor, all wrapped up in engaging but sometimes over the top action scenes. And it's pretty breezy as well. The formula is the reason why you get stupid stuff like Deathstroke being neutered and beaten by Damian when he enters Wolverine mode. And I think it's limited nature is the reason why the universe can seem kind of limited to what long plan there is. You know these guys could feature a movie with Jason and Tim as well as Dick and Damian, but that would require taking a. Delicate touch to characterization and taking a risk that an audience will follow that premise.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Oh no, N52 version of every YJ4 character was horrible, I agree with you but, at last, they were there. DC counted on them, even though every thing done with them was a mess from the start. Con, Cass, Tim and that Barr Torr brrrrrrr!
    I don't have the feeling that DC want to create something new with them, but if you say that they hinted something I'm very happy!

Just finished watch JL vs Teen Titans. Not bad at all. I liked this incarnation of Teen Titans more than i expected.

Good characterization of all Titans, maybe Kori's role could fit more on Donna but she was fine.
    A good surprise watch Cyborg connected to Titans more than ever since N52 begun.
    And... for the first time i enjoyed Damian, I can't believe it! Even though he's more God than Batman in this Universe.

Obviously the next Judas contract adaptation will feature this Team with Damian instead of Dick. I'd prefer the fab 5 but if it'll work out like JL vs TT, it would be good for me.
    YJ4 generation will RIP forever in this universe, sadly.
    In the movie they never said this team (Damien, Raven, Blue Beetle, Beast Boy and Starfire) was the first incarnation of the team so I could see the Fab 5 line-up existing in this universe. If the Judas Contract is successful enough I could see them exploring the history of the team in future movies, assuming the Titans get their own movie line.

I don't think DC has intention to push YJ4 right now.
    Conner and Bart are MIA just like Cass... and They are totally out of ideas for Tim. He has been relegated in a Batfamily book.

They want to push Damian & Superson generation, all their efforts are focused on them.
    Maybe in the future they'll try to revive Tim's generation but not now.

With N52 was Dick's generation to suffer, with Rebirth it's Tim's.
    It does seem Tim's generation has been sidelined for the most part. I think Blue Beetle and Aqualad, latter additions to his generation, are the only ones to have survived going into limbo, especially Jaime.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    The only real issue I have with the current DCAU films is that I think they have a weaker formula and storytelling capabilities than they used to; coincidentally, that's the same problem I had with the weaker New 52 comics and with the weaker Marvel films. The DCAU films seemed like they largely were shooting for a MCU style format that hearkens to the weaker elements of films like Iron Man 2 and 3, Thor 2, all wrapped up in a shallow attempt to make things "darker and edgier."

I mean, c'mon, the films tend to give the protagonist very cliché character arc, have lackluster villains who they tend to kill off more often than not, and a certain predictable sense of humor, all wrapped up in engaging but sometimes over the top action scenes. And it's pretty breezy as well. The formula is the reason why you get stupid stuff like Deathstroke being neutered and beaten by Damian when he enters Wolverine mode. And I think it's limited nature is the reason why the universe can seem kind of limited to what long plan there is. You know these guys could feature a movie with Jason and Tim as well as Dick and Damian, but that would require taking a. Delicate touch to characterization and taking a risk that an audience will follow that premise.
    Man, you hit the nail on the head every time. Like, literally every time. You could be a really good critic or reviewer if you wanted to.

BANNED

Oh no, N52 version of every YJ4 character was horrible, I agree with you but, at last, they were there. DC counted on them, even though every thing done with them was a mess from the start. Con, Cass, Tim and that Barr Torr brrrrrrr!
    I don't have the feeling that DC want to create something new with them, but if you say that they hinted something I'm very happy!
    This is what we've got. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm pretty excited.
    image.jpg

If they have plans for them in the comics, and they end up being successful, then they're far from dead.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post

You're right, my english doesn't afford me to be as exhaustive as you.
    But in JL vs TT I found a good characterizon of what means beeing a Titan. I finally had that friendshps/family feeling that every good Titans generation had. Much better than the comics, I know it's an easy challenge but this is it.
    That said, they have to improve in every aspect as you properly noticed.

This is what we've got. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm pretty excited.
    image.jpg

If they have plans for them in the comics, and they end up being successful, then they're far from dead.
    We can only wait and hope for better moments, maybe it's earlier than I expected.

The hidden member is one of Dick's or Damian's team? I don't understand.
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 07-25-2016 at 12:07 PM.

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Superman Unbound was the last DCAU movie I bought. I refuse to watch anything New 52 related, I will end up buying The Killing Joke.

Extraordinary Member

Will the Justice League Dark and Harley/Joker be part of the animated continuity or will they be stand alone movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Will the Justice League Dark and Harley/Joker be part of the animated continuity or will they be stand alone movies?
    Justice League Dark and Teen Titans: Judas Contract take place in the same continuity/universe. While the Batman/Harley movie is its own thing.

Every year since 2014 we've gotten two in continuity films (JL, Batman related) and one original or comic adaptation movie, 2017 looks to be the same except it'll be a TT related movie instead of a Batman centric one.

Ultimate Member

My biggest problem with the recent line of films (post-Flashpoint Paradox mostly) is that they seem, kind of phoned in. Like the people who make them, just kind of are going through the motions. It's why I enjoyed Assault on Arkham and JL vs. TT as much as I did. Not only are they enjoyable films in-general, but it feels like the people who made them, actually wanted to be there and make them and had ideas that they wanted to explore, etc.

Which harkens back to the best films in this series, which is good.

That's probably because the producers were allowed to use The Suicide Squad and Teen Titans instead of being forced to reuse Batman and the JL over and over again. Probably felt refreshing to them.

Those two have been my favorites as well.

So apparently the Justice League Dark sneak peek has been leaked and revealed the voice cast:

- Matt Ryan as Constantine
    - Camilla Luddington as Zatanna
    - Ray Chase as Jason Blood/Etrigan
    - Nicholas Turturro as Deadman
    - Jason O'Mara returns as Batman

Swamp Thing, Black Orchid, The Demons Three and the House of Mystery will also appear.

There are also apparently appearances by John Stewart and Hawkman.