Page 115 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2328

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Well, I think there’s a way to do a voice that fits the character without doing a cheap imitation of a previous actor. John DiMaggio managed to do this quite well with his Joker, imo. I would think an actor of Baker’s talent would be more inclined to do a Joker voice that stands on its own without immediately being reminiscent of Hamill. I think that would be a more interesting challenge for him as an actor.
    I guess it doesn't come off as cheap to me because, from a performance perspective, I think it's good even if it's very clearly evoking Hamill, and obviously it all comes down to the dialogue and the delivery and what kind of Joker is being portrayed. I think it fairs far better than, say, Tara Strong as Harley.

But to each their own .

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Well, I think there’s a way to do a voice that fits the character without doing a cheap imitation of a previous actor. John DiMaggio managed to do this quite well with his Joker, imo. I would think an actor of Baker’s talent would be more inclined to do a Joker voice that stands on its own without immediately being reminiscent of Hamill. I think that would be a more interesting challenge for him as an actor.
    Thought Kevin Michael Richardson did a decent job on The Batman of echoing Hamill but making it unique.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Caught up with The Long Halloween this morning.

I thought it was really good. Made me nostalgic for the Tim Sale tales and the early BTAS stories, where Bruce would fight the mob. Definitely a step above JSA and Man of Tomorrow.

The twist at the end with Holiday was good. I hope that they can stick the landing with the reveal. The twist and reveal of Hush's identity in the animated movie feel flat for me big time.

Good thing we won't have to wait long for Part 2. It releases Tuesday, July 28th.

Via Toonzone, a better look at the Green Lantern tease from the cover for The Long Halloween, Part 2.

I wonder if we're getting a GL movie next year or something that features the Corps. or takes place in space...

Doubt it, this is much like Wonder Woman was displayed on the spine of the previous covers. If they didn't give her or Flash standalone movies in this continuity, but introduced them both in a JSA movie instead, I can't imagine that GL would get a standalone movie either. Then again it's been a decade since GL had an animated film so maybe they think enough time has passed.

This is most likely a fool's hope, but I'm still curious to see if Cyborg will be a part of this, since he originally was a part of the initial Snyder JL roster that this line-up appears to be based on.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-18-2021 at 01:09 PM.

Doubtful, this lineup seems to be a recreation of the DCAU JL + Aquaman since that’s probably the most popular lineup now.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Doubtful, this lineup seems to be a recreation of the DCAU JL + Aquaman since that’s probably the most popular lineup now.
    Wally fans losing out, but at least they've got the comics again.

Hopefully they get to a Titans project of some kind eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I figure this universe will probably get to a few time skips because of how young Barbara Gordon is in Long Halloween (assuming they also adapt Dark Victory at some point to get to Robin).

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

If it isnt with the OG crew/Starfire/Cyborg/Raven but with Damien.....ill pass.

They already did Judas Contract thank God, and they did a Trigon story already as well didn’t they? What’s left, genuinely asking as I’m not the biggest Titans fan. I would be interested in seeing Dick debut as Robin in this universe and found the Titans to lead. Instead of skipping around let’s see this universe actually unfold in real time.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

They don't need to do 1:1 adaptations of any existing stories to make Teen Titans films.

So 8 member team with only one person of color? Though I guess they could always expand in the future. And if you don't mind me asking, based on what is this the most popular lineup? I know it's been the regular JL Rebirth lineup but how do you determine the popularity aspect.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-18-2021 at 08:44 PM.

They already did Judas Contract thank God, and they did a Trigon story already as well didn’t they? What’s left, genuinely asking as I’m not the biggest Titans fan. I would be interested in seeing Dick debut as Robin in this universe and found the Titans to lead. Instead of skipping around let’s see this universe actually unfold in real time.
    The Hive 5 needs to revisited again, I think. They need to bring in Donna Troy and do her right this time. I wouldn't mind another 'Terror of Trigon' adaptation if they stick the landing better than the Nu52 movies, the 2003 show genuinely made Trigon terrifiying and his arrival a big deal and all the genuine emotions the characters went through. I can't say I felt the same during the Nu52 movies. There is also Team Titans which means they can bring in alternate versions of Terra and the Terror Titans could always be revisited as well.