Page 123 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2328

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's had his solo periods, although he never headlined the main GL book.
    Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Haven't seen Fatal Five but always heard good things about Jessica in it. Is that so far the only Justice League animated movie where a Green Lantern is the central character. I guess New Frontier comes to mind as well to an extent.
    It's one of the best adaptions of the character to date. Some of the kids media stuff has been good, too, but, being a PG-13 movie, it could go into some of the darker elements of her story.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Looking at the Hall of Lanterns in Legion HQ (from Starboy's memories) the main Lanterns to make it into history were Hal, Guy, John, Kyle and Jessica. This film came out in 2019. Simon Baz predates Jessica by 2 years and he was once again ignored. Damn. Can't catch a break, Simon Says.
    To be fair, only Hal and Guy didn't exist in the DCAU before this movie, so John and Kyle were logical characters to have by default alongside Jessica (John being a regular on the JL cartoon and Kyle having some guest spots). I would've gotten more of a kick out of seeing Simon than either Hal or Guy, but I think they are more established characters, so would mean something to more viewers.

Would be nice if Simon got more to do, but it does seem like he hasn't connected with readers the way other major Lanterns have.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Okay.

It's one of the best adaptions of the character to date. Some of the kids media stuff has been good, too, but, being a PG-13 movie, it could go into some of the darker elements of her story.

To be fair, only Hal and Guy didn't exist in the DCAU before this movie, so John and Kyle were logical characters to have by default alongside Jessica (John being a regular on the JL cartoon and Kyle having some guest spots). I would've gotten more of a kick out of seeing Simon than either Hal or Guy, but I think they are more established characters, so would mean something to more viewers.

Would be nice if Simon got more to do, but it does seem like he hasn't connected with readers the way other major Lanterns have.
    Hal Jordan actually appeared in Justice League Unlimited so he already existed in the DCAU before this movie. But this is Guy's first apperance in the DCAU, through only a cameo.
    Last edited by Veni; 05-06-2022 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Hal Jordan actually appeared in Justice League Unlimited so he already existed in the DCAU before this movie. But this is Guy's first apperance in the DCAU, through only a cameo.
    And they used his GL:TAS design, like they had Tom Kenney and Kevin Michael Richardson reprise Salaak and Kilowog from GL:TAS.

Basically GL:TAS just won't stay dead .

I hope they can really nail the climax this time around, if only because I feel like that has been the hardest element for the Tomorrow-verse movies to get right aside from the LH duology.

(Although one of the writers has a pretty spotty track record...)
    I disagree - the LH duology didn't nail the climax either.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I disagree - the LH duology didn't nail the climax either.
    Well, I know we both 100% disagree with each other on the movie as far as adaption, execution, and overall quality goes, but it was basically the same as the comic with a dash more Catwoman with the build up of the villains, Two-Face, and Falcone all culminating in one big fight (that was a little more involved than the comic where Batman basically took all the villains out in smoke if I recall correctly).

Well, I know we both 100% disagree with each other on the movie as far as adaption, execution, and overall quality goes, but it was basically the same as the comic with a dash more Catwoman with the build up of the villains, Two-Face, and Falcone all culminating in one big fight (that was a little more involved than the comic where Batman basically took all the villains out in smoke if I recall correctly).
    Eh, not really. Sorry, I disagree that it was basically the same, and even if it was, I would still argue regardless that the climax wasn't nailed. It didn't have the element of surprise, it didn't evoke an emotional response imo, it was just there to wrap things up like a cold fish. I really think that Man of Tomorrow had a better ending. Not perfect, but stronger than you're giving it credit for, and much better than the climax of LH.

I suppose I can say one positive thing about the ending of LH - I was glad it was finally over and couldn't disappoint me further.

Catwoman Hunted probably had the strongest climax/ending past couple years. After Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

This was a fun underrated flick.

And they used his GL:TAS design, like they had Tom Kenney and Kevin Michael Richardson reprise Salaak and Kilowog from GL:TAS.

Basically GL:TAS just won't stay dead .
    Guess the GL:TAS are gonna have their story continue in anyway they can.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Eh, not really. Sorry, I disagree that it was basically the same, and even if it was, I would still argue regardless that the climax wasn't nailed. It didn't have the element of surprise, it didn't evoke an emotional response imo, it was just there to wrap things up like a cold fish. I really think that Man of Tomorrow had a better ending. Not perfect, but stronger than you're giving it credit for, and much better than the climax of LH.
    Well, yeah, I guess it wouldn't be a surprise since you'd already read the comic aside from the changes they made to the story and how they executed everything, which was enough of a surprise for me.

I think you had already written off the movie by that point so there was no way to evoke an emotional response, but I feel like they executed the fights and the pathos of Two-Face and Falcone quite well. But if you were completely done with the movie by then I can understand why it didn't work for you. But I don't see it as any different from the comics in terms of execution or effectiveness.

I think Batman managing to take down his main Rogues and the stuff with Falcone/Two-Face was more effective than Superman getting tossed around by Parasite like he had been for much of that movie and making a speech that, while heartfelt, didn't necesarilly work in context. I think it was definitely a more happy ending and it didn't have the moral issue of Batman with Holiday at the end, if nothing else.
    Catwoman Hunted probably had the strongest climax/ending past couple years. After Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
    I haven't had the pleasure to watch Catwoman: Hunted yet but I know Wonder Woman fans had a mixed response .

Batman vs TMNT was amazing.

This and Batman: Unlimited makes me really want to see more original DC Animated DTV's aimed at kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Guess the GL:TAS are gonna have their story continue in anyway they can.
    Can't wait to see Aya in My Adventures with Superman .

Never heard of that one.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Never heard of that one.
    It's available on HBOMax .

I loved this movie. In a better world we got that sequel that they teased. It was so good.
    Well, yeah, I guess it wouldn't be a surprise since you'd already read the comic aside from the changes they made to the story and how they executed everything, which was enough of a surprise for me.
    That's not really what I meant. More that the execution of the surprise wasn't well executed, partially because of all that they did change. It's just...ugh. I could probably explain why, but if I did that would just invite you to list why my reasons or wrong or whatever and I'm not looking for making this a big and drawn out discussion. I'm really just in the phase of saying "I didn't like it" whenever I'm reminded of it just to vent out that minor frustration than argue about it and work that frustration up further.
    I think you had already written off the movie by that point so there was no way to evoke an emotional response, but I feel like they executed the fights and the pathos of Two-Face and Falcone quite well. But if you were completely done with the movie by then I can understand why it didn't work for you. But I don't see it as any different from the comics in terms of execution or effectiveness.
    Yes and no. Yes, they executed the fights kinda alright (although even those were weaker imo than other films they've done), but I felt the pathos of Two Face was entirely and completely missing. The only bit I liked was his interaction with Solomon Grundy.

And that's a bit judgmental - it was my fault for writing off the movie for why the execution didn't work, rather than the execution's fault for making me "write off" the movie.

I think that you're trying to win the argument, trying to prove that I'm wrong about the quality of the movie. Don't, please. We just had different experiences of it, and it's no more my fault for not liking it than it was somehow yours for enjoying it, so don't put that on me. Or I'll have to respond that you only liked it because you were somehow determined to no matter what. You don't believe it was on you that you enjoyed it did you? So don't imply that the movie not connecting with me is on me.
    I think Batman managing to take down his main Rogues and the stuff with Falcone/Two-Face was more effective than Superman getting tossed around by Parasite like he had been for much of that movie and making a speech that, while heartfelt, didn't necesarilly work in context. I think it was definitely a more happy ending and it didn't have the moral issue of Batman with Holiday at the end, if nothing else.
    I think that this is the heart of the problem. For you the climax was Batman fighting his rogues gallery and beating them. For me the climax was when he confronted Mrs. Dent. The whole wrapping up the mystery thing. And the shit they tacked on to make it more "personal" for her, and that HE LET THE KILLER GO. Batman wouldn't do that. The story where he didn't completely solve it and she got away was so much better than he solved it and let her go. That's just so not in character, I hated it.

So yeah, for you the climax was the climatic fight and you were happy. For me it was the reveal in the Dent's basement, and I wasn't happy.

I haven't had the pleasure to watch Catwoman: Hunted yet but I know Wonder Woman fans had a mixed response .
    Eh, I get why, because Batman character defeats Wonder Woman villain, but I don't really care. Cheetah didn't really job I think, she had Catwoman dead to rights and was a freaking beast, nearly unstoppable, and Catwoman only got lucky at the very end (won't say how she got lucky causes spoilers). I really don't think anyone should be pissed at Cheetah's showing here. The only bad bit was a comment/implication right after involving Talia.

Anyway, it's a damn fun movie. As much as I was cold, disappointed, and completely unhappy and unsatisfied with Long Halloween and always will be with that butchery, is like the Bizarro version of how much freaking fun I had watching Hunted. It was just so fun from beginning to end, and there was no previous better story for them to shit on. I wish they never fucking made that crap stain of an adaptation, but I wish every movie was as fun as Hunted. It was a hoot.

Look, I hate what I hate completely, but I love what I love. And I freaking loved Catwoman Hunted. If their shared universe films were just a quarter that good I'd complain about it a whole lot less. Really think that you should give it a watch.

Batman vs TMNT was amazing.
    So freaking amazing. The best Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles content I think I've seen in a decade hands down. Probably my second or third favorite TMNT movie actually, above TMNT 2007 but below the original live action film, mostly competing/tied-ish with Turtles Forever. And it's one of the better Batman movies in recent years to boot (even if I think that the "classic" blue and grey with the trunks looked really bad and garish in the style and tone of the film).

This and Batman: Unlimited makes me really want to see more original DC Animated DTV's aimed at kids.

Can't wait to see Aya in My Adventures with Superman .
    You and I disagree on a lot, but I am so with you with an "amen brother" on this. Loved those "kiddy" movies and am so excited for MAWS.

Never heard of that one.
    Please watch it - it's aimed at a younger audience, but it's so good. Less a JLA movie than a mini-Legion of Superheroes movie, focusing on Karate Kid and Dawnstar, but the JLA get good showings. It's like what the Superfriends cartoon might be like if made today, and it is amazing. I am so disappointed we never got a follow-up, but I am so glad we got this film. I mean, you might be one of the few who didn't like it, but I think that you should give it a view just in case you're one of us who loves it, because again it was so fun.

That's not really what I meant. More that the execution of the surprise wasn't well executed, partially because of all that they did change. It's just...ugh. I could probably explain why, but if I did that would just invite you to list why my reasons or wrong or whatever and I'm not looking for making this a big and drawn out discussion. I'm really just in the phase of saying "I didn't like it" whenever I'm reminded of it just to vent out that minor frustration than argue about it and work that frustration up further.

Yes and no. Yes, they executed the fights kinda alright (although even those were weaker imo than other films they've done), but I felt the pathos of Two Face was entirely and completely missing. The only bit I liked was his interaction with Solomon Grundy.

And that's a bit judgmental - it was my fault for writing off the movie for why the execution didn't work, rather than the execution's fault for making me "write off" the movie.

I think that you're trying to win the argument, trying to prove that I'm wrong about the quality of the movie. Don't, please. We just had different experiences of it, and it's no more my fault for not liking it than it was somehow yours for enjoying it, so don't put that on me. Or I'll have to respond that you only liked it because you were somehow determined to no matter what. You don't believe it was on you that you enjoyed it did you? So don't imply that the movie not connecting with me is on me.
    I guess I'm not really trying to justify my own love for the movie or winning an argument so much as just finding it inexplicable that two fans of the same comic would have such dramatically different takes on an adaption and everything in it. So I guess I'm just trying to understand? I don't mean to fault you for your opinion.

Like, I could say that I felt like the movie did the build up to Two-Face spectacularly but you would probably disagree .
    I think that this is the heart of the problem. For you the climax was Batman fighting his rogues gallery and beating them. For me the climax was when he confronted Mrs. Dent. The whole wrapping up the mystery thing. And the shit they tacked on to make it more "personal" for her, and that HE LET THE KILLER GO. Batman wouldn't do that. The story where he didn't completely solve it and she got away was so much better than he solved it and let her go. That's just so not in character, I hated it.

So yeah, for you the climax was the climatic fight and you were happy. For me it was the reveal in the Dent's basement, and I wasn't happy.
    I feel like that was more of a denouement than a climax because so much else culminated and hit the fan during the fight at Falcone's rather than in that scene, which was more cleaning up loose ends and wrapping things up and too after the fact to be a climax in my opinion.

I agree Batman wouldn't do that, especially after what happened with Alberto. I feel like it's actually a stronger ending and shows character development for Batman in that he actually solved it even if it was too late to actually matter in the end, showing there was a cost to him having to learn to be the World's Greatest Detective since it took all the Holiday Killings and poor Harvey's livelihood for him to (hopefully) reach that point. I don't think he would've let her go or let her burn the evidence but I guess for me there was enough ambiguity as to whether he let her go or had her turn herself in. But it doesn't really matter one way or another because Harvey's broken and everyone Holiday wanted dead was dead.

Never heard of that one.
    The J-man