Page 127 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2328

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Dawson really grew as Diana over time and particularly shined in that movie, but to each their own .

Bloodlines definitely had the better Steve and Etta.
    She wasn't as a bad whoever voiced Batman in that universe, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    We haven't talked Super Sons in this thread. We have in the other thread. Judging by the reaction to Beware My Power and the low views on the Super Sons trailer. I don't think this film is going to make it.

I've been checking the movie threads here for any mention of the Super Sons movie, especially with so many animated projects on the chopping block, but I've seen nothing implicated Super Sons anywhere, so I would say it's pretty safe and maybe even something WBD is interested in given the near radio silence.

I'm excited and have my copy pre-ordered.

Between the two solo WW films, which do you all prefer?

WW 2009

WW Bloodlines
    Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

The '09 movie has a more focused plot, better voice acting, stronger action sequences, and is just a tighter overall film. But the portrayal of Steve Trevor and recurring 'not all men' theme has not aged well at all.

Bloodlines features Wonder characters & villains we don't get to see more often. But the plot is three separate stories cobbled together with an unnecessary origin recap when just one could've carried it, the voice acting is weak, and Hippolyta's portrayal was awful.

Neither is great, but they're both better Wonder Woman animated content than we've gotten pretty much ever. Put the two in front of me, I would rather watch the '09 movie. It has glaring flaws, but I find it the more enjoyable watch.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think it will do fine. I mean, imo it looks pretty great, for a non-theatrical CGI movie, the voices sound good, and it just looks interesting. It's actually got me excited to watch it, and everyone who frequents either the Batman or Superman sections knows I'm not a fan of the Sons. So if it can interest a skeptic like me, it should do pretty well I hope. I don't know, it just seems like a fun not complicated type of film that should do well.
    I think he was implying that the movie might not be released at all, not that it would do poorly.

I'm afraid for the future of DC Animation under the current administration, but I think that if it were cancelled, we would have already heard about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

The '09 movie has a more focused plot, better voice acting, stronger action sequences, and is just a tighter overall film. But the portrayal of Steve Trevor and recurring 'not all men' theme has not aged well at all.

Bloodlines features Wonder characters & villains we don't get to see more often. But the plot is three separate stories cobbled together with an unnecessary origin recap when just one could've carried it, the voice acting is weak, and Hippolyta's portrayal was awful.

Neither is great, but they're both better Wonder Woman animated content than we've gotten pretty much ever. Put the two in front of me, I would rather watch the '09 movie. It has glaring flaws, but I find it the more enjoyable watch.
    I know a lot of people didn't like how Hippolyta was portrayed but I feel like we've seen way worse.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I've been checking the movie threads here for any mention of the Super Sons movie, especially with so many animated projects on the chopping block, but I've seen nothing implicated Super Sons anywhere, so I would say it's pretty safe and maybe even something WBD is interested in given the near radio silence.

I'm excited and have my copy pre-ordered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    I think he was implying that the movie might not be released at all, not that it would do poorly.

I'm afraid for the future of DC Animation under the current administration, but I think that if it were cancelled, we would have already heard about it.
    I was referring to the movie not making it financially. I hadn't seen much chatter about it and it's views are low on youtube, compared to other animated properties DC is releasing.

I hadn't considered cancellations upcoming with this new WB Discovery administration. The DCAMU was cancelled for lagging sales. So they launched a new animated movie universe that hasn't been doing well either. Throw in Catwoman Hunted, the Injustice Movie etc. I fear we could see future animate project get the axe going forward as well.

I checked The Numbers website to see how the recent animated movies have faired in sales.

2022 - Green Lantern Beware My Power - $269,805 - Only released a month ago. Numbers have not been tallied past the first week.
    2022 - Catwoman Hunted - $398,592
    2021 - Injustice - $2,694,030
    2021 - Batman The Long Halloween Part 2 - $2,553,387
    2021 - Batman The Long Halloween Part 1 - $3,609,349
    2021 - Justice Society WWII - $3,619,618
    2021 - Superman Man of Tomorrow - $3,406,190

2020 - Deathstroke: Knights & Dragons - $4,012,097
    2020 - Justice League Dark: Apokolips War - $5,517,165
    2020 - Superman: Red Son - $2,032,174
    2019 - Reign of the Supermen - $3,785,822
    2019 - Wonder Woman: Bloodlines - $1,718,374
    2019 - Batman: Hush - $3,597,264
    2018 - The Death of Superman - $6,547,251
    2018 - Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay - $2,865,568
    2017 - Teen Titans: The Judas Contract - $3,272,927

It's still odd to think that the previous continuity was cancelled for lagging sales. When compared to the current Tomorrowverse. The DCAMU movies were a little stronger in certain areas with certain characters.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

WW 2009

WW Bloodlines

WW is pretty generic but okay for the most part. Bloodlines combines elements from Perez, Jimenez and Rucka and is overstuffed like Batman Bad Blood was overstuffed.
    What others have said. Neither is great. Though as overstuffed as it is, Bloodlines is the more enjoyable of the two because I don't have to put up with its atrocious takes on Steve and Etta. Hippolyta isn't great in Bloodlines, but at least there isn't too much of her, while Steve is the deutragonist in 2009. Villain wise, though none of the villains are served as well as they could be in such a crowded script (especially Cheetah, who was clearly only in it because she's expected to be on the villain list), they are at least more enjoyable to watch than Ares in the 2009 film. Dr. Cyber and Medusa alone trump the lame execution of the War God.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    What others have said. Neither is great. Though as overstuffed as it is, Bloodlines is the more enjoyable of the two because I don't have to put up with its atrocious takes on Steve and Etta. Hippolyta isn't great in Bloodlines, but at least there isn't too much of her, while Steve is the deutragonist in 2009. Villain wise, though none of the villains are served as well as they could be in such a crowded script (especially Cheetah, who was clearly only in it because she's expected to be on the villain list), they are at least more enjoyable to watch than Ares in the 2009 film. Dr. Cyber and Medusa alone trump the lame execution of the War God.
    At least the villains looked cool!

Spectacular Member

I was referring to the movie not making it financially. I hadn't seen much chatter about it and it's views are low on youtube, compared to other animated properties DC is releasing.

I hadn't considered cancellations upcoming with this new WB Discovery administration. The DCAMU was cancelled for lagging sales. So they launched a new animated movie universe that hasn't been doing well either. Throw in Catwoman Hunted, the Injustice Movie etc. I fear we could see future animate project get the axe going forward as well.

I checked The Numbers website to see how the recent animated movies have faired in sales.

2022 - Green Lantern Beware My Power - $269,805 - Only released a month ago. Numbers have not been tallied past the first week.
    2022 - Catwoman Hunted - $398,592
    2021 - Injustice - $2,694,030
    2021 - Batman The Long Halloween Part 2 - $2,553,387
    2021 - Batman The Long Halloween Part 1 - $3,609,349
    2021 - Justice Society WWII - $3,619,618
    2021 - Superman Man of Tomorrow - $3,406,190

2020 - Deathstroke: Knights & Dragons - $4,012,097
    2020 - Justice League Dark: Apokolips War - $5,517,165
    2020 - Superman: Red Son - $2,032,174
    2019 - Reign of the Supermen - $3,785,822
    2019 - Wonder Woman: Bloodlines - $1,718,374
    2019 - Batman: Hush - $3,597,264
    2018 - The Death of Superman - $6,547,251
    2018 - Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay - $2,865,568
    2017 - Teen Titans: The Judas Contract - $3,272,927

It's still odd to think that the previous continuity was cancelled for lagging sales. When compared to the current Tomorrowverse. The DCAMU movies were a little stronger in certain areas with certain characters.
    I appreciate you checking and listing these numbers, but I'd like to acknowledge that The Numbers only lists physical sales, as in Blu-Rays and DVDs.

I would imagine that, as the years have gone by, the share of people who buy the physical copy must have decreased. I imagine the online purchase/rent options are now the main drivers of revenue.

This isn't to indicate that the Tomorrowverse is doing better than the DCAMU, just pointing out that those numbers become less informative with each passing year.

WW 2009

WW Bloodlines

WW is pretty generic but okay for the most part. Bloodlines combines elements from Perez, Jimenez and Rucka and is overstuffed like Batman Bad Blood was overstuffed.
    The '09 movie is unwatchable thanks to Steve (and Etta but thankfully she's barely in the film). If people have a huge problem with WW84 for Diana having sex with the body of an unwitting man then Steve trying to get Diana drunk (with the implication being to take advantage of her?) in the '09 film should be as off-putting.

By default, it's Bloodlines. But I actually liked how ambitious it was and tried to include as many neglected WW storylines and characters at once. If they are never going to give us a WWTAS then I see why the Bloodlines creators bit off more than they could chew. A commendable effort though.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 08-20-2022 at 02:51 AM.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The '09 movie is unwatchable thanks to Steve (and Etta but thankfully she's barely in the film). If people have a huge problem with WW84 for Diana having sex with the body of an unwitting man then Steve trying to get Diana drunk (with the implication being to take advantage of her?) in the '09 film should be as off-putting.

By default, it's Bloodlines. But I actually liked how ambitious it was and tried to include as many neglected WW storylines and characters at once. If they are never going to give us a WWTAS then I see why the Bloodlines creators bit off more than they could chew. A commendable effort though.
    Didn't know Diana could get drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    I appreciate you checking and listing these numbers, but I'd like to acknowledge that The Numbers only lists physical sales, as in Blu-Rays and DVDs.

I would imagine that, as the years have gone by, the share of people who buy the physical copy must have decreased. I imagine the online purchase/rent options are now the main drivers of revenue.

This isn't to indicate that the Tomorrowverse is doing better than the DCAMU, just pointing out that those numbers become less informative with each passing year.
    That’s true. I forgot all about digital sales. Itunes, Vudu, Amazon, YouTube/Google TV and others are things to consider. If only they released data on sales for movies.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Didn't know Diana could get drunk.
    Amazon’s likely have access to the drink of the gods and Dionysus level wines and meads.

They’re certainly not lightweights.

Last edited by Doctor Know; 08-22-2022 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

I definitely remember WW fans calling it out and Steve's character in general when the '009 movie came out. '84 was more recent, social media is more prevalent in 2020 than in 2009 and more people saw the live action movie than the DTV movies plus '84 was still riding on the good will from the 2017 movie. Hence why there was more blowback to '84's missteps.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I finally sat down to watch GL Beware My Power. Like Batman Bad Blood and WW Bloodlines, this film had way too much going on. John Stewart origin (using Kyle’s origin), Rann-Thanagar War (which was the best part of the movie), Sinestro’s 2005 Rebirth retcon to make Hal Parallax, Hal becoming Parallax and wanting to remake the universe in his own image.

Movie would’ve been okay if they hadn’t destroyed Oa (again), reduce the plot lines for greater focus, and make an attempt to save Hal from the Parallax parasite. But that’s too much to ask for.

Next up is Super Sons. I’ve see a lot of people respond positively to it.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

WW 2009

WW Bloodlines

I think the first one still blows the 2nd one out of the water. Sure it isnt perfect, Steven is far from the best but overall story is stronger, animation is better. The beginning was epic.