Page 128 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2328
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    What others have said. Neither is great. Though as overstuffed as it is, Bloodlines is the more enjoyable of the two because I don't have to put up with its atrocious takes on Steve and Etta. Hippolyta isn't great in Bloodlines, but at least there isn't too much of her, while Steve is the deutragonist in 2009. Villain wise, though none of the villains are served as well as they could be in such a crowded script (especially Cheetah, who was clearly only in it because she's expected to be on the villain list), they are at least more enjoyable to watch than Ares in the 2009 film. Dr. Cyber and Medusa alone trump the lame execution of the War God.
    This. 2009's Steve alone prevents me from rewatching it.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I think both have their good points and their bad points, but are decent Wonder Woman 'flicks.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I've been checking the movie threads here for any mention of the Super Sons movie, especially with so many animated projects on the chopping block, but I've seen nothing implicated Super Sons anywhere, so I would say it's pretty safe and maybe even something WBD is interested in given the near radio silence.

I'm excited and have my copy pre-ordered.
    Easily has been my favorite film in some time. Just a fun adventure film with Easter eggs and hints to the wider DC world. Be it a sequel or spin off series, I would love to see the Super Sons continue.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Have we missed a step? The Tommorowverse just started and already we are skipping ahead to the Kryptonian Supergirl saga and introducing the Legion.

Release date February 7, 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Have we missed a step? The Tommorowverse just started and already we are skipping ahead to the Kryptonian Supergirl saga and introducing the Legion.

I mean, we had a fully formed Justice League made off-screen by the time of Beware my Power .

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post

They clearly arent interested in building up the Tommorwverse. It's just back to business as normal but with new continuity. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They clearly arent interested in building up the Tommorwverse. It's just back to business as normal but with new continuity. Shame.
    I mean, even the MCU kind of jumps around a lot, they just have the luxury of longer runtimes and the ability to release more content.

Or maybe they are trying to rush to Crisis before Gunn takes everything over and it all becomes about the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, even the MCU kind of jumps around a lot, they just have the luxury of longer runtimes and the ability to release more content.

Or maybe they are trying to rush to Crisis before Gunn takes everything over and it all becomes about the movies.
    This isnt the MCU though and even if it were, they still introduced majority of their characters before a big team up sans Widow/Hawkeye.

These films have been in development long before Gunn took over.

This isnt the MCU though and even if it were, they still introduced majority of their characters before a big team up sans Widow/Hawkeye.

These films have been in development long before Gunn took over.
    Yeah, but these films also don't have certain luxuries the MCU did in my opinion.

And arguably in their own way they've been building up to a big team-up with the League in Warworld since that will be the first time we probably see the team as the team in this continuity.

Yeah, but these films also don't have certain luxuries the MCU did in my opinion.

And arguably in their own way they've been building up to a big team-up with the League in Warworld since that will be the first time we probably see the team as the team in this continuity.
    There is a creative force behind films. While they be turned down on certain ideas which I dont doubt, I wouldnt say they have any less of a luxury compared to the MCU.

Maybe they have but we should get a WW Earth 1 film before Warworld or have her introduced in a film beforehand.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I mean, we had a fully formed Justice League made off-screen by the time of Beware my Power .
    #Rekt’d

You’re not wrong about that.
    I feel the same. There was so much left to explore with the previous movie universe. Idk why they changed over.

A proper reintroduction of Kara in the movies.
    A 3rd Titans film against Blackfire.
    A JSA + JLA film.
    Superman and the Legion.
    Introducing the JLI cast.
    A Flash solo project.
    A Blackest Night two-parter.
    A sequel to WW Blodlines.
    Etc

All of that could’ve been done with the old continuity. The Tommorowverse now seems like a scattershot of stories now. At this pace, I suspect we’ll have a 90 minute COIE movie, with zero build-up and a fraction of the cast.

There is a creative force behind films. While they be turned down on certain ideas which I dont doubt, I wouldnt say they have any less of a luxury compared to the MCU.

Maybe they have but we should get a WW Earth 1 film before Warworld or have her introduced in a film beforehand.
    This is only me speculating but I feel like they might be trying to get certain story beats and characters established before they do an animated Crisis film.

I think the problem is that none of Diana's films have sold all that well and without a live-action film there's less incentive for them to do another animated solo compared to other properties.

Mighty Member

I'm happy about the Amazon/WB deal and I wonder how it's going to work with some of the animated projects with HBO Max and Amazon.

This is only me speculating but I feel like they might be trying to get certain story beats and characters established before they do an animated Crisis film.

I think the problem is that none of Diana's films have sold all that well and without a live-action film there's less incentive for them to do another animated solo compared to other properties.
    WW2009 was a top seller in the long run. Just didn't open to big numbers.

WW2009 was a top seller in the long run. Just didn't open to big numbers.
    That's cool! I feel like they cited it as not selling that well though, and Bloodlines didn't do too hot from what I recall.

But that is to say I would love another WW animated film, just not sure if it's in the cards for one reason or another. But we probably will see Earth-1 Diana in Warworld.