Page 135 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2342
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hal and Mon-El I'll grant you. At least Aquaman had the excuse he was brainwashed.
    Hal has the excuse of being forced to ingest the Parallax entity by Sinestro.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeroyuy_Batman View Post
    I understand your problems with the Tomorowverse films and what has been done to characters like Earth-2 Aquaman, Hal Jordan, and Mon-el and how Long Halloween was changed. You are right to be concerned about the new Crisis. Though, the thought has occurred to me what if these things are actually foreshadowing that something evil is affecting this universe as a lead up to the Crisis movie. Psycho Pirate controlling Earth-2 Aquaman seems to fit this idea and Crisis itself. If this idea is so and they actually make this a point in the Crisis movie, maybe it won't be too bad.
    So they made an extremely shitty TLH adaptation, the only animated TLH adaption I will ever get, and character assassinated a few heroes giving a big middle finger to many of their fans, because they knew it would build up to Crisis? That makes no sense and I highly doubt it.

I mean, there's stuff I like/appreciate about the Tomorrow-verse even if I think there's been issues with execution or in use of certain characters so that's where I'm coming from with it, and I feel like adapting a story like Crisis carries certain connotations and expectations like it did for the TV Crisis. I don't think that makes them "shitty."
    I suppose shit is in the nose of the beholder, and much of the Tomorrow-verse makes mine rankle in disgust.

And again, it's pointless to argue. I only hope and pray that they don't fuck up better properties and just stick to their own stuff and own takes, you hope they do use other animated properties. I know that if they do use those other properties it means they will fuck them up, you disagree. I know that in all likelihood you will get what you want and I won't get what I want. I know that if we both watch it you'll come back here saying you enjoyed it and had a good time, while I'll come back to either say "meh, it was mediocre at best" or worse "I HATED IT!" I think we both know that's how it'll play out just from history repeating itself at this point.

Hal and Mon-El I'll grant you. At least Aquaman had the excuse he was brainwashed. Although for fans of just John Stewart and Supergirl/Brainiac 5, I guess they were happy .

(Wonder Woman fans, on the other hand...)
    Not really - how would you feel if one of your favorite characters was a brainwashed Nazi for most of the film, and didn't get a badass hero moment at the end to make up for it? Because yeah he became normal at the end but nothing he did in his 0.003 seconds as a good guy again was memorable. But we'll have to agree to disagree.

They definitely changed the ending and that had it's problems but overall I don't think they ruined LH but I know we both disagree on that.
    They changed A LOT MORE THAN THAT!!!!!! But agreed, it's pointless to argue because we disagree on it. You are happy with what we got, I am not and never will be. You got a TLH adaptation you enjoyed, I never will. Because this is it, this is the only TLH adaptation we will ever get, and it was ruined and butchered in my opinion. I regret watching it and want those hours of my life back. Watched the whole thing hoping it would get better or be worth it somehow in the end, but it never did and it wasn't.

Spectre Ollie more or less reset the multiverse as it was, so yeah?
    Not really. Because my point is it doesn't matter if he did or didn't, no one outside those writing for the Arrow-verse cares, none of it is canon to anything outside the Arrowverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeroyuy_Batman View Post
    Hal has the excuse of being forced to ingest the Parallax entity by Sinestro.
    Yeah, but they still basically treated him like a villain in the end and they didn't even give us a good Parallax.

spoilers:
    And apparently Warworld made Jonah Hex a bad guy too! What a crock.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I suppose shit is in the nose of the beholder, and much of the Tomorrow-verse makes mine rankle in disgust.

And again, it's pointless to argue. I only hope and pray that they don't fuck up better properties and just stick to their own stuff and own takes, you hope they do use other animated properties. I know that if they do use those other properties it means they will fuck them up, you disagree. I know that in all likelihood you will get what you want and I won't get what I want. I know that if we both watch it you'll come back here saying you enjoyed it and had a good time, while I'll come back to either say "meh, it was mediocre at best" or worse "I HATED IT!" I think we both know that's how it'll play out just from history repeating itself at this point.
    Not necessarily .
    Not really - how would you feel if one of your favorite characters was a brainwashed Nazi for most of the film, and didn't get a badass hero moment at the end to make up for it? Because yeah he became normal at the end but nothing he did in his 0.003 seconds as a good guy again was memorable. But we'll have to agree to disagree.
    That's fair, though most people just seem to remember him basically demolishing everybody and Wonder Woman not even being able to stop him without help (which for WW fans was one of the biggest slights of the entire films).

I guess that reminds me that the fights in the Tomorrow-verse are usually on-point.
    They changed A LOT MORE THAN THAT!!!!!! But agreed, it's pointless to argue because we disagree on it. You are happy with what we got, I am not and never will be. You got a TLH adaptation you enjoyed, I never will. Because this is it, this is the only TLH adaptation we will ever get, and it was ruined and butchered in my opinion. I regret watching it and want those hours of my life back. Watched the whole thing hoping it would get better or be worth it somehow in the end, but it never did and it wasn't.
    I'm just waiting for Dark Victory, though who knows if they'll ever get to it.
    Not really. Because my point is it doesn't matter if he did or didn't, no one outside those writing for the Arrow-verse cares, none of it is canon to anything outside the Arrowverse.
    Maybe so, but it still works as canon in and of itself.

Didn't know there was such thing as good Parallax.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well, at least the costume.

Not necessarily .
    True, there is the miraculous chance that they pull through and make a good movie for once, but the odds of that are so low that I have a better chance to win the lottery - and I'm not a multi-millionaire yet so not looking good.

That's fair, though most people just seem to remember him basically demolishing everybody and Wonder Woman not even being able to stop him without help (which for WW fans was one of the biggest slights of the entire films).
    That's not exactly a great thing for the fans when he's a brainwashed villain during the fight.

I'm just waiting for Dark Victory, though who knows if they'll ever get to it.
    I'm sure they will, but that one I'm for sure never going to watch. After they fucked up TLH for me there's no chance I will ever watch their wretched take on DV. I might still watch their other films in the hopes they'll somehow do well, but that one I will not watch when it comes out. If I HATE your take on TLH then I will never watch your take on DV. You don't get that chance with me.

Maybe so, but it still works as canon in and of itself.
    Only for those who need it to be so in their heads, which has nothing to do on what Tomorrow-verse will or will not do multiverse-wise.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    A villain can still be well characterised.

Well, at least the costume.
    And yes, the costume!

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    A villain can still be well characterised.
    Of course and Hal Jordan is not a villain.

So who are they going to make evil in Crisis? Probably Mar Novu.
    That's not exactly a great thing for the fans when he's a brainwashed villain during the fight.
    I know, just mentioning what I feel like was the more focused on aspect of it.
    I'm sure they will, but that one I'm for sure never going to watch. After they fucked up TLH for me there's no chance I will ever watch their wretched take on DV. I might still watch their other films in the hopes they'll somehow do well, but that one I will not watch when it comes out. If I HATE your take on TLH then I will never watch your take on DV. You don't get that chance with me.
    I'll just be happy to see Robin .
    Only for those who need it to be so in their heads, which has nothing to do on what Tomorrow-verse will or will not do multiverse-wise.
    But it is an example of what they could possibly do, especially since it was the first adaption of Crisis.

Then I'm sure you'll love it. But I'm not watching it.

BANNED

I think the real implications is that no one involved should act like a spin-off comic of an Arrow-verse event is any kind of canon for anything any other part of DC wants to do.
    It's also important to note that the DCEU Flash seemed completely unaware of the Crisis when he met CW Flash during that event, which I figured was their way of saying there was another multiverse seperate from the CW one.

So who are they going to make evil in Crisis? Probably Mar Novu.

But what if Robin is the character they turn evil for this film?!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Depends, there's like 6 Robins so if Dick goes to the dark side or Damian goes all league of assassins or Jason goes all pew pew murder shooty you can just turn to the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I honestly wouldn't put it past them.

It seems like there always has to be one character who turns out to not be evil or fully bad (Lobo, Alberto Falcone) or one that shouldn't be evil but is because "what a twist!"

I think the question is whether they have the budget or resources to go big.
    IKR. No Way Home and the Spider verse movies were made for cinema release with budgets to match. These Dc animated movies are very low budget DTV cash generators.

They will not have the budget to 'go big'.