Page 136 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2326

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    IKR. No Way Home and the Spider verse movies were made for cinema release with budgets to match. These Dc animated movies are very low budget DTV cash generators.

They will not have the budget to 'go big'.
    Never mind that - they don't even have the budget to "go big" by their own standards anymore. I would say films like Under the Red Hood, Crisis on Two Earth, Dark Knight Returns, and Flashpoint Paradox went hella big for animated DTVs, but they had more money back then. For whatever asinine reason though right around the beginning of the DCAMU/Tucker-verse WB slashed the budget big time, and it's been damn noticeable ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The recent miniseries Neo Year focused on Terry after Bruce's death. So you could use that as a way to honor Conroy's contribution.

I wasn't fond of the DCAMU so I rather get standalone or more experimental stories. I'd be up for a Wildstorm or Milestone project seperate from the DCU.
    The DCAMU was made by the same creative team is. producers, directors and writing teams] that made Batman Beyond, STAS, JLU, JL, Return of the Caped Crusaders, LOSH TV Series, Batman The Brave and The Bold, Static Shock and some episodes of TNBTAS.

The DCAMU was made by the same creative team is. producers, directors and writing teams] that made Batman Beyond, STAS, JLU, JL, Return of the Caped Crusaders, LOSH TV Series, Batman The Brave and The Bold, Static Shock and some episodes of TNBTAS.
    All amazing properties that stand much taller than Tomorrow-verse ever will, hope none of them get dragged into this COIE adaptation. Hate to see them get abused for this less than stellar property.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Never mind that - they don't even have the budget to "go big" by their own standards anymore. I would say films like Under the Red Hood, Crisis on Two Earth, Dark Knight Returns, and Flashpoint Paradox went hella big for animated DTVs, but they had more money back then. For whatever asinine reason though right around the beginning of the DCAMU/Tucker-verse WB slashed the budget big time, and it's been damn noticeable ever since.
    Comics have been in decline since the early 2010's and several WB franchise properties have lost steam or have been under performing [eg. DC Universe and Fantastic Beasts] it's understandable that they'd try to strip back whatever they can wherever they can.

These movies aren't high profile enough that a fall in production will impact WB adversely but they have a large enough viewership that opting for cheaper production results in almost double the profit they'd normally expect from their DTV movies due to the increased profit margin.

These new 52 movies cost so little that the rentals revenue[pay-per-view airplanes, hotels etc] alone pretty much cover the cost of production.

Desperate times man.

Comics have been in decline since the early 2010's and several WB franchise properties have lost steam or have been under performing [eg. DC Universe and Fantastic Beasts] it's understandable that they'd try to strip back whatever they can wherever they can.

These movies aren't high profile enough that a fall in production will impact WB adversely but they have a large enough viewership that opting for cheaper production results in almost double the profit they'd normally expect from their DTV movies due to the increased profit margin.

These new 52 movies cost so little that the rentals revenue[pay-per-view airplanes, hotels etc] alone pretty much cover the cost of production.

Desperate times man.
    Well that explains the asinine reason - still fucking sucks tho.

I can't believe that in all these years doing these DTVs we haven't had a single Batman Beyond film (Return of the Joker doesn't count, strictly talking since they started doing these DTV films back in like 05).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Right, but clearly the characters were different enough that it justified the use of the multiverse. Barry meeting Jay, the JSA and the JLA teaming up, is quite different to having a bunch of different actors or voice actors play the same mainstream version of the character.

And I liked No Way Home, it had a strong story, but I don't need to see that gimmick rehashed. I thought the Flash's cameos were a little weird and took me out of the movie. It's too meta for me.
    Well, outside of some quick cameos, I don't really expect too many doppelgangers to have a major role in COIE. Really, Earth 2 Superman was the only significant one in the original story - and there were quiet a few differences between him and the Earth 1 Superman. Likewise, the Arrowverse adaptation also had a second Superman in a prominent role, but they did a pretty good job distinguishing the Brandon Routh version from Tyler Hoechlin's take (Tom Welling of course was a cameo for pure fanservice).

Death/Reign and Apokolips War went pretty big in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

And **** on Conner kent superboy,so they can stay dead imo.

Hopefully we have a new Conner someday where they don't use him as cannon fodder
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Incredible Member

The trailer for SCOOBY-DOO! AND KRYPTO, TOO! premieres tomorrow!

https://twitter.com/WBHomeEnt/status...62384469147681

I disagree with the last two. They were "big events" but the writing and visuals didn't go big in my opinion. Death went kinda big though, that's fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post

Oh wow, I thought this was scrapped as another tax write off!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post

They're actually releasing it officially!?
    I disagree with the last two. They were "big events" but the writing and visuals didn't go big in my opinion. Death went kinda big though, that's fair.
    Really? I thought they were some of the best looking DTV's of the Tucker-verse and the stories were pretty epic even if one can debate the execution.

They're actually releasing it officially!?

Really? I thought they were some of the best looking DTV's of the Tucker-verse and the stories were pretty epic even if one can debate the execution.
    Exactly - they were above average for the time but they never reached the visual heights of animation of the prior era. Except maybe arguably Death, which was incredible at all levels. Reign though was definitely a step down from that and disappointing for me, but still above average for the Tuckerverse. Apokolips War mostly shined in the no fucks given since we're ending it all anyways balls to the wall kill em all mayhem aspect more than anything else, which I appreciated.

Exactly - they were above average for the time but they never reached the visual heights of animation of the prior era. Except maybe arguably Death, which was incredible at all levels. Reign though was definitely a step down from that and disappointing for me, but still above average for the Tuckerverse. Apokolips War mostly shined in the no fucks given since we're ending it all anyways balls to the wall kill em all mayhem aspect more than anything else, which I appreciated.
    I thought Reign was an especially gorgeous animated film, very clean, crisp, and smooth. And landed the emotional beats and the action.

Also, Lois:

It was definitely a "completely trash and unceremoniously kill everything" type film but it also had heart and surprisingly poignant moments...which I guess sums up the Tucker-verse in a nutshell.