Page 137 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2318

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought Reign was an especially gorgeous animated film, very clean, crisp, and smooth. And landed the emotional beats and the action.

Also, Lois:

It was definitely a "completely trash and unceremoniously kill everything" type film but it also had heart and surprisingly poignant moments...which I guess sums up the Tucker-verse in a nutshell.
    I'll agree on Lois (and completely trash and unceremoniously kill everything) but not much else.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    And **** on Conner kent superboy,so they can stay dead imo.

Hopefully we have a new Conner someday where they don't use him as cannon fodder
    The DCAMU (and DC media in general) hasn't been particularly kind to the 'Young Justice' generation and Post-Crisis successors.

No Tim. No Kyle. No. Wally. No Bart. Conner only made it in because they wanted to do a faithful adaptation of Death/Return.

The focus of that continuity was on characters who were the stars in the New 52 and later Rebirth eras. So Cyborg over J'onn (though J'onn did cameo). Barry and Hal (though John did cameo). Damian as Robin. And so on.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    The DCAMU (and DC media in general) hasn't been particularly kind to the 'Young Justice' generation and Post-Crisis successors.

No Tim. No Kyle. No. Wally. No Bart. Conner only made it in because they wanted to do a faithful adaptation of Death/Return.

The focus of that continuity was on characters who were the stars in the New 52 and later Rebirth eras. So Cyborg over J'onn (though J'onn did cameo). Barry and Hal (though John did cameo). Damian as Robin. And so on.
    To be honest I'm just disappointed that Donna didn't get to do anything after they just introduced her. She had an amazing design too.

J'onn at least got a little more screentime and actual dialogue in Death/Reign.

Astonishing Member

To be honest I'm just disappointed that Donna didn't get to do anything after they just introduced her. She had an amazing design too.

J'onn at least got a little more screentime and actual dialogue in Death/Reign.
    Yeah. Ditto with Batgirl, who was introduced at the end of Bad Blood but then never got to do anything, apart from a cameo in Apokolips War IIRC.

Incredible Member

The movie "Scooby-Doo and Krypto, Too!" has finally been officially announced! The Trailer is out. The Releasing is September 26.

Finally the film will be released. Rumors about this movie had been leaked first in June 2021, then screenshots from the movie leaked in July 2022 and finally the movie leaked on the internet in March of this year!

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Yeah. Ditto with Batgirl, who was introduced at the end of Bad Blood but then never got to do anything, apart from a cameo in Apokolips War IIRC.
    She also had a bit part in that awful rendition of Hush. At the tail-end of the DCAU universe. I always skip Hush on rewatches. It really adds nothing.

Wally, Tim, Conner and Babs aren't really in outside media content. Yeah the animated movieverse didn't use them but that's just one series. They have been a part of multiple DC series. The DCu has a lot of characters so they have to rotate so everyone gets a chance to see their favourite in an adaptation/game or TV series.

DCAU, DCaMU, Action, YJ, Titans, JLU, CW shows, DcsHG etc the only characters that are included on all these is Batman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    She also had a bit part in that awful rendition of Hush. At the tail-end of the DCAU universe. I always skip Hush on rewatches. It really adds nothing.

Damn...don't even remember this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Wally, Tim, Conner and Babs aren't really in outside media content. Yeah the animated movieverse didn't use them but that's just one series. They have been a part of multiple DC series. The DCu has a lot of characters so they have to rotate so everyone gets a chance to see their favourite in an adaptation/game or TV series.

DCAU, DCaMU, Action, YJ, Titans, JLU, CW shows, DcsHG etc the only characters that are included on all these is Batman.
    Usually, characters get featured in adaptations either if they are the 'current' versions in the comics, or if they're so iconic that they transcend any particular era (or were part of particularly iconic stories/eras that are getting adapted).

Wally got to appear in the DCAU because he was then the 'current' Flash in the comics (though they blended in elements of Barry and basically created a 'composite' Flash, which is what most Flash adaptations have tended to do). Now that Barry's the 'main' Flash across all media (though Wally's headlining the comics currently) he tends to be the one in adaptations.

Dick Grayson is just too big and evergreen a character to not show up, either as Robin or as Nightwing, depending on when the adaptation is set, relatively speaking, in Batman's career. And Damian is the 'current' Robin so he gets to appear. Tim got that honour back during TNBA, being the 'current' Robin (though they blended in elements of Jason Todd), but now that he's been sidelined in the comics too for the most part, he doesn't appear in adaptations much (the Titans series being a notable exception).

I'm still waiting for good animated adaptions of Donna Troy, Tim Drake, Cassandra Cain, and Stephanie Brown.

Young Justice was...flawed.

I'm still waiting for good animated adaptions of Donna Troy, Tim Drake, Cassandra Cain, and Stephanie Brown.

Young Justice was...flawed.
    You didn't like DCAU Tim?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    And don't forget Batman Unlimited Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    And don't forget Batman Unlimited Tim.
    DCAU Tim was basically just Jason. I liked him, but it wasn't really a comic-accurate adaption.

Unlimited was kind of closer and at least he wasn't treated like an afterthought like he was in YJ.

BANNED

DCAU Tim was basically just Jason. I liked him, but it wasn't really a comic-accurate adaption.

Unlimited was kind of closer and at least he wasn't treated like an afterthought like he was in YJ.
    Has Tim ever gotten a faithful adaption in media outside of the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by clonegeek View Post
    Has Tim ever gotten a faithful adaption?
    Well, Young Justice on paper if not in practice.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I watched Warworld today. Batman had the best short story. Diana had the worst. Seriously, can the writers/animators not get her personality right at all? Timmverse, DCAU, Tomorrowverse. All have terrible Dianas. I was digging Clark’s noir story in a bottle mystery. Then, just as soon as it starts it’s over. Lame.

The split stories of the 3 characters was a novel idea. Similar to the Sin City movies. I would’ve been satisfied with that. If they had fully realized the short stories and made them longer. The last 3rd of the movie becoming an assault on Warworld with Mongol, Lobo and the White Martians; demonstrated once again the “everything and the kitchen sink” mentality of these these films.

Legion of Superheroes
    GL Beware My Power
    JSA WW2
    Superman Man of Tomorrow

All have way too much going on. Batman Bad Blood and WW Bloodlines were the same in the old continuity but this is every movie now.

Here’s hoping the 3 part Crisis movie has things paced out properly.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 09-12-2023 at 07:23 PM.