Page 14 of 156 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Curious what thoughts are on The Killing Joke ending. To me it seems like the intent was Grant Morrison's interpretation (won't spoil anything, but do a quick search.) I don't see how it works any other way.

Apparently Nightwing will have a much bigger role in Teen Titans: Judas Contract.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Apparently Nightwing will have a much bigger role in Teen Titans: Judas Contract.
    Thank god. If Damian is less relevant to the story than Nightwing, Deathstroke, and Terra, then I might actually be able to enjoy this one.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I was happy to read about that from Sam Liu's twitter .

Hope we get more interaction between him and Kori, as well as Damian. I also hope his role is about the same as it was in the original story, where he comes in to save the Titans after they've been betrayed and captured.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Thank god. If Damian is less relevant to the story than Nightwing, Deathstroke, and Terra, then I might actually be able to enjoy this one.
    I'd say Nightwing, Terra, Beast Boy and Deathstroke will get the most development. Blue Beetle, Starfire and Raven will have their moments as for Damien, who knows. I can't wait for this movie though!

BANNED

Doubtful, seeing as Deathstroke has a direct beef with Damian from the events of Son of Batman.

Call me weird but i enjoyed BvR and Son of Batman more than Throne of Atlantis, probably cuz ToA ruins itself in the 3rd act when everyone sans Batman is Jobbed out to Orm.

but yeah, DCAU needs to layoff the Batman/Bat-Family centric Movies. Let's see Supes/Diana rom-com where their date keeps getting interrupted by crime. And at the end of the movie GL is like "Guys i have the perfect get away planet." Cut away to Supes/Diana picnic date in a serene paradise camera Zoom's out and it's revealed they're on Mogo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by unholyrevenger72 View Post
    Doubtful, seeing as Deathstroke has a direct beef with Damian from the events of Son of Batman.

Call me weird but i enjoyed BvR and Son of Batman more than Throne of Atlantis, probably cuz ToA ruins itself in the 3rd act when everyone sans Batman is Jobbed out to Orm.

but yeah, DCAU needs to layoff the Batman/Bat-Family centric Movies. Let's see Supes/Diana rom-com where their date keeps getting interrupted by crime. And at the end of the movie GL is like "Guys i have the perfect get away planet." Cut away to Supes/Diana picnic date in a serene paradise camera Zoom's out and it's revealed they're on Mogo.
    Bat-Family focused films are a great idea IMO, the problem is with the execution. Main issues being 1. Too much focus on Damian and 2. Damian is $&@!ing horrible in these movies.

BANNED

Bat-Family focused films are a great idea IMO, the problem is with the execution. Main issues being 1. Too much focus on Damian and 2. Damian is $&@!ing horrible in these movies.
    I'm not saying not do them, i'm saying do less of them and give their non-Bat related characters a chance to shine. Also Damian is fine.

I also think the voice actors, tone, and overall animation style all feel wrong. The voice actors always sound either tired or bored, the visuals feel like the early New 52 where everything was this weird, edgy, modern dreck. I feel that the animation style and character designs are very lazy and disappointing. Hell there are many instances where character designs were taken from YJ and older animated movies. Like Cyborg's girlfriend from one of the movies (they all blend together) was just Dr. Roquette just recolored, Beast Boy turned into one of the Krolatians from YJ in JL vs TT, and that's just a couple examples.

Honestly the best animated stuff we are getting is the Unlimited stuff which is a weird Batman Beyond kid show.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

I'm not saying not do them, i'm saying do less of them and give their non-Bat related characters a chance to shine. Also Damian is fine.
    I'd say Damina isn't horrible, but he is disappointing. Damian is a brat, but he's supposed to be a brat who is learning humility along the way, whether it's by teaming up with Dick or suffering some logical defeats and immediately learning from the mistakes. It may just be that some Batfans are finding that the more lackluster Batfamily around him is hurting his characterization, like how Dick seems less impressive than he should be, or how both Batwoman and Batwing, while welcome additions to animation, feel a bit tacked on. And it's hard to capture Morrison's deconstruction of the over-powered character archetype when you have a little kid rip his arms free from being pinned to beat frikkin' Deathstroke.

He's not horribly written, but he seems to run more off Rule of Cool than he does off actual characterizations, and I can't help but feel he'd be better in a continuity where villains weren't jobbing to him and he had more family members to quarrel with. Heck, I still feel someone's going to realize that Jason, Tim, and Damian all can work together in a world with Dick Grayson and be better for it, instead of this piecemeal approach that always seems to be the thing we get.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I'd say Damina isn't horrible, but he is disappointing. Damian is a brat, but he's supposed to be a brat who is learning humility along the way, whether it's by teaming up with Dick or suffering some logical defeats and immediately learning from the mistakes. It may just be that some Batfans are finding that the more lackluster Batfamily around him is hurting his characterization, like how Dick seems less impressive than he should be,.... when you have a little kid rip his arms free from being pinned to beat frikkin' Deathstroke.
    Jobbing characters out to hold other characters up is the worst aspect of the movies. Son of Batman: Dick beats Damian, which should be what happens until Damian is fully grown. BvR: Damian beats Dick: cuz reasons. Don't get me started on every one loosing to Orm except Batman

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

DCAU needs to layoff the Batman/Bat-Family centric Movies.
    They will never do that. Its been pretty obvious right from the start that the guys in charge of DC Animation prefer the Batman family to everyone else.

Its okay though, I'm just grateful I got to see All-Star Superman and Action Comics 775 made into animated features.
    Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman, Justice League.

My favorite film trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    One of the best Honest Trailers yet.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Eyes View Post
    They will never do that. Its been pretty obvious right from the start that the guys in charge of DC Animation prefer the Batman family to everyone else.

Its okay though, I'm just grateful I got to see All-Star Superman and Action Comics 775 made into animated features.
    Actually that's not the case. The producers have said multiple times that they want to expand beyond Batman but TPTB won't allow them to. They've found a way to get around that though as they've been using the Batman films to introduce new Batverse family members and the JL titles to introduce other teams/concepts (Teen Titans, Justice League Dark). It seems to be working though because next year we're getting a solo Teen Titans movie, a sequel to this years JL vs TT. I'm hoping that means we'll now have a Titans line!