Page 153 of 156 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156 LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2326
    Amazing Member

I just received my copy of Justice Leagues: Crisis on Infinite Earths-Part 2 today. I liked it a lot. I thought it was quite good. I can't wait until Part 3 comes out and the trilogy and the Tomorrowverse conclude.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Wow....that was..bad.

So much silence, lingering shots, waste of storylines.

They tried to expand on Psycho Pirate and Kara but it seemed rather useless and too much screentime.

So many characters make stupid decisions. Especially what they did with the Batfam....

spoilers:
    They're facing off against shadow demons but Bruce insults all of them so what happens? They all begin to fight each other before Huntress/Robin take on Batman and kick his ass. The demons just look on.

It takes Bruce being attacked by the shadow demons for everyone to come together and fend them off again
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Jeez, this writing is just... I can't even find the right words to describe the awfulness. There's no cohesive plot, Kara/Psycho Pirate story arc is just boring, and Bat-Family arc... I don't know, this Batman writing is one of the worst I've ever seen. I get the point of this storyline, but Tomorrowerse Batman is just an idiot.
    I'm just waiting to DCAMU connection to pay off in the next chapter (considering that Constantine remembered his life, and Flash's fate is still up in the air, I guess there's going to something) + Conroy's last performance. That's basically two reasons why I'm gonna watch part 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Jeez, this writing is just... I can't even find the right words to describe the awfulness. There's no cohesive plot, Kara/Psycho Pirate story arc is just boring, and Bat-Family arc... I don't know, this Batman writing is one of the worst I've ever seen. I get the point of this storyline, but Tomorrowerse Batman is just an idiot.
    I'm just waiting to DCAMU connection to pay off in the next chapter (considering that Constantine remembered his life, and Flash's fate is still up in the air, I guess there's going to something) + Conroy's last performance. That's basically two reasons why I'm gonna watch part 3.
    Staying consistent with Long Halloween!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm of the mind they should have just ya know adapted Crisis on Infinite Earths.

This sounds like they are just doing the same **** they did with films like Reign of Supermen and Long Halloween where they change up the story to fit them into the universe and a lot of the time those changes just aren't very good.

I mean they used to adapt previous storylines pretty closely. Under the Red Hood only had a little fluff cut out, they even made two movies out of arcs in Superman/Batman, don't know what the issue is here.

I just remembered this team is gonna do Watchmen.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Wow....that was..bad.

So much silence, lingering shots, waste of storylines.

They tried to expand on Psycho Pirate and Kara but it seemed rather useless and too much screentime.

So many characters make stupid decisions. Especially what they did with the Batfam....

spoilers:
    They're facing off against shadow demons but Bruce insults all of them so what happens? They all begin to fight each other before Huntress/Robin take on Batman and kick his ass. The demons just look on.

It takes Bruce being attacked by the shadow demons for everyone to come together and fend them off again
    end of spoilers
    I’ll repeat what I said about Part 1. With this new universe wrapping up on short notice. COIE spends most of its time spinning too many plates that should’ve been fleshed out before last call.

I wholly agree that too much time was spent on Psycho Pirate’s backstory and this revised history of Kara’s to explain why she became Harbinger; and not Lyla.

The Bat-Fam was surprisingly under-utilized and wasted. I agree with @Frontier. This Batman is an idiot. Perhaps I judged Batman Bad Blood too harshly.

Part 2 is definitely a downgrade from Part 1. Part 1 had Barry as our POV character to follow. Part 2 doesn’t have that. Too many flashbacks to events that don’t matter for this current Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm of the mind they should have just ya know adapted Crisis on Infinite Earths.

This sounds like they are just doing the same **** they did with films like Reign of Supermen and Long Halloween where they change up the story to fit them into the universe and a lot of the time those changes just aren't very good.

I mean they used to adapt previous storylines pretty closely. Under the Red Hood only had a little fluff cut out, they even made two movies out of arcs in Superman/Batman, don't know what the issue is here.
    I agree. Batman Under the Red Hood and Superman vs The Elite set the standard for adapting stories and improving them.

Batman Hush and Batman The Long Halloween both blew it big time. The creative team altered the twist and the mystery to throw a curve at people who read the comics. But the changes they made undermine the story and compromise the presentation.

I'm not ready to write COIE off yet. They put out a sour middle part, but they still have one crack at the whip left to surprise me.

I'll be saving my money when Watchmen comes though.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 04-24-2024 at 07:05 PM.

Reign of the Supermen pretty much was comic-accurate for the most part outside Darkseid being behind Cyborg-Superman and no Mongul/Coast City destroyed. Oh, and I guess going directly with Superboy being a Superman/Luthor clone. The only problem was that it was one movie to basically condense both Reign and Return into one movie.

Death of Superman did the same thing and that's a pretty well-praised movie.

And from the sounds of it they have actually included a lot from the actual Crisis story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I just remembered this team is gonna do Watchmen.
    I don't know if that's actually been confirmed. We don't know a lot about the Watchmen adaption.

It's hilarious that they released it so close to another X-Men 97 episode. The difference of animation and storytelling quality is just embarrassing

So, they really did spend like 2 cents on this movie, put Batman on it despite batman barely being on the original event, and hoped no one else would mock it all?

Astonishing Member

It's more and more obvious, that Tomorrowverse in general was just one huge mistake in the first place. The quality didn't improve (though Man of Tomorrow and Long Halloween were ok), and at least DCAMU had an audience and it's still being discussed.
    There's a zero discussion about Crisis among even hardcore fans.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

It's more and more obvious, that Tomorrowverse in general was just one huge mistake in the first place. The quality didn't improve (though Man of Tomorrow and Long Halloween were ok), and at least DCAMU had an audience and it's still being discussed.
    There's a zero discussion about Crisis among even hardcore fans.
    It becomes even more hilarious with the new film universe wanting to make animated movies, they had to rush the Tomorrowverse to a sudden ending.

Which wouldn't be an issue to begin with had they just taken a break from shared universes after the DCAMU and went back to standalone films. Everything thats happening is squarely on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    It's hilarious that they released it so close to another X-Men 97 episode. The difference of animation and storytelling quality is just embarrassing
    Oh God they really have to up the budget for these films, this is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    So, they really did spend like 2 cents on this movie, put Batman on it despite batman barely being on the original event, and hoped no one else would mock it all?
    I do wonder they put Batman as bait for more people watching. Nevertheless Batman portrayal there become one of the hated things I see from fellow fans

Astonishing Member

It becomes even more hilarious with the new film universe wanting to make animated movies, they had to rush the Tomorrowverse to a sudden ending.

Which wouldn't be an issue to begin with had they just taken a break from shared universes after the DCAMU and went back to standalone films. Everything thats happening is squarely on them.
    That was the best case scenario, too bad they were too obsessed with this concept.