Page 2 of 152 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    To correct the OP, Gods and Monsters isn't apart of the New 52 movies as it is a separate universe from the other movies. Right now its my favorite of the new batch and I eagerly hope its get a sequel or gets an ongoing comic or become a proper show.

I'm not against the new 52 inspired movies or the idea of a connected movie universe but that seems like a better idea for a show. The old format of self contained movies is a better idea rather than making them connected because it gives more time to flesh everything out.

Outside of Bad Blood or the JL vs Teen Titans none of it looks interesting to me. Hopefully they widened their scope beyond Batman and come up with a take that's truly unique/different.
    @bold

Thanks for the correction. I did a copy and paste from the list but forgot to rearrange all the tiles.

I'm surprised to see how different all of our tastes are.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I have not really liked the last few Batman movies. Maybe I just don't like Damien and that is why they just seem subpar to me. Son of Batman and Batman vs Robin were just not well written movies. The last one I think I really liked was Batman: Assault on Arkham which I thought was great even though it really was more of a Suicide Squad movie instead of a straight up Batman movie.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I feel like I'm the only one who liked Superman: Unbound.

The quality of stuff didn't really get bad in my opinion until Flashpoint and then it got really bad afterwards with the exception of the "Gods and Monsters" stuff by Bruce Timm.
    I liked Superman: Unbound too. It wasn't brilliant or anything but it was enjoyable. Superman had a lot of personality in that movie. Which was nice to see because occasionally he comes off too wooden in the animated features.

I think the story for Superman vs the Elite was great but the weird animation killed it. It really despressed me becuse if the animation was better it could have been one of the best DC animated movies.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Morrison pulled Damian off. The animated universe killed him for me. I like dark stories if they are well done but something like the Dollmaker was just creepy and doesn't fit Batman animation. Batman vs Robin was better than Batman and son at least.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Most of the movies were too ambitious for their good, the limited run time was a big hindrance for many films and splitting a movie into 2 parts seemed a one off thing, quite a few movies would have benefited from a split 2 parter.

WW, Batman Under the Red Hood and TDKR remain my favourite and what I consider really good, the rest are either just fun or "meh".
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

There's something to enjoy in all the animated movies (Mask of the Phantasm, New Frontier, UTRH are my favorites) with the exception of the newer animated films. All of them have been garbage so far, it's all action with eh animation and even worse stories.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Going through this list, my favorites are:

Justice League: The New Frontier
    Batman: Gotham Knight
    Green Lantern: First Flight
    Batman: Under the Red Hood
    Justice League: Doom
    Superman vs. The Elite
    Batman: The Dark Knight Returns – Part 1
    Batman: The Dark Knight Returns – Part 2
    Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox

Things like Superman vs The Elite and Under the Red Hood I like a lot better than their comic counterparts.

I still need to wacth:
    Batman: Assault on Arkham
    Justice League: Gods and Monsters
    Son of Batman
    Batman vs. Robin
    Batman: Bad Blood
    Justice League vs Teen Titans

Although I don't expect many of them to be good, but here's hoping.

Astonishing Member

in spite of the animation, i'd say superman vs the elite is in my top 3. the story was well executed, and you just got to love manchester black. the animation style did not actualy bother me.

Astonishing Member

I was happy that Joe Kelly got to come back and correct some of the things he perceived were the problems with his original tale "What's so Funny About Truth Justice and the American Way".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    I was happy that Joe Kelly got to come back and correct some of the things he perceived were the problems with his original tale "What's so Funny About Truth Justice and the American Way".
    Cos there's plenty problems with it, I'll tell you that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Is Beware the Batman a good/solid show with some peaks? Or is it horrible? How was its reception?
    The idea of using lesser known villains was interesting, but they didn't made them interesting.And imothere would have been better ones than the one they chose. And these villains often were portrait more similar to one of the popular villains than to their comicbook counter parts. Magpie was for example kind of a Catwoman rip off, and in Anarkys case they completely dropped his defining traits (being a teenager and a anti-villain). The strongest episodes were imo the one were they used the more popular villains.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Morrison pulled Damian off. The animated universe killed him for me. I like dark stories if they are well done but something like the Dollmaker was just creepy and doesn't fit Batman animation. Batman vs Robin was better than Batman and son at least.
    I still don't really get why they keep pushing Damian as main protagonist.
    Theses movies seemed to aim at a adult or at least teen audience, so why make 10 year old kid the lead.
    Son of Batman imo story wise a kids movie, but it is far to violent and blodyfor the kids the story would appeal (the US rating system doesn't rate violence as high the one of my homecountry, but here you have to be 16 to watch it).
    Last edited by Aahz; 02-09-2016 at 07:38 AM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The idea of using lesser known villains was interesting, but they didn't made them interesting.And imothere would have been better ones than the one they chose. And these villains often were portrait more similar to one of the popular villains than to their comicbook counter parts. Magpie was for example kind of a Catwoman rip off, and in Anarkys case they completely dropped his defining traits (being a teenager and a anti-villain). The strongest episodes were imo the one were they used the more popular villains.

I still don't really get why they keep pushing Damian as main protagonist.
    Theses movies seemed to aim at a adult or at least teen audience, so why make 10 year old kid the lead.
    Son of Batman imo story wise a kids movie, but it is far to violent and blodyfor the kids the story would appeal (the US rating system doesn't rate violence as high the one of my homecountry, but here you have to be 16 to watch it).
    Mr Toad and Prof Pyg both look hilarious.

The violence in Batman and Son felt weird (and the rest of the movie fell flat) but the violence in Flashpoint was Ok for me. Kinda strange.
    Maybe it was the Elseworlds setting.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Cos there's plenty problems with it, I'll tell you that.
    Indeed. The animated movie was less straw man, than the comic. The added effect of Superman learning about Manchester and his team helped the presentation of the message.

A red son movie would be awesome.