Page 27 of 156 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    She only appeared in the comic series of the 2003 TT adaptation.

Her character model was designed, but the show runners never got the go ahead to use her. Presumably because her rights were tied up with the WW estate or DC's embargo restricting her appearance. The latter being why Kid Flash (Wally) made only 1 appearance (in an episode that didn't feature any of the 5 main Titans) for the 2K3 show.
    Now I want to read the comic adaptation of the TT show :')

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Now I want to read the comic adaptation of the TT show :')
    It was actually a pretty good and fun comic, and gave a lot of good spotlight to the other Titans outside the main five .

Astonishing Member

Haven't watched the new film yet, but just how old is Beast Boy supposed to be in the present if he was a contemporary of the first Teen TItans?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Haven't watched the new film yet, but just how old is Beast Boy supposed to be in the present if he was a contemporary of the first Teen TItans?
    The clip was set 5 years in the past so maybe he was 10 then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    I think James Tucker said he was 16 in JLvsTT, so he would've had to have been 10-11 by the time of that flashback.

just saw tt: judas contract. good movie. liked it.

glad to see their new member at the end...

Astonishing Member

Just saw it and quiet enjoyed it. Its great to see WB making a decent animated film that's NOT Batman-related in any way! (yeah, Nightwing and Robin are major characters, but Bats himself isn't even MENTIONED, to my knowledge!)

I especially loved the flashback with the 'original' Teen Titans. It gave this continuity a sense of history and legacy which the New 52 that this verse is modeled after thoroughly lacked. Yes, it would have been nice to see Donna and Garth in the flashback as well, but given that it was almost certainly set before Justice League War it makes sense that they wouldn't be around given that Wonder Woman and Aquaman weren't in the picture either.

Deathstroke was easily a 100 times better than his last appearance in this verse too. I'm not a fan of him being this League of Assassins 'heir' who felt 'passed over' but they've made that shitty backstory work in this film, especially with regards to his dynamic with Damian, so I'm glad for that.

So I've come up with a rough chronology for the DCAOU as it stands now. Here goes-

13 years ago(?)

Batman first meets Talia al Ghul (and presumably Ra's al Ghul as well). Shortly thereafter, Damian is conceived.

5 years ago

Prologue of Teen Titans: The Judas Contract. Robin, Speedy, Kid Flash, Bumblebee and Beast Boy are the active Teen Titans and they are joined by Starfire.

3 years ago

Events of Justice League War and Son of Batman. The Justice League is formed. Not long after, Batman learns of Damian's existence, and the latter becomes the new Robin.

2 years ago

Events of Justice League: Throne of Atlantis and Batman vs. Robin.

1 year ago

Events of Batman Bad Blood and Justice League vs. Teen Titans. Shortly after Damian joins the Teen Titans, Terra also joins the team.

This year

Events of Justice League Dark and Teen Titans: The Judas Contract.

Basically, in this verse, Batman has been around a LONG time (if Talia's comment in Bad Blood is true). Superman, Flash and the others were definitely around at least several years before the Justice League formed. The Teen Titans formed before the Justice League. Also, Dick became Nightwing probably not long before Damian came on the scene.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Not sure if many people know about this, but WB/DC has rereleased the 2009 WW movie, to coincide with the DCEU film.

https://www.amazon.com/Wonder-Woman-...rative+edition

Aw, I was hoping it was a new one!

I want some new WW animation!

Not sure if many people know about this, but WB/DC has rereleased the 2009 WW movie, to coincide with the DCEU film.

That's cool but like Phoenix I was hoping it would be a new one lol.

Would still love to see a DC bombshells one. Also an Aquaman one but they kind of covered that with throne of Atlantis

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This film is easily the high watermark of the DC Animated Movies.

That cover art with the Rebirth costume is kind of misleading .

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    This film is easily the high watermark of the DC Animated Movies.
    I prefer Under the Red Hood, Superman vs. The Elite and The Judas Contract (and that's not counting the DCAU films like Mask of Phantasm, Subzero and Return of the Joker).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I prefer Under the Red Hood, Superman vs. The Elite and The Judas Contract (and that's not counting the DCAU films like Mask of Phantasm, Subzero and Return of the Joker).
    Same here. Wonder Woman's film was lackluster imo and I think they have done way better than it and some of the animation was kind of weird like when she fought Ares for the first time. Gotham Knights was up there for me too.
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 05-16-2017 at 01:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

After years of putting it off, I finally watched Superman Brainiac Attacks. I didn't watch it initially because of bad word of mouth, but I thought the film was ok. Sure, Luthor's characterization is bad and there is way too much action, but it had potential. Not sure if I like it more of less than Superman Unbound. "Unbound" was lukewarm to me.