Page 29 of 155 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    At least there's a Suicide Squad film in between the Batman/Superman wankfest! That film is infinitely more interesting to me than Gaslight and another retread of Death of Superman.
    I'm actually really tired of the Suicide Squad. They've become like DC'a Deadpool. They show up in so many damn books.

BANNED

I just realized they introduced Donna in JC but there's no TT film for next year and the only shared universe film for now looks to be Suicide Squad, LOL.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I'm actually really tired of the Suicide Squad. They've become like DC'a Deadpool. They show up in so many damn books.
    And frankly their stories post Ostrander have been ****, I cant even think of one good story from the Harley Quinn era while Deadshot and Boomerang have been completely defanged. Worse than Batman and Superman by leaps and bounds.

That said AOA was good, maybe this will be as well.

Edit: Deadshot: Most Wanted was pretty good though, so there's that.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

The thing about SS that bugs me is they using the wrong characters to make it interesting.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I'm excited for Suicide Squad. I have enough Batman films in my digital library. If this two part Death of Superman is done to the same quality as TDKReturns and fully tells the comic story, I'm on board.

BANNED

I am really.lokking forward to the 2nd Superman movie,that's the one that could be amazing imo.

The 1st should be 1/2 the fight,most of the rest Funeral ,and the last 5 to 10 minutes setting up the Reign,like they did in the comics

BANNED

The first one should focus on the funeral and backstories for Henshaw and Eradicator. Infact Erad should be the villain, Doomsday portion should be reduced to 10 minutes.

Glad they're doing a proper adaptation of Death of Superman. The 2007 movie was horrible.
    It was horrible, but I wish we'd be getting something else instead. No big deal, I think the last one of these movies I have is Throne of Atlantis.

I'm not surprised they're doing a Suicide Squad movie given how that's such a hot property now, so that'll probably be fun .

I'm curious about what the Squad roster will look like (original? The movie team?) though it's a safe bet Harley, Captain Boomerang, and Deadshot will be in it.

I kind of question whether we need another adaption of Death of Superman, since for my money I think Superman: Doomsday was a pretty solid adaption even with all the stuff they had to cut out or change to fit everything into one movie. But I also can't deny that it's awesome that we'll be getting two Superman movies again, given the last Superman animated movie was Unbound back in 2013, and a more comic-accurate adaption of the storyline .

I'm curious if this might end up being in-continuity with the animated universe and how they'll handle adapting it compared to Superman: Doomsday, and also if we'll see all the other Supermen in part 2, which could mean the animated debuts for both Cyborg-Superman and the Eradicator.

And it's nice to only have one Batman movie this year .

Mighty Member

Given the fact that we are getting a Suicide Squad movie two years after the movie was released, it wouldn't shock me if we got a Wonder Woman movie in 2019, especially given how successful the live action film has been.

BANNED

I could see them doing the entire 1st movie being AFTER his death,but with flashbacks to the fight,as the story of everyone left behind is moving forward.

The 4 supermen in animation has been a dream of mine since we got that knockoff death of Superman movie.

Like i said somewhere else,the Superman voice actor will have his hands full with Kal,Kon,erad,and Hank,all with lil differneces,like erad being very cold,Hank sounding like he is talking through a walkie, and Kon in a young voice.i really can't wait for this

I was getting excited for the suicide squad movie but oh wait its gonna be in the terrible new 52 continuity bleh
    which is ironic because the new 52 squad is one of my favorite iterations of the team. I just hope they don't include Damian or Batman in it. I can't stand either character

They should just do a sequel to Assault on Arkham but just place it in the new 52 animated continuity. I think that movie is probably my favorite DCAU production.

Superman Doomsday is way better than people give it credit for. The death of superman is a really crappy storyline and once you get past the moment of supes death you are basically treating yourself to a whole movie of almost nothing happening and then supes gets resurrected out of a sleep coma(yawn)

Superman Doomsday just cut all the really crappy parts out of the story and focused on Superman. These 2 part movies will probably focus heavily on the Superman imposters to compensate for run time
    Last edited by Nite-Wing; 07-22-2017 at 08:49 AM.

Can we stop calling it a New 52 continuity? The Titans and the Judas Contract story pretty much have dispelled that this is just a New 52 universe .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Can we stop calling it a New 52 continuity? The Titans and the Judas Contract story pretty much have dispelled that this is just a New 52 universe .
    Son of Batman wasn't based on any New 52 continuity either.

You need to call it something to separate it from the stand alone movies like assault on arkham or The killing joke

Its the new 52 because this new continuity was started with Justice League War and that was mostly an adaption of Justice League: Origin

The continuity is very loose and makes no sense but the thematic link to all the movies is that they are following the new 52 storylines.