Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Mr Toad and Prof Pyg both look hilarious.
    These two and Humpty Dumpty were imo the worst ones. They looked way to catoony for the dark tone and animation.

The violence in Batman and Son felt weird (and the rest of the movie fell flat) but the violence in Flashpoint was Ok for me. Kinda strange.
    Maybe it was the Elseworlds setting.
    Maybe because Flashpoint had a consistent tone (I haven't seen it so I cant compare)?
    "Under the Red Hood" is for example also quite violent, but it fits the tone of the movie.
    "Batman and Son" on the other hand always feels for me like they couldn't decide if they wanted to make a movie for small kids or something for adults.
    Last edited by Aahz; 02-10-2016 at 12:40 AM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

^ The Flashpoint movie was as dark as the comic. Makes sense, since the world is topsy turvy and is war torn between Atlantis and the Amazons. I haven't seen Batman and Son yet, so I can't comment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Maybe because Flashpoint had a consistent tone (I haven't seen it so I cant compare)?
    "Under the Red Hood" is for example also quite violent, but it fits the tone of the movie.
    "Batman and Son" on the other hand always feels for me like they couldn't decide if they wanted to make a movie for small kids or something for adults.
    I think so, yeah. Flashpoint, Under the Red Hood, Assault on Arkham are fairly dark/violent but the movie's not pretending to be anything else. Son of Batman not only veers wildly between violence and cartoony stuff, and just seems to defy the laws of reasoning, that opening with ninjas using arrows and **** against gunners, Damian fighting Slade to a standstill and getting knives through his arms like it's nothing...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    A red son movie would be awesome.
    Actually, yeah, this would be great. Dunno why they're trying to adapt stuff like Killing Joke instead when it doesn't even have enough material to make a whole movie out of.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

I think they are focusing to much on newer stories in their adaptions. Their are probably hundreds of stories that I'd rather see adapted then the ones they are choosing.

My favorites are The Dark Knight Returns, Under the Red Hood and Gods and Monsters which were just great. The others are all good with the exception of All Star and Supes: Unbound which were just ok to me.

With all due respect, JL: War was pure garbage and I've yet to see the others from that continuity but I don't expect them to be any better. One day I might watch them. One day.

Good idea to separate this from the other TV/Media thread so we can just discuss DC animated movies!

My favourites are:

JL: New Frontier (I really love how this spotlights the other heroes apart from the Trinity: Green Lantern, Flash and especially Martian Manhunter have great story threads in this)
    JL: Crisis on Two Earths
    Assault on Arkham
    Under the Red Hood
    Flashpoint Paradox
    Batman/Superman Public Enemies (The bromance between Bruce and Clark is strong in this)
    TDKR I&II
    Wonder Woman

My opinion on the New 52 movies are... mixed. I don't mind War, Throne of Atlantis has a lot of problems for me, being a big Aquafan but again it's not terrible. However I cannot stand most of the new Batman movies, really do not like the characterisation of either Bruce of Damien, and they regurgitate the same father-son conflict in each movie. Bad Blood was the first one I legitimately enjoyed, mainly because of the spotlight on Dick and inclusions of Batwoman and Batwing.

Thanks. There are some clips on youtube and Batman, Croc and Deathstroke are surprisingly well done from what I've seen but the wallet already hurts...
    Also Ra's Al Ghul, Lady Shiva, Harvey Dent, Anarky, Tobias Whale (my personal favourite), the show actually has some cool takes on villains. I definitely enjoyed it, was something different shame it didn't take off.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    A red son movie would be awesome.
    Yes please! We are long overdue a new solo Superman animated movie too.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

JL Gods and Monsters hopefully is the first of many with that team. The first 8 minutes were somewhat painful to watch because it looked like DCs version of the Ultimates just not good but then you really start enjoying it. There are a lot of cameos and I don't want to ruin the surprise for anyone. I'm not a fan of the Batman design but enjoyed the character despite resenting him at first... Batman a vampire... not a fan. Superman's look makes sense and is well thought out. Wonder Woman's personality and design shines. Really charming. Now I really wanna see more movies with that newborn JL or more Elseworlds in general. How can they do it so right (Gods and Monsters, Dark Knight returns) and fail so completely (Batman and Son).
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 02-12-2016 at 11:39 AM.

I don't feel like making a new thread, so I'll just post this here.

What are your favorite DC shows and how do you feel about them?

The Superfriends
    Batman The Animated Series
    Superman The Animated Series
    Batman Beyond
    Justice League and Justice League Unlimited
    Static Shock
    The Zeta Project
    Teen Titans
    The Batman
    Legion of Superheroes
    Batman The Brave and the Bold
    Beware The Batman
    Young Justice
    Green Lantern The Animated Series
    Teen Titans Go!

I don't think I've really enjoyed a DC animated movie for a couple years now but I finally sat down and watched Batman: Bad Blood last night and absolutely loved it. Loved the music, the fights, the characterization, and the story in general. Nice and even surprising to see Batwoman acknowledged as a lesbian, too.

Justice League vs Teen Titans is now available digitally on Itunes, VUDU and Amazon. If anyone watches before I do (which is very likely) please post your thoughts in my thread.

I've liked the New 52 Batman movies well enough, even though they're honestly not that great. Damian is actually one of my favorite parts about that series because of his character arc (I have no idea what he's like in the comics, though), and as a massive Batwoman fan Bad Blood was a treat.

As for the other films, I've only seen snippets, but I've liked what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Justice League vs Teen Titans is now available digitally on Itunes, VUDU and Amazon. If anyone watches before I do (which is very likely) please post your thoughts in my thread.
    the movie would have been better if Demian wasn't the central focus.

Solid animation and some decent action but like a lot of the new DC movies the story and direction felt rushed and uneven. Like the last couple of DC Animated films this had the potential to be much stronger than it actually was
    The J-man

I'm about to start JL vs Titans, I really hope this doesn't suck.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I'm about to start JL vs Titans, I really hope this doesn't suck.
    I hope you enjoy it. It looks like it'll be a fun movie .

Won't be surprised if you don't though .