Page 35 of 155 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

I really enjoyed the Death of Superman. One of the things that most impressed me about this movie was that they found a way to give every member of the Justice League a nice moment. Cyborg comes off very confident and cool, Flash and GL are genuinely funny, Wonder Woman is a badass, etc. All while telling the classic story. Animation was a bit disappointing but the fight scenes were cool.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Has anyone seen JL vs The Fatal Five yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Has anyone seen JL vs The Fatal Five yet?
    I have. It's good, not great, and feels like an extended episode of the old Justice League cartoon, albeit with better production if one of the more average quality scripts. So if you are really missing the DCAU this'll help.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I have. It's good, not great, and feels like an extended episode of the old Justice League cartoon, albeit with better production if one of the more average quality scripts. So if you are really missing the DCAU this'll help.
    Yeah, agree with your summary...
    Just watched it, and while it was good, it’s a fair way down the list of what I’d consider are the best animated DC movies.

How was Superman in it? Had a big role?

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Solid role, his initial fight is probably the best. Since it's only a team of 6 in this (7 if you count Star Boy) there's plenty of action to go around. Though the Trinity aren't the main focus of the plot they each get a one on one moment. Will say Mr. Terrific got more action in this movie than he did in the entirety of his time on Justice League Unlimited.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Eh, as big a role as Batman or Wonder Woman. I mean it was obviously a Jessica Cruz GL and Star Boy centered story, but everyone had a moment and was well represented I thought.

I agree. It was enjoyable but not great. It was definitely Jessica Cruz’ coming out party as it were. She had a fantastic showing and this will introduce her to a whole new audience. Really loved the scenes showing her dealing with her depression and survivors guilt. They were very well done. Always great to see Mr. Terrific in action. Hopefully this will raise his marketability. Would love to see more of him in other media.

I am not big fan the Legion of Superheroes but they made want to see a little more them in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Solid role, his initial fight is probably the best. Since it's only a team of 6 in this (7 if you count Star Boy) there's plenty of action to go around. Though the Trinity aren't the main focus of the plot they each get a one on one moment. Will say Mr. Terrific got more action in this movie than he did in the entirety of his time on Justice League Unlimited.
    Eh, as big a role as Batman or Wonder Woman. I mean it was obviously a Jessica Cruz GL and Star Boy centered story, but everyone had a moment and was well represented I thought.
    thanks. I'll wait on this. Doesn't seem like must watch for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Well, he was kind of stuck on that show doing Watchtower monitor duty so anything more then that is probably an improvement .

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I am not big fan the Legion of Superheroes but they made want to see a little more them in the future.
    Check out Johns’ Superman and The Legion of Superheroes story. It may make you love the LoS.

BANNED

Where do you guys think JLvFF fits in the DCAU continuity?

Mighty Member

I rather liked this movie, I'd recommend it to everyone. I'd say it captures the DCAU feel better than Batman and Harley Quinn did.

Also, despite her appearance being a glorified cameo, I often wonder about the modern characterization of Harley (giggling loonatic) being used over how she was in the DCAU (she was loony, but in a completely different way from Joker)

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Probably before the Return of the Joker Flashback (Arkham looks different, and in that flashback they said they moved it to a newer more secure location...

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    You'll want to check out Watchtower Database over on Youtube. They are a channel dedicated to the DCAU and it's crazy how much detail they have over there. I don't think they have done their timeline video for JLvsFF but they did one for Batman & Harley Quinn pretty fast, I think.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics