Page 37 of 152 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    It's all about licensing deals and streaming rights. DCU service shuffles their films because they also have other deals with other services...for example, I believe Amazon Prime & Hulu each have a few of the ones missing. DCU will sometimes have a film streaming on their service at the same time it's streaming elsewhere, but that happens because the specific contract for that film allows DCU to stream it. Eventually, that part of the deal expires and it's removed.

They make way more money licensing their animated and live action films out to other services than they ever will get from tossing them on DCU. This is why even Disney+ is missing loads and loads of Disney content.
    I kind of understand that, it definitely makes business sense to license products and make it available to other people so that it can get out there and be enjoyed by more people. However, it feels just a little off when the DC Comics exclusive app and streaming service are missing some of the DC original animated movies.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I kind of understand that, it definitely makes business sense to license products and make it available to other people so that it can get out there and be enjoyed by more people. However, it feels just a little off when the DC Comics exclusive app and streaming service are missing some of the DC original animated movies.
    All animated films are on DCuniversee now the license with hulu and amazon ran out it appears
    I am glad

Is "Red Son" available anywhere ye?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    All animated films are on DCuniversee now the license with hulu and amazon ran out it appears
    I am glad
    Wait, where do you see that?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Is "Red Son" available anywhere ye?
    The digital versions is available, I believe.

I’m going to wait until I can rent it. But I see it on my Xbox’s market thing.

So I bought Red Son and loved it, wrote my thoughts over on the Superman forums, but I also saw the feature for Apokolips War.
    Not sure if this is spoilers or not so I’ll spoil them just to be safe:
    spoilers:
    The three leads look to be Supes, Constantine, And Raven. It’s not an adaption of Darkseid War although it might draw on elements from that, in short the JL goes to Apokolips and loses with barely anyone surviving. Supes, Constantine, and Raven have to rally the survivors to somehow save the planet and beat back Darkseid. Honestly it looks exciting, Darkseid seems to have finally stopped jobbing.
    end of spoilers
    The whole thing reminds me of Rock of Ages more than anything else. Also it kind of sounds like this will be the finale for the DCAMU? No idea if this is just the ending the Darkseid plotline or if they mean to end the universe as a whole. We know there’s a Superman movie coming after Apokolips War but it takes place in his early days. Might be a prequel about DCAMU Superman or a stand-alone or the first movie in a new reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So I bought Red Son and loved it, wrote my thoughts over on the Superman forums, but I also saw the feature for Apokolips War.
    spoilers:
    The three leads look to be Supes, Constantine, And Raven. It’s not an adaption of Darkseid War although it might draw on elements from that, in short the JL goes to Apokolips and loses with barely anyone surviving. Supes, Constantine, and Raven have to rally the survivors to somehow save the planet and beat back Darkseid. Honestly it looks exciting, Darkseid seems to have finally stopped jobbing.
    end of spoilers
    The whole thing reminds me of Rock of Ages more than anything else. Also it kind of sounds like this will be the finale for the DCAMU? No idea if this is just the ending the Darkseid plotline or if they mean to end the universe as a whole. We know there’s a Superman movie coming after Apokolips War but it takes place in his early days. Might be a prequel about DCAMU Superman or a stand-alone or the first movie in a new reboot.
    spoilers:
    If they lose a lot of people...and if some of them are big names, then I smell a reboot at the end.
    end of spoilers

I don't see them ending the continuity at this point. A third Teen Titans film was already listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    If they lose a lot of people...and if some of them are big names, then I smell a reboot at the end.
    end of spoilers

I don't see them ending the continuity at this point. A third Teen Titans film was already listed.
    Yeah that’s why I said it reminds me of Rock of Ages. They’ll end up undoing their failure and saving the world. Although are we sure that TT movie is DCAMU? It could also be a prequel.

The movie looks very dark though. Holy crap is it insanely gory, they’re definitely not doing Jobberseid, this is definitely Space Satan Darkseid.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    So I'm guessing that's why Hal doesn't have a voice actor in the movie. Oh well.

Yeah that’s why I said it reminds me of Rock of Ages. They’ll end up undoing their failure and saving the world. Although are we sure that TT movie is DCAMU? It could also be a prequel.
    I mean, it's listed as a third movie and they still need to address Blackfire, so I'm thinking it'll be a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, it's listed as a third movie and they still need to address Blackfire, so I'm thinking it'll be a sequel.
    Then it’s either set before AW or by “finale” they just meant the finale to the Darkseid plot. For now I think they aren’t going to be ending the line as a whole especially since there’s a bunch of sequel hooks they set up with stuff like Blackfire and WW vs. Cale that haven’t been resolved yet.

Then it’s either set before AW or by “finale” they just meant the finale to the Darkseid plot.
    That's what I'm assuming.

"Man of Tomorrow" is probably going to be something to look out for for a lot of reasons.

Watched Superman: Red Son. Loved it! Actually better and more nuanced than the book.

spoilers:
    I'm going to laugh if this universe, that was created from Barry Allen messing with the timeline, is saved by Barry doing the exact same thing .
    end of spoilers