Page 41 of 155 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And Zatanna's in it too...not that she seems to do much .
    This JLD movie better be longer..

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    This JLD movie better be longer..
    I mean there is a lot we don't know right now. All we know is that it will be an R-rated movie that follows up on Reign of the Superman's plan to attack Darkseid and it looks to go horribly wrong. We don't know a run time, some people are rumoring that it will end this connected movie verse, heck we probably haven't even seen all the players in this movie either.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ok so this might be the end of the DCAMU, just saw this sneak peek video where one of the directors said “this was to best way to end the storyline of this universe”. Not sure if that means just stand alone movies or rebirth but guess rumors were right. Thank the DCAMU subreddit for posting it.

I’ll post the video here but uh, well remember it is an R-rated movie so some things are harsh and probably some BIG Spoilers so WATCH AT OWN DISCRETION FOR FEAR OF SPOILERS.

Last edited by sifighter; 03-03-2020 at 08:27 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Ok so this might be the end of the DCAMU, just saw this sneak peek video where one of the directors said “this was to best way to end the storyline of this universe”. Not sure if that means just stand alone movies or rebirth but guess rumors were right. Thank the DCAMU subreddit for posting it.

I’ll post the video here but uh, well remember it is an R-rated movie so some things are harsh and probably some BIG Spoilers so WATCH AT OWN DISCRETION FOR FEAR OF SPOILERS.

Dear lord, those deaths...

spoilers:
    Kilowog .
    end of spoilers

It sounds like the end of this particular universe..

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Hooray. Diana is the best loser of the jobber squad. Thanks for the table scraps, DC.

And "Doomsday Wars" sucked, too.
    "Don't tell me it's being true to the comics, because reasons."

<I point out that it's true to a comic>

"Well that comic sucked anyway."

😝 I never said you had to like it, I was just pointing out that even Morrison's JLA were not a match for Doomsday. As it should be, imo.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

One of them also mentions it was not written to have a sequel. I think this will be the last film of this universe. And ultimately, even though I've quite enjoyed this series of films (including Flashpoint Paradox here), I think I'm okay with a beginning and ending for something. Some stories/series just get ran into the ground after ideas run out, so I'm always a sucker for a true ending.

Or perhaps just a sucker in general. Either/or.

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    "Don't tell me it's being true to the comics, because reasons."

<I point out that it's true to a comic>

"Well that comic sucked anyway."

�� I never said you had to like it, I was just pointing out that even Morrison's JLA were not a match for Doomsday. As it should be, imo.
    Love how "staying true to the source material" is conveniently flexible when it makes a fan's favorite character look cool.

But how about this:

<long post about how this shared universe sucks because it leads to characters getting forced into stories they don't need to be in only to get made fools of>

"But Doomsday is the strongest and only Superman can beat him."

I tried to make a point about how this shared universes is a disservice to the majority of characters anchored to it, and you come at me with a Thermian argument.
    Also kind of further makes my point: if Superman is the only one "allowed" to beat Doomsday because the plot says so...leave the rest of the League out of it.

Count me as someone who is glad there is glad there are some places we can get some shared universe media for dc given the big screen stuff blew it. Much like the Arrowverse, the DCAMU is pretty flawed but at least it gave us a halfway decent universe that actually went somewhere. Obviously good stories are more important. But connectivity can add a lot of fun to the mix. My main problems are that the voice acting is weirdly crappy by dc standards. Batman in particular just sounds bored. That and it sucks that characters like Jason Todd can’t show up because he doesn’t exist.

Anyway I don’t care much about power levels or what caped hero can beat what sniveling villain, but I think animated Doomsday was more powerful than the comics version, even had the DCEU eye lasers. In the comics he seemed to be in Superman’s weight class whereas in the animated movie he was this overwhelming threat. I don’t know if Superman could have beaten him if Diana and Lex hadn’t softened him up for him.
    spoilers:
    RIP Mera, Kilowarg and Nightwing, Darkseid is......a dick
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 03-04-2020 at 07:16 PM.

I'd be disappointed if they completely end the universe here because I feel like they were just beginning to really realize the potential of it, but I guess I'm morbidly curious what they'll do next for Tucker's tenure.

I'm fine with Superman being the one who finally kills/beats Doomsday because he's the strongest superhero. You don't have to like it but that's the canon. I'm ok if Diana wins another battle if it's about who is the more skilled fighter or something on her league. Same with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Love how "staying true to the source material" is conveniently flexible when it makes a fan's favorite character look cool.

But how about this:

<long post about how this shared universe sucks because it leads to characters getting forced into stories they don't need to be in only to get made fools of>

"But Doomsday is the strongest and only Superman can beat him."

I tried to make a point about how this shared universes is a disservice to the majority of characters anchored to it, and you come at me with a Thermian argument.
    Also kind of further makes my point: if Superman is the only one "allowed" to beat Doomsday because the plot says so...leave the rest of the League out of it.
    I didn't find anything particularly convenient. However, in your long post, you specifically mentioned the league getting pounded and said "don't come at me" because they weren't there in the original story. I really didn't care about the rest of your post, but that bit I thought I'd comment on in case you (or anyone else reading your rant) had not known that the League was pounded by Doomsday a few years later. You're just mad because someone pointed out that a part of your post is categorically incorrect (i.e., the League has fought him sans Superman and got pounded). If you don't want part of a post to be commented on, then don't write it.

Have a good one.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Why do I get the feeling that's Dan taking one last shot at Dick before he leaves?

I kid, but I think I'm sitting this one out. I've never enjoyed stories where the point was to watch my favorite characters get maimed for shock value and this didn't sweeten it. I may cave and watch it, but as of right now, I'll check back in for Superman: Man of Tomorrow.

Opening with Nightwing, Mera and Kilowag dying horrifically is a pretty good way to absolve yourself of my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that's Dan taking one last shot at Dick before he leaves?

I kid, but I think I'm sitting this one out. I've never enjoyed stories where the point was to watch my favorite characters get maimed for shock value and this didn't sweeten it. I may cave and watch it, but as of right now, I'll check back in for Superman: Man of Tomorrow.

Opening with Nightwing, Mera and Kilowag dying horrifically is a pretty good way to absolve yourself of my money.
    spoilers:
    Hal doesn't fare much better.
    end of spoilers

I'd be more bothered by it if it wasn't clear they were going to reboot things to prevent this stuff from happening.

Well would you look at that, it’s a May release date. Specifically May 5th for Digital release and May 19th for DVD.

https://www.comicsbeat.com/apokolips...lease-details/
    Words to live by.