Page 46 of 156 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    With Justice League Dark Apokolips War coming out soon and it being stated to the last movie in this current continuity (based mostly on the New 52 DC era). I'd like to take a look back at all the movies and get everyone's impressions.

Justice League Flashpoint Paradox
    Justice League War
    Justice League Throne of Atlantis
    Son of Batman
    Batman vs Robin
    Batman Bad Blood
    Justice League Vs Teen Titans
    Teen Titans Judas Contract
    Justice League Dark
    Constantine City of Demons
    Suicide Squad Hell To Pay
    Death of Superman and Reign of the Supermen
    Wonder Woman Bloodlines
    Batman Hush
    Justice League Dark Apokolips War

Many of the above movies are adaptations of their comic book counterparts. A lot of them did a good job bringing the stories to life in a visual media. I enjoyed most of them. The only ones they left me cold and bored were Batman vs Robin (Court of Owls), Batman Bad Blood, Throne of Atlantis, and Justice League Dark.
    The Best:
    Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox
    Justice League Vs. Teen Titans
    Death of Superman
    Reign of the Supermen
    Wonder Woman: Bloodlines

and then the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think they've completely confirmed there will be no shared universe films moving forward, just that the ones involved with Tucker's continuity is ending.
    Hence me saying "or at least not this one." There could be a new continuity after this, but God I hope not. I'm tired with the shared animated universe crap. Just make good unconnected films please.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Hence me saying "or at least not this one." There could be a new continuity after this, but God I hope not. I'm tired with the shared animated universe crap. Just make good unconnected films please.
    I don't mind as long as the films are good .

Prolly still because of the live action movie tanking.
    Crazy to me that they’d still be going off that but it wouldn’t be surprising. The GL films sold well though, really damn well. There must be another reason. Maybe they had unreasonable expectations for them?
    I don't think they've completely confirmed there will be no shared universe films moving forward, just that the ones involved with Tucker's continuity is ending.

Bloodlines didn't sell well? That's disappointing .

I would've liked to have seen a solo film with Christopher Gorham's Flash. He never got much to do but he was a good Barry.

I mean, Batman was on the team for optics, plain and simple.

I think it may have been planned or in very early production before getting canceled.
    https://m.the-numbers.com/movie/Wond...loodlines#more Yeah Bloodlines didn’t do that great. It’s kind of understandable though, these films can’t compare to the live action film.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Maybe someone is keep GL out of media. GL was slated for the Arrowverse for years, Snyder's JL and had a pretty decent show on CN before it was cancelled (along with YJ and Beware the Batman). Other characters are getting massive exposure, but it seems GL is the one one being singled out to limit his appearance. Perhaps to make a big splash with the GL Corps movie Geoff Johns wants to do or the presumed HBO Max GL plans.

Give us Hal, Guy, John and Kyle. They've been gone for awhile. Bring Carol, Ganthet and Sinestro. Good mates of ours, don't you know.

Maybe someone is keep GL out of media. GL was slated for the Arrowverse for years, Snyder's JL and had a pretty decent show on CN before it was cancelled (along with YJ and Beware the Batman). Other characters are getting massive exposure, but it seems GL is the one one being singled out to limit his appearance. Perhaps to make a big splash with the GL Corps movie Geoff Johns wants to do or the presumed HBO Max GL plans.

Give us Hal, Guy, John and Kyle. They've been gone for awhile. Bring Carol, Ganthet and Sinestro. Good mates of ours, don't you know.
    I think Guggenheim was pretty open about the fact that they could only tease GL and didn't have a serious shot at actually getting to use the character.

I think Guggenheim was pretty open about the fact that they could only tease GL and didn't have a serious shot at actually getting to use the character.
    Which is weird because WB is letting the Flash TV series keep going despite planning a Flash movie. So I don’t get what the hang up is. They’re clearly more open to multiple versions of the same character existing.

I don't mind as long as the films are good .
    Yeah, but after this shared universe it's easier to believe there's a better chance for them to be good without being in continuity with one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Crazy to me that they’d still be going off that but it wouldn’t be surprising. The GL films sold well though, really damn well. There must be another reason. Maybe they had unreasonable expectations for them?
    No - as "really damn well" as the animated films did, the real money is in live action. WB probably started thinking "Why waste money making animated films for a character who will never see a live action film again this decade?"

It never mattered how profitable the animated GL films were, once the live action film blew it WB closed its heart to anyone wearing a green ring and gave the property the cold shoulder.

No one is keeping GL out of the media. The lack of animated films was probably a knee-jerk reaction to the live action film tanking. The GL cartoon was definitely cancelled because of the GL film - stores refused to carry the cartoon's toys because the film's toys didn't sell. Because of that, the toy sales for the cartoon sucked, and so it was cancelled (never mind CN's odd hatred of serious DC action cartoons). So the live action film probably killed any future animated film, and definitely killed the cartoon. As for the CW, it's probably just trying to do the GL special effects justice with their budget and fitting a story in one of their shows making it take so long, and I'm not going to bother speculating on Snyder's JL.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Which is weird because WB is letting the Flash TV series keep going despite planning a Flash movie. So I don’t get what the hang up is. They’re clearly more open to multiple versions of the same character existing.
    Flash is kind of the exception rather than the rule. We got Batwoman because Batman is saved for the movies, we got Supergirl because Superman was saved for the movies, and we're getting Superman because he's no longer deemed movie-worthy by WB. Meanwhile, the Flash movie has been continually pushed back and delayed, meaning the Flash show could be cancelled or come to a natural end by the time the movie happens. So not that weird, and they're not that open to multiple versions of characters existing. At least not yet.

I think WB just kind of crossed their wires on The Flash. But their embargoes can be pretty ridiculous (Ted Kord has been off-limits for how many years without anything to show for it?).
    Yeah, but after this shared universe it's easier to believe there's a better chance for them to be good without being in continuity with one another.
    I don't think the shared universe aspect really matters one way or another quality-wise. It's all about the story and the creative team.

I think WB just kind of crossed their wires on The Flash. But their embargoes can be pretty ridiculous (Ted Kord has been off-limits for how many years without anything to show for it?).

I don't think the shared universe aspect really matters one way or another quality-wise. It's all about the story and the creative team.
    I don't know about that - the same team that gave us some great out of continuity movies also gave us a mostly terrible shared film universe...

I don't know about that - the same team that gave us some great out of continuity movies also gave us a mostly terrible shared film universe...
    Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on the "mostly terrible shared film universe" aspect, but considering they were also able to deliver great in-continuity movies I think it's better to just look at it from a movie to movie basis then just ascribe all the problems to the continuity aspect.

It’s Hal, John and Jessica. The others won’t really get any shine to be honest and I’m ok with that since those 3 are the best GL’s anyway.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I think Sinestro Corps. War and Blackest Night are probably two of the biggest DC storylines they've never adapted. I believe they've mentioned the potential for the former at some point.