Page 47 of 155 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Sinestro Corps. War and Blackest Night are probably two of the biggest DC storylines they've never adapted. I believe they've mentioned the potential for the former at some point.
    Aside from WB’s GL hangups, animating those would be a huge endeavor. Those are goddamn events in the truest sense of the word. Obviously a lot would need to cut to fit into the time limit, SCW won’t have Anti-Montor or SBP I can tell you that right now, but Blackest Night I think is something that could only happen in a shared universe. You need the history and the continuity to make it work. We need to see the heroes die and have them stay dead for a while before BN happens for it to matter.

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on the "mostly terrible shared film universe" aspect, but considering they were also able to deliver great in-continuity movies I think it's better to just look at it from a movie to movie basis then just ascribe all the problems to the continuity aspect.
    I only thought one in continuity movie was close to great myself. But can agree to disagree!

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

They could do Trinity War and Forever Evil movies easily enough. They'd have to created an ARGUS JL and make each film 90 minutes long, but it could be done. Sinestro Corps War can be done as two movies as well.
    Something like Blackest Night is too ambitious given the size and scope of all the Lantern Corps and Earth Heroes. Unless they wanted to water it down and make it Just about the 7 main Lanterns vs Black Hand/Nekron. Remove Black Lanterns of people being dead and instead go with generic shadow constructs, or have the black rings affect the living (ignoring whether they had previously died or not like in the comic). Now that could work. Make it a two parter and you've got electric dynamite.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    It’s Hal, John and Jessica. The others won’t really get any shine to be honest and I’m ok with that since those 3 are the best GL’s anyway.
    Guy is best GL, everyone knows that.
    Well, best human GL.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Aside from WB’s GL hangups, animating those would be a huge endeavor. Those are goddamn events in the truest sense of the word. Obviously a lot would need to cut to fit into the time limit, SCW won’t have Anti-Montor or SBP I can tell you that right now, but Blackest Night I think is something that could only happen in a shared universe. You need the history and the continuity to make it work. We need to see the heroes die and have them stay dead for a while before BN happens for it to matter.
    Yeah, and the in-continuity movies have seen a lot of people die .

Has anyone else noticed that Nightwing gets frequently "jobbed" in all the DC movies? Either damaged shoulder, sprained leg, poisoned, beat up by Damian, or some other manner of injury. The first Robin and the one hyped to replace Batman is treated like a chump, rather than a champ.

What's the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that Nightwing gets frequently "jobbed" in all the DC movies? Either damaged shoulder, sprained leg, poisoned, beat up by Damian, or some other manner of injury. The first Robin and the one hyped to replace Batman is treated like a chump, rather than a champ.

What's the deal?
    It can't be BatGod so it has to be Dick by default.

What's the deal?
    I think him jobbing is a bit of an over exaggeration. Dick usually at least accomplishes something or gets some kind of win most of the time in my opinion.

Like, getting beat up by Damian? He won that fight.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It can't be BatGod so it has to be Dick by default.
    They also had a half-in, half-out approach h to the Batfamily keeping them from having any other Robins or Batfamily members between Dick and Damian, before suddenly trying to shove the family in afterwards.

Jason, Tim, Jean Paul, etc., could have played a part as jobbers occasionally as well as just being an immediate improvement on the Animated Universe.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    They also had a half-in, half-out approach h to the Batfamily keeping them from having any other Robins or Batfamily members between Dick and Damian, before suddenly trying to shove the family in afterwards.

Jason, Tim, Jean Paul, etc., could have played a part as jobbers occasionally as well as just being an immediate improvement on the Animated Universe.
    Considering how over-stuffed Bad Blood was, I don't think throwing in more Batfamily would have improved things that much.

Although if we had gotten just Babs and the other Robins we may never have gotten to see Batwoman or Batwing in the spotlight, so...

I think him jobbing is a bit of an over exaggeration. Dick usually at least accomplishes something or gets some kind of win most of the time in my opinion.

Like, getting beat up by Damian? He won that fight.
    Dick definitely displayed his dominance, no question. How the writers/producers/director decided to have Damian headbutt, crotch shot and then kick Dick off the platform they were fight on was the slap to Nightwing fans. They put no respect on his name. Granted, Batman vs Robin was about Damian's wild and combative nature being used against the Batfam and even against himself (manipulated by Talon).

I did like that Dick stepped up and was a leader in Judas Contact. I forget everything that happened in Bad Blood, outside of it being overstuffed. Having Scarecrow get the best of Dick in Hush is what got be thinking about his portrayal's in these movies.

Why can't they say Under The Red Hood is canon to these movies and bring back Jason? Show Dick how it's done.

Why can't they say Under The Red Hood is canon to these movies and bring back Jason? Show Dick how it's done.
    They didn't have room for Jason...

They didn't have room for Jason...
    A true shame. It's cool that Tim has YJ and Dick had the 2000s TT series to increase their exposure. Damian has the DCAU movies to boost his star power.

Where can we put Jason?

A true shame. It's cool that Tim has YJ and Dick had the 2000s TT series to increase their exposure. Damian has the DCAU movies to boost his star power.
    I don't know if YJ has really done much for Tim. It's been two seasons but aside from maybe the first half of season 2 the show has barely done anything with him.

Under the Red Hood
    is one of the most popular animated Batman films, and Jason is also on Titans, so he's not completely devoid of strong media representation.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Is there a box set (bluray maybe) fur JL/JLU. I love the BTAS collection and NEED more JL