Page 51 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Welp....

This has to be one of the most meta ending to any superhero movie I've seen outside of a Deadpool film. This is probably the best ending you could craft for this shambling mound of a half-baked piece of corporate synergy that took its cues from a failed comics reboot that overstayed its welcome more than 5 years ago.

I'm glad they tried to highlight the stuff that genuine fans of this animated continuity liked about it, namely Raven & Damian shipping, Harley & Constantine being insufferable, Xena Warrior Princess Wonder Woman, and the hastily course-corrected Superman & Lois from the Death & Return of Superman. Frankly, everyone else was simply there to be canon fodder for this fever dream of what I can only assume a 13 year old edgelord thinks is kewl.

I'm clearly not the target audience for these films. I'll take the delightfully goofy and funny Teen Titans Go movies over these flop-sweat attempts to pander to whomever they thought these films were aimed at.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Welp....

This has to be one of the most meta ending to any superhero movie I've seen outside of a Deadpool film. This is probably the best ending you could craft for this shambling mound of a half-baked piece of corporate synergy that took its cues from a failed comics reboot that overstayed its welcome more than 5 years ago.

I'm glad they tried to highlight the stuff that genuine fans of this animated continuity liked about it, namely Raven & Damian shipping, Harley & Constantine being insufferable, Xena Warrior Princess Wonder Woman, and the hastily course-corrected Superman & Lois from the Death & Return of Superman. Frankly, everyone else was simply there to be canon fodder for this fever dream of what I can only assume a 13 year old edgelord thinks is kewl.

I'm clearly not the target audience for these films. I'll take the delightfully goofy and funny Teen Titans Go movies over these flop-sweat attempts to pander to whomever they thought these films were aimed at.

People are never going to let go of just the initial movies being based around the New 52...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    There's a place for both. I wouldn't want DC Animation to be summed up by stuff like TTG! when it can and has been so much more then that.

Mighty Member

Anyone else just shrug at this big finale?

I mean, I appreciate the action, but the movie is so depressing that I just need to shrug.

The entire movie is kind of a shrug. "Well, this franchise is ending so we might as well kill everyone."

I still haven't watched it so I don't have an opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    People are never going to let go of just the initial movies being based around the New 52...
    Yeah War and Throne of Atlantis were the only JL material that as adapted. I thought ToA was liked so its odd seeing new 52 still being used as criticism.
    Last edited by MosSuperman; 05-05-2020 at 09:50 PM.

This movie left me very depressed. I don't know if its the current state fo the world and my personal life/family played a role (it probably did), but I'll just say this movie didn't do me any favors.

I also disagree on some peoples takes about the ending.

Fortunately, I'm not as invested in this universe as some. I thought it had potential but never fully lived up to it.
    The J-man

I think the Earth One books would lend themselves more to live-action adaptions then animation, personally.

Well, except for Wonder Woman with how trippy, complicated, and bright that book gets .
    Snyder’s Man of Steel borrowed from Superman Earth One, in that an alien invasion is what forces Clark to become Superman.

Spectacular Member

Now that Apokolips War concludes the N52 movie verse, I wonder what's next for the future movies.

Man of Tomorrow looks to be a stand-alone. I assume the 2 part Last Halloween will probably also be a stand-alone, assuming that’s indeed in the pipeline. I don’t know if they’ll do another animated universe.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

There's a place for both. I wouldn't want DC Animation to be summed up by stuff like TTG! when it can and has been so much more then that.
    It's not an either or situation for me either. My point is that Teen Titans Go is successful at what it's trying to accomplish, whereas this attempt at a shared continuity failed from the get go because it was based upon a shoddy foundation based not upon creative choices, but corporate mandates.

Mighty Member

Actually I would have loved to see a lot more of CONNER KENT...this character had a lot of potential and only got 1 big movie and 2 small movie appearances.
    Its a shame, because in "Reign of Supermen" he was actually the one who was the actual star of the movie and made it entertaining.

According to sources he was also (unlike his comic counterpart) very smart and I would have loved to see a Solo-Movie or at least another TT Movie with him.

I already HATE!!!! that I am sure that if another Movie will come out he will be for sure be replaced by Jon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The entire movie is kind of a shrug. "Well, this franchise is ending so we might as well kill everyone."
    War is in the title not everyone was going to survive

Astonishing Member

I would wager that if there’s another animated universe, odds are the focus would be maybe on animated shows with the odd movie here or there