Page 59 of 153 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

I haven't seen the movie, but no matter it's faults, this scene is pure gold:

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

It's always nice to see the first lady of action comics take a crack at fisty cuff. Aside from that, the exchange between boomerang and constantine is damn hilarious.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I liked seeing Lois get her hands dirty, but that kind of scene takes me out of the story a bit. The world is ending and Lois Lane is fistfighting Harley Quinn in order to convince the world's most dangerous supervillains that they should help destroy an evil intergalactic diety. Lots of tonal clashes in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I liked seeing Lois get her hands dirty, but that kind of scene takes me out of the story a bit. The world is ending and Lois Lane is fistfighting Harley Quinn in order to convince the world's most dangerous supervillains that they should help destroy an evil intergalactic diety. Lots of tonal clashes in this.
    I don't really see a massive tonal disconnect, it seems kind of expected in this genre.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I don't really see a massive tonal disconnect, it seems kind of expected in this genre.
    I think that kind of thing is probably pretty common for the animated side, it's true, and not totally uncommon in main comic book titles, but I'd probably raise an eyebrow if a writer inserted that kind of scene in a serious company-wide crossover event. But it's a different medium and a different audience.

BANNED

Idk it’s cool to see Harley Quinn and Lois Lane fight I guess, but in a boxing match with Superman at the sidelines saying “do your best honey!” ? that would fit much better in a light hearted more silver age style show. Just my opinion

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Idk it’s cool to see Harley Quinn and Lois Lane fight I guess, but in a boxing match with Superman at the sidelines saying “do your best honey!” ? that would fit much better in a light hearted more silver age style show. Just my opinion
    Not really, Many action movies have these kinda things with the hard core stuff. I don't understand the issue.We are past the comics code nonsense.

Which this movie is not and had no intention of ever being.

It feels in-character for Superman so it doesn't take me out of it, just like with the Constantine/Boomernag @$%&ing match.

The next Bruce Timm-helmed animated film is apparently Batman: Soul of The Dragon set for release Spring 2021.

In this new version of Batman, his Martial Arts training becomes the focus. The film will reportedly center around Batman, Bronze Tiger, Lady Shiva, and Richard Dragon as we learn they all share a common acquaintance. The Martial Arts Master that trained not only Batman but this set of rouges has been missing for a number of years and under mysterious circumstances. When a cursed relic resurfaces the mystery of their dead master re-opens and Batman and his former classmates face-off in the ultimate test of their Martial Arts kills to gain control of this dangerous relic.

Sounds cool. Is it part of their usual DTV line like the recently ended shared universe and Gotham by Gaslight, Red Son, and other films are? Or is it like Batman vs TMNT or that Mortal Kombat movie recently?

Anyways, the premise sounds fun. A more martial Arts focused Batman film can be cool, and I expect the fight scenes to be awesome.

If it's Bruce Timm helmed, we looking at a DCAU film again like Batman and Harley or JL vs the Fatal Five?

Huh, feels little out of left field for Timm. Haven't really cared for the ones he's helmed since Gods and Monsters so I'll have to hear reviews on this before checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Sounds cool. Is it part of their usual DTV line like the recently ended shared universe and Gotham by Gaslight, Red Son, and other films are? Or is it like Batman vs TMNT or that Mortal Kombat movie recently?

Anyways, the premise sounds fun. A more martial Arts focused Batman film can be cool, and I expect the fight scenes to be awesome.

If it's Bruce Timm helmed, we looking at a DCAU film again like Batman and Harley or JL vs the Fatal Five?
    It's probably going to be part of the DC Animated Feature line. Timm hasn't done anything DC related outside that line of DTV's.

I don't know if it will be DCAU-based. None of the characters involved have shown up in the DCAU proper but Timm hasn't exclusively done DCAU films since he left, so...

It's probably going to be part of the DC Animated Feature line. Timm hasn't done anything DC related outside that line of DTV's.

I don't know if it will be DCAU-based. None of the characters involved have shown up in the DCAU proper but Timm hasn't exclusively done DCAU films since he left, so...
    Makes sense and thanks.

Interesting, that’s not The Long Halloween movie I expected.