Page 60 of 154 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Interesting, that’s not The Long Halloween movie I expected.
    There's usually 3-4 movies per year, although even I would raise an eyebrow at 3 Batman movies in one year (Long Halloween is supposedly a two-parter) unless they do like Death/Reign where part 2 isn't released until 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There's usually 3-4 movies per year, although even I would raise an eyebrow at 3 Batman movies in one year (Long Halloween is supposedly a two-parter) unless they do like Death/Reign where part 2 isn't released until 2022.
    Yeah I could see that, but this year they did kinda put Batman on the back burner, so if they wanna focus on him next year I’m cool with it.

Yeah I could see that, but this year they did kinda put Batman on the back burner, so if they wanna focus on him next year I’m cool with it.
    I guess if this year was the year of Superman, next year might be the year of Batman.

I guess if this year was the year of Superman, next year might be the year of Batman.
    Lol isn’t it always the Year of Batman? I hope DC does a better job with WW’s anniversary than they did last time, her 75th was weak compared to Bats and Supes.

Lol isn’t it always the Year of Batman? I hope DC does a better job with WW’s anniversary than they did last time, her 75th was weak compared to Bats and Supes.
    Is that next year or 2022?

I wouldn't say that, he usually gets one movie a year at least, which is more than most, but I can see how it may feel that way considering recent years. 2018 was definitely a big year, with a Scooby Doo crossover, Batman Ninja, and Gotham by Gaslight. And 2019 was also a good year, with the TMNT crossover, that Lego movie Family Matters, and Hush. But this year he only has the Death in the Family short this fall/winter.

Yes! Just what we need, more Batman! Because there isn’t enough of him and his family out there already. I’m so over DC and their over reliance on Gotham characters!

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Yes! Just what we need, more Batman! Because there isn’t enough of him and his family out there already. I’m so over DC and their over reliance on Gotham characters!
    I mean, it's one movie announcement. Not like they just dropped five Batman movie announcements for the next year and nobody else gets any. Superman has had a bunch of movies recently with another one coming up, Teen Titans have had several (including Teen Titans GO movies), we keep getting Justice League movies, Shazam just got a Lego movie (that on disk yet?), Wonder Woman had one last year. Yes Batman has more than others, and will probably always have at least one project a year. But we know this, it isn't news. Batman sells. But after getting quite a few not-Batman movies recently, why the anger over one movie announcement?

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    It's only one at the moment but yeah between this, the rumors of the Long Halloween adaptation, rumors over the new Batman video game and Injustice 3. Not much in the long-term to look forward to for non-Batman DC media coming up.

Is that next year or 2022?
    Next year it looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It's only one at the moment but yeah between this, the rumors of the Long Halloween adaptation, rumors over the new Batman video game and Injustice 3. Not much in the long-term to look forward to for non-Batman DC media coming up.
    Yeah Bats usually gets a huge amount of focus even in team-ups because the creators love him the most. So he’s the star of the Injustice games, he's the only one with a solo video game series, and he gets lot’s of other media besides that. Like I said, I don’t mind him getting the focus next year on the animation side, just wish video game wise they would branch out beyond Bats. It’s ridiculous that they haven’t done anything with any of their other characters and are letting Marvel beat them to the punch in yet another medium.
    Last edited by Vordan; 06-11-2020 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    There is a new Superman coming soon. And I imagine at least 1 if not 2 not Batman films planned for next year that'll be announced at that virtual event.

Don't forget, it may be a Batman movie but we are getting some DC martial arts characters we usually don't see much of in these movies. Shiva has had two barely there non-speaking rolls, Bronze Tiger one Suicide Squad movie, and Richard Dragon hasn't appeared that I'm aware. So we're getting some characters who we typically don't see.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Don't forget, it may be a Batman movie but we are getting some DC martial arts characters we usually don't see much of in these movies. Shiva has had two barely there non-speaking rolls, Bronze Tiger one Suicide Squad movie, and Richard Dragon hasn't appeared that I'm aware. So we're getting some characters who we typically don't see.
    Yeah, I'm excited at the prospect of finally seeing Shiva cut loose in animation .
    Yeah Bats usually gets a huge amount of focus even in team-ups because the creators love him the most. So he’s the star of the Injustice games, he's the only one with a solo video game series, and he gets lot’s of other media besides that. Like I said, I don’t mind him getting the focus next year on the animation side, just wish video game wise they would branch out beyond Bats. It’s ridiculous that they haven’t done anything with any of their other characters and are letting Marvel beat them to the punch in yet another medium.
    Slightly off-topic, but I still don't know what to think about that Avengers game.

Next year it looks like.

Yeah, especially since a lot of non-Batman IP have finally been finally having success in the movies (Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam) and TV (Green Arrow, The Flash).
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    There is a new Superman coming soon. And I imagine at least 1 if not 2 not Batman films planned for next year that'll be announced at that virtual event.
    Guess we'll have to see. Though like you say in another post, at least this movie will showcase some characters who wouldn't get a looking otherwise.

Yeah, I'm excited at the prospect of finally seeing Shiva cut loose in animation .

Slightly off-topic, but I still don't know what to think about that Avengers game.
    Avengers looks insanely mediocre but as long as it’s halfway decent it will sell.