Page 61 of 156 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

I'm 100% fine with getting one solo Batman title a year. What I didn't like in years past was when we'd get one Batman solo, and then the accompanying group/JL movie heavily featured Batman, too.

Extraordinary Member

Well, personally, I could go without a Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Titans, or Justice League movie for a couple of years. I doubt WB would though. I would love to see DC's other, mostly or entirely unused in animation properties.
    Last edited by achilles; 06-12-2020 at 05:56 AM.

Which movie is Lady Shiva going to show up in?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Avengers looks insanely mediocre but as long as it’s halfway decent it will sell.
    Visually even though they've improved a lot of it it's just not exciting me too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I'm 100% fine with getting one solo Batman title a year. What I didn't like in years past was when we'd get one Batman solo, and then the accompanying group/JL movie heavily featured Batman, too.
    What about potentially three solo Batman movies ?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Which movie is Lady Shiva going to show up in?
    Upcoming? Supposedly the Batman: Soul of The Dragon film.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Well, personally, I could go without a Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Titans, or Justice League movie for a couple of years. I doubt WB would though. I would love to see DC's other, mostly or entirely unused in animation properties.
    Who is left that could even support a movie? I mean maybe Shazam or Birds of Prey, but I honestly don't see a JSA doing well enough to have WB pushing the brakes on it quick, never mind even more obscure characters...

Spectacular Member

I'm expecting some amazing fight choreography in the movie. I hope Cassandra Cain, and David Cain show up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Who is left that could even support a movie? I mean maybe Shazam or Birds of Prey, but I honestly don't see a JSA doing well enough to have WB pushing the brakes on it quick, never mind even more obscure characters...
    Definitely Suicide Squad since they’ve had two already. Though I don’t get why Wonder Woman, Titans, or Green Lantern were listed but not the Squad since they all have the same number of animated films under their belt. Why list Flash when he hasn’t had a single one, unless Flashpoint counts? I get listing Batman, Superman and Justice League though.

Anyway outside of them, I could see a Shazam one with Black Adam and his family, Green Arrow/Black Canary, The Hawks, or Doom Patrol animated film doing decent numbers.Not sure if Legion of Superheroes or JSA could support one yet.

They tried to branch out before with Green Lantern and it didn't do so hot. It seems for the foreseeable future they're sticking with "names" like the Trinity, Justice League or Titans.

Though given how insanely successful the Aquaman live-action film was I'm surprised they didn't do an animated movie with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Definitely Suicide Squad since they’ve had two already. Though I don’t get why Wonder Woman, Titans, or Green Lantern were listed but not the Squad since they all have the same number of animated films under their belt. Why list Flash when he hasn’t had a single one, unless Flashpoint counts? I get listing Batman, Superman and Justice League though.

Anyway outside of them, I could see a Shazam one with Black Adam and his family, Green Arrow/Black Canary, The Hawks, or Doom Patrol animated film doing decent numbers.Not sure if Legion of Superheroes or JSA could support one yet.
    I don't know - the Doom Patrol show is popular, but would that translate to a different version is a toss up. The Hawks I'm also a bit unsure on. Maybe test the waters with one if those short films?

Quote Originally Posted by saiyan_earthling View Post
    I'm expecting some amazing fight choreography in the movie. I hope Cassandra Cain, and David Cain show up as well.
    You already have Shiva, Tiger, and Richard along with Batman, don't want to bloat the cast or add too many subplots.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    They tried to branch out before with Green Lantern and it didn't do so hot. It seems for the foreseeable future they're sticking with "names" like the Trinity, Justice League or Titans.

Though given how insanely successful the Aquaman live-action film was I'm surprised they didn't do an animated movie with him.
    I think the GL films did well enough but the movie tanked everything GL-related media-wise.

Considering how long it took them to release Bloodlines after the Wonder Woman movie came out, I think an Aquaman movie is more "when" than "if."
    You already have Shiva, Tiger, and Richard along with Batman, don't want to bloat the cast or add too many subplots.
    Yeah, I'd love to see Cass show up but I'm not sure if they want to go into all of that with Shiva.

Was Timm the one who added cringey sexuality in the Harley Quinn movie and Killing Joke? I'm no prude, but the way it was done in those films was just embarrassing. The only times I felt bad being an adult who watches superhero cartoons.

Spectacular Member

They could at least make a teaser appearance at the very end, or post credits

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Was Timm the one who added cringey sexuality in the Harley Quinn movie and Killing Joke? I'm no prude, but the way it was done in those films was just embarrassing. The only times I felt bad being an adult who watches superhero cartoons.
    It would have probably been on Timm in Batman and Harley Quinn but Azzarello probably didn't help with Killing Joke.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Timm in both cases probably, though Azzarello probably shares blame when it comes to The Killing Joke.