Page 70 of 153 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2281

I wanna see them do a 1930s period piece just so the trunks could be explained away. They were a reference to circus strongmen which was still a thing when Superman debuted.

Honestly the trunks are a moot point and more of a nitpick to me.

I mean, it's negligible to me. Batman and Superman were pulling off trunks long after it stopped being cool or fashionable so I'd just leave it up to the design aesthetic of the individual production.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yeah, but he was raised in Kansas. The Kents obviously failed on the basic lesson that underwear goes inside the pants.
    They're not underpants. It's for modesty - those tights are very very tight and the trunks have a little more room so he's not being indecent with his bulge. (you can see from almost all artist renderings the trunks are a looser material) I don't see why people don't get that.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    They're not underpants. It's for modesty - those tights are very very tight and the trunks have a little more room so he's not being indecent with his bulge. (you can see from almost all artist renderings the trunks are a looser material) I don't see why people don't get that.
    Honestly, that should be the handwave they go with next time it gets brought up: Clark has a huge member so Martha made him wear trunks to hide it. Same with Bruce (Alfred made him do it). Then every other male hero learns about it and starts wearing trunks on the outside or something equivalent to that like an extra layering underneath. Hal, Ollie, Arthur, Carter, Ray, Ralph, Ted and Booster all did it and it became a running joke among all the female heroes. Only Barry Allen didn't have this insecurity or rather he was oblivious to it while more level headed Leaguers like Captain Atom, Martian Manhunter and John Stewart just face palmed at the antics of their fellow Leaguers.

I'm getting some Batman: Damned flashbacks .

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I wanna see them do a 1930s period piece just so the trunks could be explained away. They were a reference to circus strongmen which was still a thing when Superman debuted.

Honestly the trunks are a moot point and more of a nitpick to me.
    Superman Smashes the Klan. That's the period movie they should do.
    The answer to modesty is don't wear such form hugging tights. There's trunks-less versions that ditch them just fine, by ditching the tight tights.

And to most of the world, it looks like underwear outside the pants. It's easier to change the outdated look than the world.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Honestly, that should be the handwave they go with next time it gets brought up: Clark has a huge member so Martha made him wear trunks to hide it. Same with Bruce (Alfred made him do it). Then every other male hero learns about it and starts wearing trunks on the outside or something equivalent to that like an extra layering underneath. Hal, Ollie, Arthur, Carter, Ray, Ralph, Ted and Booster all did it and it became a running joke among all the female heroes. Only Barry Allen didn't have this insecurity or rather he was oblivious to it while more level headed Leaguers like Captain Atom, Martian Manhunter and John Stewart just face palmed at the antics of their fellow Leaguers.
    If we're going the comedy route, I'd go in the opposite direction. Incontinence is a plague on the male superhero population so they're all forced to wear adult diapers. Only The Flash can hold it in (because he can run to any bathroom in the world in a second).

https://twitter.com/SuperPRGuy/statu...51581542731777

Looks like The Long Halloween and a JSA movie set in WW2 are coming next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

!!!!

Yes, please.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

All of that sounds great. Wonder if they try to put Wonder Woman in the JSA film.

I predicted correctly a Two Batman films, and a team up film. We’re getting 3 Batman films and a team up (that’ll likely focus on Batman). Never change DC, never change

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

jsa?

jsa?

heavy breathing.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    I predicted correctly a Two Batman films, and a team up film. We’re getting 3 Batman films and a team up (that’ll likely focus on Batman). Never change DC, never change
    Since 2019 we got 4 Superman movies and a Wonder Woman movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Since 2019 we got 4 Superman movies and a Wonder Woman movie.
    Batman was included in 3 of those non Batman films btw

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    jsa?

jsa?

heavy breathing.
    I'm happy to see the JSA finally getting their due though I suspect it will be in part used as a Wonder Woman vehicle.