Page 71 of 152 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2280

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm happy to see the JSA finally getting their due though I suspect it will be in part used as a Wonder Woman vehicle.
    I'm fine with that. It's weird WB hasn't done more with her or Aquaman on the animation front when they became the biggest hits of the DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Batman was included in 3 of those non Batman films btw
    With the rest of the League. He wasn't the star or focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    With the rest of the League. He wasn't the star or focus.
    Still included. Guess that is the future of DC, Batman and his characters in everything. Oh well. Guess it’s time to abandon DC entirely. I’m not into that and the X-Men are calling my name.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Still included. Guess that is the future of DC, Batman and his characters in everything. Oh well. Guess it’s time to abandon DC entirely. I’m not into that and the X-Men are calling my name.
    Hal Jordan was also included, just as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I'm fine with that. It's weird WB hasn't done more with her or Aquaman on the animation front when they became the biggest hits of the DCEU.
    None of Wonder Woman's solo animated films have sold all that well. I think this is an attempt at giving her her own film through the use of another IP.

Aquaman has an HBOMax animated series coming out and got his own Lego film to tie-in to the movie. I think he'll get his own Animated Feature eventually, but it's always a struggle getting a non Batman/Superman IP their own film.

Ultimate Member

None of Wonder Woman's solo animated films have sold all that well. I think this is an attempt at giving her her own film through the use of another IP.

Aquaman has an HBOMax animated series coming out and got his own Lego film to tie-in to the movie. I think he'll get his own Animated Feature eventually, but it's always a struggle getting a non Batman/Superman IP their own film.
    Well part of the issue has been knowing or FINDING those films in stores.

Pretty much an issue with all of those recent films. I go to Target or Wal-Mart and MIGHT be lucky to see it displayed when it comes out with the other new stuff. A lot of times its not.
    It's in the back with the other dvds as if it was never a new release.

Same issue with Titans and Doom Patrol-some stores have them and others don't.

I think she would do better if those films came out the same time as her movies and placed with the toy displays. She has one to herself for the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    jsa?

jsa?

heavy breathing.
    Hell yes!!!!! It’s about damn time DC did something with the JSA!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I mean that's true but is the JSA really anymore a well-known IP than Wonder Woman that it would a boost?
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well part of the issue has been knowing or FINDING those films in stores.

Pretty much an issue with all of those recent films. I go to Target or Wal-Mart and MIGHT be lucky to see it displayed when it comes out with the other new stuff. A lot of times its not.
    It's in the back with the other dvds as if it was never a new release.

Same issue with Titans and Doom Patrol-some stores have them and others don't.

I think she would do better if those films came out the same time as her movies and placed with the toy displays. She has one to herself for the new one.
    That was original plan I recall for Bloodlines when the movie was supposed to release back in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I mean that's true but is the JSA really anymore a well-known IP than Wonder Woman that it would a boost?
    It's getting a promotion boost thanks to Stargirl and Black Adam. Maybe it's not a name brand yet but it gives them a means of putting Wonder Woman in a leading role even if they can't get another solo film approved.

Astonishing Member

It's getting a promotion boost thanks to Stargirl and Black Adam. Maybe it's not a name brand yet but it gives them a means of putting Wonder Woman in a leading role even if they can't get another solo film approved.
    Stargirl has a dead JSA and an adolescent JSA. I don't know if this is really a promotion.

I also have to wonder how many of the JSA are going to survive Black Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Stargirl has a dead JSA and an adolescent JSA. I don't know if this is really a promotion.

I also have to wonder how many of the JSA are going to survive Black Adam.
    It's still a good spotlight for the Justice Society, especially with all the positive reception to the show.

There's only four members of the JSA in the movie, I kind of doubt they're going to kill any of them off.

It's still a good spotlight for the Justice Society, especially with all the positive reception to the show.

There's only four members of the JSA in the movie, I kind of doubt they're going to kill any of them off.
    Plus it’s the Rock, I seriously doubt it’s going to be that dark and have him kill a bunch of people.

Yass, JSA! Wouldn't be surprised if it leads to a live action period piece. Justice League movie failed, it makes sense to try the other team with justice in the name (and they can even still use Gal Gadot).

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    https://twitter.com/SuperPRGuy/statu...51581542731777

Looks like The Long Halloween and a JSA movie set in WW2 are coming next year.
    Hyped for the JSA period piece!

Another Batman story animated as a two parter....

Somewhere:
    Green Lantern - Blackest Night two-parter
    Flash - Manpul's art inspired Brightest Day (with Hot-Pursuit Barry) or first arc of New 52 Rogue's story
    Wonder Woman - New 52 Azzarello Gods of Olympus and WW Odyssey
    Aquaman - JLA Obsidian Age with Arion and how the kingdom sank.
    Hawman - Hawkworld or Shadow War
    Teen Titans - Blackfire Invasion
    Justice League - Trinity War/Forever Evil two-parter
    Justice League International - Generation Lost
    Suicide Squad - Task Force X vs Rocket Red Brigade or Joker's Wild with the Royal Flush Gang
    Legion of Superheroes - Great Darkness Saga with Superboy- Have Brainiac 5 reference records (previous animated adaptations) of Darkseid's attempts to conquer the universe in Superman's time.

Are clawing at the door to be let in and be seen. Never change WB.
    *sigh*
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 08-26-2020 at 06:31 AM.

Incredible Member

What a surprise three of the four animated films next year are featuring Batman. DC really doesn’t have a lot of faith in the trinity do especially Wonder Woman for animated features.