Page 74 of 156 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2328
    Mighty Member

I'd think it's a little much to say it's been saturated with Superman and Batman. They are long founding members of the JL and deserve to be featured in some of the movies. But we've gotten a few JL movies, JL Dark and Flashpoint and Suicide Squad and a couple Green Lantern movies. I think going forward we'll see more variety as well. The JSA WWII movie looks great. I think Aquaman Death of a Prince would be a good entry too.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    The JSA WWII movie looks great.
    How can you tell it looks great? We've literally seen nothing from it to the best of my knowledge. We know it's a JSA movie set during WW2. We have no plot synopsis, no still screen, no sneak peek, no trailer or preview. I mean there's nothing wrong with being optimistic, but it's a little too premature to be calling it great.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I finally caught up with WW Bloodlines. It was okay. It took awhile to get going but the ending battle and finale were solid. The twist I saw coming a mile away. Bloodlines really fell into the Hush trap IMO. With the animation studio cramming as much lore and as many charcters into the story. Not a bad movie but there are better Diana stories out there.

I almost missed the after-credits scene that revealed the twist. Bad form. Since it resolves the plot thread of Dr. Cyber and teases a sequel that's never getting made.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 09-02-2020 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    New topic:

Since DC's animated products are SUPER saturated with Batman and Superman properties. What are some titles you would like to see DC give the movie or series treatment?
    Blue Beetle- I want a Jaime Reyes movie, can be an origin movie if it wants to be or the story of him working with Ted Kord from Rebirth.

The Terrifics-there series just ended but it shouldn’t end there, I say we try to get a team formation film with them exploring the Dark Multiverse or just multiverse.

Kid Flash-I think it could be fun if we devote a film to a sidekick, watch as Wally gets to meet his hero and become his sidekick.

Nightwing: year one- I just want the Nightwing story animated, see him go from Robin to Nightwing.

The Atom- Would it be weird if I said I wanted the story where Ray Palmer gets stuck at the molecular level and that I wanted Ryan Choi to suit up and go save him.

Aqualad-Kaldur is very popular in DC’s animated Young Justice, an origin movie either set in that universe or separate could be interesting to see. Take some elements from rebirth or Brightest Day.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I finally caught up with WW Bloodlines. It was okay. It took awhile to get going but the ending battle and finale were solid. The twist I saw coming a mile away. Bloodlines really fell into the Hush trap IMO. With the animation studio cramming as much lore and as many charcters into the story. Not a bad movie but there are better Diana stories out there.

I almost missed the after-credits scene that revealed the twist. Bad form. Since it resolves the plot thread of Dr. Cyber and teases a sequel that's never getting made.
    I didn't mind them redoing the origin but the Themyscira/Kapatelis stuff at the beginning kind of dragged things out...as well as some of the character dialogue that seemed oddly slow paced for some reason. Also, Julia was a horrible mother.

I was disappointed we never got a big Villainy Inc. group fight or that Poison and Cyber didn't really get to do anything.

On the plus side I thought they had a really strong depiction of Diana. Probably the best of any movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I didn't mind them redoing the origin but the Themyscira/Kapatelis stuff at the beginning kind of dragged things out...as well as some of the character dialogue that seemed oddly slow paced for some reason. Also, Julia was a horrible mother.

I was disappointed we never got a big Villainy Inc. group fight or that Poison and Cyber didn't really get to do anything.

On the plus side I thought they had a really strong depiction of Diana. Probably the best of any movie.
    I liked it well enough but yeah, it tried to cram too many story lines into one less than two hour film (Perez, Jimenez, both of Rucka's runs).

Should have saved them for an animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I liked it well enough but yeah, it tried to cram too many story lines into one less than two hour film (Perez, Jimenez, both of Rucka's runs).

Should have saved them for an animated series.
    To be honest it felt like a stealth pitch for a Wonder Woman cartoon. I think even James Tucker admitted as much.

Mighty Member

What DCAMU movies do you feel were as good or better than the source material?

Under the Red Hood and Death of Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Under the Red Hood and Death of Superman.
    yup, totally agreed with both, but it's interesting how both stories weren't all that different from their adaptations. Amazing how much good a little streamling can do.
    The animated movies didn't have to deal with (UTRH) the baggage of superboy prime's punch, the destruction of bluidhaven or for (DOS) Lex's relationship with the Linda Matrix Supergirl, or him faking his death and posing as his illegitimate son or whatever, or the destruction of Coast City.
    Goes to show you get rid of the more comic booky convoluted mess of dc continuity and you might actually have a decent story!

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    yup, totally agreed with both, but it's interesting how both stories weren't all that different from their adaptations. Amazing how much good a little streamling can do.
    The animated movies didn't have to deal with (UTRH) the baggage of superboy prime's punch, the destruction of bluidhaven or for (DOS) Lex's relationship with the Linda Matrix Supergirl, or him faking his death and posing as his illegitimate son or whatever, or the destruction of Coast City.
    Goes to show you get rid of the more comic booky convoluted mess of dc continuity and you might actually have a decent story!
    Honestly I think the animated side would be better off adapting stories that were “important” but maybe not great. I thought the UTRH comic sucked, but there were some good ideas there, like Batman facing the personification of how badly he’s failed with Jason. Still hoping for a New Krypton adaption for that reason. There’s a comic with a ton of potential that could be great if they reworked the ending for example.

It's only loosely based off it but I prefer JL: Crisis on Two Earths to Morrison's JL: Earth-2

I liked Judas Contract's attempt at still keeping Terra a really bratty bad guy but still keeping at least the bare minimum of redeeming qualities like the 2003 cartoon version had.

I never read the event, but Flashpoint Paradox was so good it's hard to imagine the books being much better.

Mighty Member

I'm curious how the Death in the Family interactive feature is going to play out. According to a couple things I read was that there will be multiple endings. Hope it won't be too confusing. I'm hoping someone could post the different paths to take once it comes out. I think what's interesting about Death of Superman is that the classic JL is fighting Doomsday. The original storyline had the C list league fighting him simply because the other members were tied up. Batman had Knightfall, Hal Jordan had Parallax Wonder Woman, can't remember what her storyline was at the time. So it's definitely not out of place for the movie to feature the A team fighting together.