Page 75 of 156 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2328

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    On the plus side I thought they had a really strong depiction of Diana. Probably the best of any movie.
    I liked "Bloodlines" but the one thing that bugged me was how Diana missed what was going on under her nose. You'd think Diana would have and should have been a great friend or mentor to a young woman who was sharing her roof.

For any future animation, I'd want to see original stories rather than rehash or try to adapt stuff I've already seen. And I would want to focus on more than the Trinity. The JSA is a great place to start.(assuming it's a post-crisis, non trinity team) I'm very hopeful for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I'm curious how the Death in the Family interactive feature is going to play out. According to a couple things I read was that there will be multiple endings. Hope it won't be too confusing. I'm hoping someone could post the different paths to take once it comes out. I think what's interesting about Death of Superman is that the classic JL is fighting Doomsday. The original storyline had the C list league fighting him simply because the other members were tied up. Batman had Knightfall, Hal Jordan had Parallax Wonder Woman, can't remember what her storyline was at the time. So it's definitely not out of place for the movie to feature the A team fighting together.
    WW lost the mantle to Artemis and got that black biker chick outfit

I'm curious how the Death in the Family interactive feature is going to play out. According to a couple things I read was that there will be multiple endings. Hope it won't be too confusing. I'm hoping someone could post the different paths to take once it comes out. I think what's interesting about Death of Superman is that the classic JL is fighting Doomsday. The original storyline had the C list league fighting him simply because the other members were tied up. Batman had Knightfall, Hal Jordan had Parallax Wonder Woman, can't remember what her storyline was at the time. So it's definitely not out of place for the movie to feature the A team fighting together.
    It seems like the main routes are:

Robin dies -> UTRH Route

Batman saves Robin -> Red Robin Route

Robin saves himself -> Robin becomes Hush Route
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I liked "Bloodlines" but the one thing that bugged me was how Diana missed what was going on under her nose. You'd think Diana would have and should have been a great friend or mentor to a young woman who was sharing her roof.
    We saw that Diana did try reaching out to Vanessa, but being busy with Wonder Woman stuff probably didn't help. Julia treating Diana like the daughter she never had and constantly putting down Vanessa were the real issue.

I guess Diana could've stood up for Vanessa but being in a new home and reeling from her own mom issues probably kept her from intervening.
    For any future animation, I'd want to see original stories rather than rehash or try to adapt stuff I've already seen. And I would want to focus on more than the Trinity. The JSA is a great place to start.(assuming it's a post-crisis, non trinity team) I'm very hopeful for that one.
    I'm expecting the JSA movie is going to be a stealth Wonder Woman movie in the sense that Diana will be the lead, although it'll still be a team film at the end of the day.

It seems like the main routes are:

Robin dies -> UTRH Route

Batman saves Robin -> Red Robin Route

Robin saves himself -> Robin becomes Hush Route

We saw that Diana did try reaching out to Vanessa, but being busy with Wonder Woman stuff probably didn't help. Julia treating Diana like the daughter she never had and constantly putting down Vanessa were the real issue.

I guess Diana could've stood up for Vanessa but being in a new home and reeling from her own mom issues probably kept her from intervening.

I'm expecting the JSA movie is going to be a stealth Wonder Woman movie in the sense that Diana will be the lead, although it'll still be a team film at the end of the day.
    Has Wonder Woman been confirmed for that movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Has Wonder Woman been confirmed for that movie?
    No, it's just speculation on my part given it's set in WWII and DC seems to be really pushing for Diana to have started out in WWII and serve as an inspiration for the JSA.

It also would make sense for them to approve a film starring a lesser known property if it meant someone recognizable, like one of the Trinity, would be in it. Like the reason Batman was in Justice League Dark.

No, it's just speculation on my part given it's set in WWII and DC seems to be really pushing for Diana to have started out in WWII and serve as an inspiration for the JSA.

It also would make sense for them to approve a film starring a lesser known property if it meant someone recognizable, like one of the Trinity, would be in it. Like the reason Batman was in Justice League Dark.
    Then I hope we get that adaption of Superman & The Legion of Superheroes from Johns Action run some day lol.

Fair enough, but I'd rather not have Wonder Woman in it just to give the JSA a chance to stand on their own (and I say this as a Wonder Woman fan who is neutral about the JSA).

Mighty Member

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies was kind of odd animation wise. If you're familiar with the anime Hajime No Ippo which is about an aspiring boxer, it looked like the animators took a look at that and tried to animate Clark that way with his facial features.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies was kind of odd animation wise. If you're familiar with the anime Hajime No Ippo which is about an aspiring boxer, it looked like the animators took a look at that and tried to animate Clark that way with his facial features.
    Honestly, i don't think that's intentional at all. It must be just a coincidence. I am not denying the resemblances. But, they are little if at all.

I think they were more trying to emulate Ed McGuinness - the guy who drew the original storyline from the comic. But McGuinness seemed influenced by anime and manga (which was partly influenced by Disney etc etc) so it's like a hall of mirrors...

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Then I hope we get that adaption of Superman & The Legion of Superheroes from Johns Action run some day lol.
    It's probably more likely than a full-on standalone Legion film.
    Fair enough, but I'd rather not have Wonder Woman in it just to give the JSA a chance to stand on their own (and I say this as a Wonder Woman fan who is neutral about the JSA).
    I'm not pro-"Wonder Woman is the main character in the JSA" either, but it makes sense to use her from a marketing perspective and to get around the fact that her solo films haven't sold well.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think they were more trying to emulate Ed McGuinness - the guy who drew the original storyline from the comic. But McGuinness seemed influenced by anime and manga (which was partly influenced by Disney etc etc) so it's like a hall of mirrors...
    I remember when he drew Lois with absurdly long anime hair .

Watched that Deathstroke movie earlier tonight. The animation wasn't the greatest, and Slade was more heroic than he should be, but it was a lot of fun and a lot better than I expected it to be. It's not part of their usual lineup but part of that CW Seed thing, like Vixen or The Ray, but it's obviously not part of the Arrowverse. Nor the ended DCAMU. Guess it's its own continuity?

The violence worked cause Deathstroke, and while not the greatest the fight scenes were plenty enjoyable enough. Starts a bit meh but really gets going after the first bit. Tone of the movie felt like one of those old gritty action movies of the 70s and 80s, like Death Wish. Really fun to get that feel in a modern animated movie. Oddly, feels more like a spiritual companion to that Mortal Kombat Scorpion's Revenge movie than any DC movie.

For it's own heroic Deathstroke Dirty Harry and Death Wish feeling universe or continuity, not bad. I'd definitely be up for a sequel. And Michael Chiklis is now my favorite voice actor for the character, beating out Ron Perlman who's been number one for well over a decade with the Teen Titans cartoon.

Watched that Deathstroke movie earlier tonight. The animation wasn't the greatest, and Slade was more heroic than he should be, but it was a lot of fun and a lot better than I expected it to be. It's not part of their usual lineup but part of that CW Seed thing, like Vixen or The Ray, but it's obviously not part of the Arrowverse. Nor the ended DCAMU. Guess it's its own continuity?

The violence worked cause Deathstroke, and while not the greatest the fight scenes were plenty enjoyable enough. Starts a bit meh but really gets going after the first bit. Tone of the movie felt like one of those old gritty action movies of the 70s and 80s, like Death Wish. Really fun to get that feel in a modern animated movie. Oddly, feels more like a spiritual companion to that Mortal Kombat Scorpion's Revenge movie than any DC movie.

For it's own heroic Deathstroke Dirty Harry and Death Wish feeling universe or continuity, not bad. I'd definitely be up for a sequel. And Michael Chiklis is now my favorite voice actor for the character, beating out Ron Perlman who's been number one for well over a decade with the Teen Titans cartoon.
    I thought the animation by Titmouse was great. The flow of movement and the action choreography were pretty top-notch and I liked the style and character designs .

I was surprised how well Chiklis fit as Slade. But I can't think of a Deathstroke voice I didn't really like (Perlman, Ferrer, Rolston, Tatasciore, etc.) I guess I remember when Wentworth Miller voiced him for five minutes in Young Justice which was kind of random in hindsight.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Has anyone watched Man of Tomorrow yet? Its been out on digital for 2 weeks. It comes out on disc tomorrow.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Has anyone watched Man of Tomorrow yet? Its been out on digital for 2 weeks. It comes out on disc tomorrow.
    It's good origin story. It's not really an American Alien adaptation as much as it's a mishmash of various origins from the past few decades. The 3rd act is a complete mess though.