Page 77 of 155 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2318

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah, you can see that whoever made this movie it's a big fan of godzilla.
    From interviews they said Parasite's design was influenced by Evangelion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And Evangelion was influenced by Ultraman which was influenced by Godzilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    And Evangelion was influenced by Ultraman which was influenced by Godzilla.
    6 degrees of Japan .

6 degrees of Japan .
    And Godzilla was influenced by Beast From 20,000 Fathoms and King Kong. And Beast was based on the short story The Fog Horn by Ray Bradbury.

It's crazy how connected some things are. No Kong and Beast no Godzilla, no Godzilla no Ultraman no Gamera no Gorgo no Reptilicus no Yongary (there's a lot of Godzilla ripoffs [a lot of Kong ones too]). No Ultraman no Evangelion. And there's probably some mecha anime or something that wouldn't exist without Evangelion.

There probably still would have been giant monster movies, but it would be very different and very fewer I imagine without Kong and Godzilla.

Edit: Almost forgot, no Ultraman no Ultraman ripoffs, and there's probably more of those than Godzilla and Kong ripoffs combined.
    Last edited by Vakanai; 09-10-2020 at 12:21 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Yeah! I definitely can see that and ultraman influences.

Superman: Man of Tomorrow is now available to watch on the DC Fandome site.

Mighty Member

Saw the preview for Batman: Soul of the Dragon on the MOT blu-ray. From the storyboards and brief animation clips, looks promising. They said they borrowed from Denny O'Neils run from the 70s naturally.

One thing I'm planning on doing with the DC movies once I have them all in my collection is watch one every week. That way it makes the wait for the next DC movie seem shorter. So, like once the movies get to 52 total, I could have a year long DC movie event every week. Binging them quickly wouldn't seem like a good idea.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Superman: Man of Tomorrow is now available to watch on the DC Fandome site.
    Just watched it. Not a bad movie. The heavy black outlines on the characters took a lot to get used to as I felt it was really distracting at times.

Mighty Member

So, I bought Batman: Death in the Family. The intro says there is seven different endings. Anyone watch it yet? What choices need to be made to get each ending?

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, I bought Batman: Death in the Family. The intro says there is seven different endings. Anyone watch it yet? What choices need to be made to get each ending?
    Jason Todd dies: Batman recaps the plot of the Under the Red Hood movie, no other choices. If you've already seen UTRH, pretty much a waste of time

Jason Todd survives: No other choices

Batman saves Jason: This is the only one with other branches to it. You get asked a few more times whether you want to kill the Joker and at one point you decide the result of Two Face's coin flip. You can go back to your choices after you see it

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Jason Todd dies: Batman recaps the plot of the Under the Red Hood movie, no other choices. If you've already seen UTRH, pretty much a waste of time

Jason Todd survives: No other choices

Batman saves Jason: This is the only one with other branches to it. You get asked a few more times whether you want to kill the Joker and at one point you decide the result of Two Face's coin flip. You can go back to your choices after you see it
    Awesome, thanks. So, what did you think of it?

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Awesome, thanks. So, what did you think of it?
    I didn't care for it. Having the main storyline be a recap of a movie I already own was very frustrating.

Mighty Member

I didn't care for it. Having the main storyline be a recap of a movie I already own was very frustrating.
    Well, be thankful that it wasn't a full length feature. Only an 18-31 minute running time. I'm looking forward to seeing it. Hopefully Batman Shadow of the Dragon you'll enjoy better.

Well we already knew that going in. The point is mostly to see the non-Red Hood versions.

Mighty Member

I like to look at it as an extension of Under the Red Hood along with the alternate story beats. Because you do get extra back story that UTRH didn't show. IMO, I appreciate that.