Page 82 of 154 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2306
    Mighty Member

One thing I'm curious about with the upcoming JSA WWII movie, people have mentioned that Wonder Woman would lead the team or be involved and that would be cool. But I'm also curious to see if they bring in a DC Showcase character. Sgt. Rock perhaps? Seems appropriate

New Soul of the Dragon clip:

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    The idea that anybody would have watched Superman/Batman Public Enemies and thought "We need to copy that" is so mindbogglingly unbelievable that this has to just be a coincidence (or an edited clip designed to make them look the same)
    Do people really think this is the only two times in pop culture history that a character stranded in the sea/space/desert looked up to see an angelic figure come to rescue them?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Yeah yeah alright, Batman. Good good. Y'all got any of them JSA clips? I will do unmentionable things for some JSA clips.

I'm talking I will say nice things about DKR and the Snyder Cut. Please. Even a screengrab will do me.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yeah yeah alright, Batman. Good good. Y'all got any of them JSA clips? I will do unmentionable things for some JSA clips.

I'm talking I will say nice things about DKR and the Snyder Cut. Please. Even a screengrab will do me.
    They tend to keep details on the next movie quiet until the most recent movie gets released. Expect JSA clips to drop January 26th

Probably not a good idea to have a huge gong/doorbell surrounded by tons of snow and rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    They tend to keep details on the next movie quiet until the most recent movie gets released. Expect JSA clips to drop January 26th
    I know, but I'm fiending for those details, my dude.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    When it comes to Death and Return of Superman, I have both of the movies separately, but is it necessary to buy the edited combined movie? I've heard that it has a new special feature on the disc, Long Live Superman, but I'd hate to double dip just for one special feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Doesn't also come with a copy of the original Doomsday film?
    Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Yeah I think it does. Is there any difference narratively between the one long movie and the separate ones like extra footage?
    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I never saw either version (debated about trying to find that all in one edition, but there's other stuff I'm kinda more interested in getting before that). According to the internet, it's just the two movies spliced together, no extra footage or anything deleted (I'm guessing there might be some editing at the actual splice, but probably nothing major).
    I double dipped, so you don't have to.

The combined movie is indeed DoS and RoS combined into one movie. Notable aspects have to do with the transition between the two. The post-credit scenes of DoS (showing Connor awakening, Eradicator creating the Fortress of Solitude with Kal's rocket, and John Henry making his armor) are shown as apart of the transition. Along with a new scene of Cyborg Supes flying in space, after he stages his "resurrection" at Superman's tomb. Everything else is the same.

The combo cut also comes with a blu-ray of the 2007 movie, Superman Doomsday and the 45 minute documentary "Long Live Superman".

If you're happy with the divided movies, I'd stick with those. I prefer them divided, myself. The combined cut is 2 hours and 45 minutes long. Since it's combining 2 nearly one hour and 30 minute long movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I double dipped, so you don't have to.

The combined movie is indeed DoS and RoS combined into one movie. Notable aspects have to do with the transition between the two. The post-credit scenes of DoS (showing Connor awakening, Eradicator creating the Fortress of Solitude with Kal's rocket, and John Henry making his armor) are shown as apart of the transition. Along with a new scene of Cyborg Supes flying in space, after he stages his "resurrection" at Superman's tomb. Everything else is the same.

The combo cut also comes with a blu-ray of the 2007 movie, Superman Doomsday and the 45 minute documentary "Long Live Superman".

If you're happy with the divided movies, I'd stick with those. I prefer them divided, myself. The combined cut is 2 hours and 45 minutes long. Since it's combining 2 nearly one hour and 30 minute long movies.
    Kinda debated about getting the spliced version when I saw it on sale, but, while I have kinda enjoyed the DC direct-to-video animated movies that I've picked up on impulse, not sure I'm that much into Superman for something I might as well just rent.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

A preview image of the sneak peek extra for Batman: Soul of the Dragon has seemingly revealed some of the roster for Justice Society: World War II.

The image had Golden Age Wonder Woman, Flash, Black Canary, Hawkman, and Hourman.

Astonishing Member

A preview image of the sneak peek extra for Batman: Soul of the Dragon has seemingly revealed some of the roster for Justice Society: World War II.

The image had Golden Age Wonder Woman, Flash, Black Canary, Hawkman, and Hourman.
    Cool. First time to hear about a JSA movie. Hope to see more news soon.

Justice Society: World War II cast and crew and first preview image revealed:

Stana Katic - Wonder Woman

Matt Bomer - The Flash

Elysia Rotaru - Black Canary

Chris Diamantopoulos - Steve Trevor

Omid Abtahi - Hawkman

Matthew Mercer - Hourman

Armen Taylor - Jay Garrick

Liam McIntyre - Aquaman

Ashleigh LaThrop - Iris West

Geoffrey Arend - Charles Halstead/Adivsor

Keith Ferguson - Dr. Fate

Darin De Pual - Roosevelt

Jeff Wamester, known for the Guardians of the Galaxy TV series, is directing from a script by Meghan Fitzmartin (Supernatural, DC Super Hero Girls) and Jeremy Adams (Supernatural, Batman: Soul Of The Dragon). Jim Krieg (Batman: Gotham by Gaslight) and Kimberly S. Moreau (Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) are producing.

That still frame does not look good, man.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

It's a genuine step up from the low rent paper doll looking animation that they've been using the past few years, but it does look too much like that Archer show huh?

Curious to see what Aquaman's role is.

Still shots can be notoriously unreliable in gauging the quality of animation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    It's a genuine step up from the low rent paper doll looking animation that they've been using the past few years, but it does look too much like that Archer show huh?
    People kept saying this for Man of Tomorrow that had a similar art style, but I just don't see the Archer comparison. It looks more like a stylized, retro, animation style to me.