Page 83 of 155 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2318
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

People kept saying this for Man of Tomorrow that had a similar art style, but I just don't see the Archer comparison. It looks more like a stylized, retro, animation style to me.
    I do like the retro Wonder Woman and Hawkman a lot. I'll give it a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I do like the retro Wonder Woman and Hawkman a lot. I'll give it a shot!
    Black Canary in a skirt .

Justice Society: World War II cast and crew and first preview image revealed:

Stana Katic - Wonder Woman

Matt Bomer - The Flash

Elysia Rotaru - Black Canary

Chris Diamantopoulos - Steve Trevor

Omid Abtahi - Hawkman

Matthew Mercer - Hourman

Armen Taylor - Jay Garrick

Liam McIntyre - Aquaman

Ashleigh LaThrop - Iris West

Geoffrey Arend - Charles Halstead/Adivsor

Keith Ferguson - Dr. Fate

Darin De Pual - Roosevelt

Jeff Wamester, known for the Guardians of the Galaxy TV series, is directing from a script by Meghan Fitzmartin (Supernatural, DC Super Hero Girls) and Jeremy Adams (Supernatural, Batman: Soul Of The Dragon). Jim Krieg (Batman: Gotham by Gaslight) and Kimberly S. Moreau (Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) are producing.
    Wonder Woman's hair style looks . . . bizarre. And what's Black Canary doing in this? Had they previously retconned Golden Age Dinah to be active prior to her first appearance in Flash Comics #86 (August 1947)?

Curious to see what Aquaman's role is.
    Has DC brought back a "Golden Age" Aquaman now?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Wonder Woman's hair style looks . . . bizarre. And what's Black Canary doing in this? Had they previously retconned Golden Age Dinah to be active prior to her first appearance in Flash Comics #86 (August 1947)?
    I think they were trying to go for a "classic" hairstyle for Diana here. Canary is there so they have another woman in the JSA.
    Has DC brought back a "Golden Age" Aquaman now?
    I'm guessing we get a present-day team-up between Flash and Aquaman.

Golden Age Wonder Woman in animation

Sword and shield

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Golden Age Wonder Woman in animation

Sword and shield
    I'm betting she'll toss them midway through the movie .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

DC animation hasn't had good models in a long time if you ask me. Sometimes they make it work (I genuinely enjoyed Bloodlines and Man of Tomorrow). This looks like low-rent Man of Tomorrow, personally. Not into it.

But it's JSA. It gets my money for a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    DC animation hasn't had good models in a long time if you ask me. Sometimes they make it work (I genuinely enjoyed Bloodlines and Man of Tomorrow). This looks like low-rent Man of Tomorrow, personally. Not into it.

It's pretty much the same art style as Man of Tomorrow. I'm not really seeing how it looks cheaper.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Still shots can be notoriously unreliable in gauging the quality of animation.

People kept saying this for Man of Tomorrow that had a similar art style, but I just don't see the Archer comparison. It looks more like a stylized, retro, animation style to me.
    Here's the thing. It's not the models so much as how flat it looks. They use definition lines, but without shading to denote changes in value they really don't work here. Jay is the best example. He has so many lines all over his design but they don't help at all. It just looks overly busy because nothing is informing anything. He doesn't need those abs (which are uneven with one side being far larger than the other), his model is plenty bulky, but without any shading they just look thrown on. His fitted hat doesn't fit his head. It's off-center, but not tilted so his skull apparently shifts to the left. His posture is very unnatural, but he may be making a move for his belt buckle since what looks like a hands-on-hip pose is missing his hips. That itself may work in animation, but just from a basic compositional standpoint, this looks rushed. One of Diana's eyes is about to slide off her face, but her chin is centered meaning she's not tilting her head much if at all.

I hope it's just a bad first look because goddamn it doesn't look like they put a lot of effort into that still.

It may be a transitional frame, an "in-between" where things are exaggerated to flow into a fluid visual, but then why make that frame the first look?

It's a genuine step up from the low rent paper doll looking animation that they've been using the past few years, but it does look too much like that Archer show huh?

Curious to see what Aquaman's role is.
    DC animation hasn't had good models in a long time if you ask me. Sometimes they make it work (I genuinely enjoyed Bloodlines and Man of Tomorrow), but overall it's been getting worse and the New 52 models were awful. This looks like low-rent Man of Tomorrow, personally. Not into it.

Last edited by Robanker; 01-07-2021 at 02:40 PM.

It's pretty much the same art style as Man of Tomorrow. I'm not really seeing how it looks cheaper.
    I don't mind the art style but something about Wonder Woman's hair style is I don't like.

Here's the thing. It's not the models so much as how flat it looks. They use definition lines, but without shading to denote changes in value they really don't work here. Jay is the best example. He has so many lines all over his design but they don't help at all. It just looks overly busy because nothing is informing anything. He doesn't need those abs (which are uneven with one side being far larger than the other), his model is plenty bulky, but without any shading they just look thrown on. His fitted hat doesn't fit his head. It's off-center, but not tilted so his skull apparently shifts to the left. His posture is very unnatural, but he may be making a move for his belt buckle since what looks like a hands-on-hip pose is missing his hips. That itself may work in animation, but just from a basic compositional standpoint, this looks rushed. One of Diana's eyes is about to slide off her face, but her chin is centered meaning she's not tilting her head much if at all.

I hope it's just a bad first look because goddamn it doesn't look like they put a lot of effort into that still.

It may be a transitional frame, an "in-between" where things are exaggerated to flow into a fluid visual, but then why make that frame the first look?
    The art style in general looks like it's pretty fluid and smooth to me, which might be why it doesn't look the best in a still image, but that's just my takeaway.

I'm just used to first look visuals not being the best first looks.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

DC animation hasn't had good models in a long time if you ask me. Sometimes they make it work (I genuinely enjoyed Bloodlines and Man of Tomorrow), but overall it's been getting worse and the New 52 models were awful. This looks like low-rent Man of Tomorrow, personally. Not into it.

Honestly the only DC animated movie I found appealing looking and watchable was the JLA: TRAPPED IN TIME movie. Those New 52 movies look SO BAD. I tried watching RED SON and it looked like genuine paper dolls being tugged across my screen. It just ain't it, chief.

I'll check it out cause it's the JSA and Aquaman, but I'm not expecting much either.

Extraordinary Member

Not liking the sword and shield

Should have had Hawkgirl over Black Canary. Why does DC keep ignoring her?!! First in the Black Adam film and now this... If it were a choice between only one Hawk, I would have preferred Hawkgirl

It's because they choose the weirdest frame ever to use in this promotion. Why only WW and Canary hairs are blowing against the wind, but not Hour Man's cape? And Jay's pose looks like a kid drawn him.