Page 9 of 156 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I guess you didn't hear that the Titans are getting their own solo animated movie next year as well, and its based on the Judas Contract story. We also just got Justice League vs Teen Titans back in March, which was pretty successful and really entertaining. I'd imagine if the sequel, The Judas Contract, is also successful it could lead to the Titans getting their own animated movie line or even a live action movie (like Suicide Squad).
    Where they successful? I always hear bad to mixed (and like one or two guy that like it) reviews about these animated movies.

As for entertaining the only part that had anything enjoyable in it was Blue Beetle turning Damien into Two-Face with his arm cannon.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Where they successful? I always hear bad to mixed (and like one or two guy that like it) reviews about these animated movies.

As for entertaining the only part that had anything enjoyable in it was Blue Beetle turning Damien into Two-Face with his arm cannon.
    Tucker said that if Justice League vs. Teen Titans sold well, we would likely be seeing more Titans in the future.

That they're getting their own movie, without the caveat of being attached to a Justice League or Batman movie, probably means sales were fairly good .

BANNED

According to one site it made 3.6 million in domestic sales, not counting foreign. I don't know if that's good for a straight to video or not, but it's only got a 64% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes. I really wouldn't mind if the Judas Contract film fails, I freaking hate the DCAU. Or more accurately, the Damian Wayne show guest starring everyone else.

Amazing Member

The Animated movies based on New 52 have been complete balls ,compared to the quality animated films that has come before i really hope Dc Animation gets a "Rebirth" also and never produce material based on New 52 again

It was pretty successful sales wise. I think it's one of the higher selling titles in the nu52 line. It only came out like 3-4 months ago and we are already getting a sequel to it next year. Teen Titans has a huge fanbase and I'm surprised its taken DC so long to capitalize on it.

Reception has been mixed for the nu52/post Flashpoint movies compared to their predecessors mostly because of pointless changes and a lot of the Batman material centering on Damien. We'll see how the JC fares next year, although I expect NTT fans to dislike it if Damien is involved (which most likely he will be).
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I would have adored Morrison's ACTION COMICS to be adapted but since Johns and Co are going to act like it never happened now, I guess this ship has sailed.

Amazing Member

If anything should get adapted right now it should be DC Universe Rebirth 1

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonte View Post
    If anything should get adapted right now it should be DC Universe Rebirth 1
    that would be epic.

but i'm still rooting for sinestro corps war.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    According to one site it made 3.6 million in domestic sales, not counting foreign. I don't know if that's good for a straight to video or not, but it's only got a 64% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes. I really wouldn't mind if the Judas Contract film fails, I freaking hate the DCAU. Or more accurately, the Damian Wayne show guest starring everyone else.
    Nah the DCAU is the good stuff made by Timm. I don't think this new universe has a name yet.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Nah the DCAU is the good stuff made by Timm. I don't think this new universe has a name yet.
    Whatever it's called, it's an abomination. The Nu52DCAU is one of the few things I actually really want to fail. It's depriving us of great animated films and giving us some of the most heartless, unlikable versions of the DC heroes ever. It really needs to die.

I just don't understand the appeal people see in these films, especially with the worst Robin adaptation ever starring in half of them. Is it different people watching them every time, who never come back for a 2nd film? Do they just watch them for the action and animation? I'm just... confused.
    Last edited by Atlanta96; 07-24-2016 at 09:23 PM.

I just call it the DCNAU .

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/07...animated-movie

So Judas Contract will be a sequel to JL vs TT. Thats according to the DC comics website. Seems that's what people who were at the panel are referring to it as.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Whatever it's called, it's an abomination. The Nu52DCAU is one of the few things I actually really want to fail. It's depriving us of great animated films and giving us some of the most heartless, unlikable versions of the DC heroes ever. It really needs to die.

I just don't understand the appeal people see in these films, especially with the worst Robin adaptation ever starring in half of them. Is it different people watching them every time, who never come back for a 2nd film? Do they just watch them for the action and animation? I'm just... confused.
    You really hit the nail on the head.

BANNED

You'd better hope it doesn't fail or else no more Teen Titans, they're not gonna pin it on Damian who'll just return to Batman. If people like these characters and franchise they're gonna have to support them or else they'll be deprived of whatever characters that DO appear. RT also doesn't matter, Batman vs Robin enjoys a 100% score, SOB is also pretty high and it's the highest selling one in the last 6 years, even beating out both parts of TDKR combined. So yeah Damian will continue to have a home, it's Blue Beetle, Raven etc who're gonna get kicked to the curb as they have no parent franchise other than TT. If TT movies continue to be successful they'll introduce new characters and give Damian a backseat, see Bad Blood.
    Also Damian getting erased only means a return to the basics, if we get a Robin it will be Dick, otherwise expect more films with Batman solo and without any family characters,Joker and Harley are also likely to become more prominent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/07...animated-movie

So Judas Contract will be a sequel to JL vs TT. Thats according to the DC comics website. Seems that's what people who were at the panel are referring to it as.
    Obviously, there was a Terra tease. I just hope Deathstroke gets redeemed big time, Damian obviously has an inbuilt rivalry with him in this universe which is vastly different from Dick's own history with Slade so there's no real chance of Damian stealing Slade as a villain. It wont be an accurate depiction, just like SOB was not really Batman and Son nor was Age of Ultron anything like the comic. People should stop putting too much stock in the name imo. I'm just curious about the extent they'll push Slade/Terra.