Page 91 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2280
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

More DC Showcase was the news I needed today. Yeah, yeah, Constantine snooze. Get me some of that sweet Kamandi and Blue Beetle action-- Ted or Jaime, I'm so down for either.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yay! More DC Showcase .

I wonder if Blue Beetle will have both Ted and Jaime.
    Probably Ted because it seems like the company has unfortunately moved on from Jaime.

Looking forward to Kamandi, Losers and Blue Beetle.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    More DC Showcase was the news I needed today. Yeah, yeah, Constantine snooze. Get me some of that sweet Kamandi and Blue Beetle action-- Ted or Jaime, I'm so down for either.
    Yes, just what the world needs more of right now, showing how a snarky manipulative douchebag who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room is the real hero of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Probably Ted because it seems like the company has unfortunately moved on from Jaime.
    What makes you think that?

Also, I believe there are legal entanglements that have kept Ted sidelined in terms of TV & movie adaptations, but it's possible those issues have finally been resolved.

It probably depends on the story they want to do. Its it's own thing so they could use one or the other, or both.

Or maybe do a short on the whole Blue Beetle legacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yes, just what the world needs more of right now, showing how a snarky manipulative douchebag who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room is the real hero of the story.
    I'm down for more Matt Ryan Constantine (because, c'mon, he's obviously coming back for this) .
    What makes you think that?

Also, I believe there are legal entanglements that have kept Ted sidelined in terms of TV & movie adaptations, but it's possible those issues have finally been resolved.
    I don't know if it was legal issues so much as just issues with that Blue and Gold movie they were purportedly making. It's why Ted was replaced with Ray Palmer on Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It probably depends on the story they want to do. Its it's own thing so they could use one or the other, or both.

Or maybe do a short on the whole Blue Beetle legacy.

I'm down for more Matt Ryan Constantine (because, c'mon, he's obviously coming back for this) .

I don't know if it was legal issues so much as just issues with that Blue and Gold movie they were purportedly making. It's why Ted was replaced with Ray Palmer on Arrow.
    I hadn’t heard that, I thought it had more to do with the generally dodgy nature of Charlton as a company in terms of legalities

Agreed on Matt Ryan. He’s the only Constantine I haven’t immediately wanted to shoot out an airlock. Granted, that didn’t prevent his work with the character from also being insufferable at times, Justice League Dark Apokalips War being a prime example
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 01-28-2021 at 11:26 PM.

They’ve given up on pushing Jaime in the comics, but I seriously doubt that means Ted will get a push instead. If there’s a Blue Beetle short coming it’s going to be Jaime or Jaime being mentored by Ted. Ted is even less well known amongst the general audience than Jaime and nowhere near popular enough to get his own stuff.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Hopefully they will use the Dan Garrett Blue Beetle.

BlueBeetle.jpg

Wasn't that the arc of the MCU, cinema's most successful cash cow? I'm pretty sure there's a solid gold idol of RDJ at the Disney building you have to pass to get to Iger's office.

Hellblazer had some great stories but I could do without John Constantine in any of my DCU material for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Wasn't that the arc of the MCU, cinema's most successful cash cow? I'm pretty sure there's a solid gold idol of RDJ at the Disney building you have to pass to get to Iger's office.
    Touche, but at least RDJ's Tony Stark was funny.

No doubt that this archetype is certainly popular, but it has emboldened the seemingly limitless swarm of smug self-styled "independent thinkers" who contribute nothing but cynicism and snark online.

Not that these twerps needed much prompting, but characters like Constantine have become their spirit animal.

Touche, but at least RDJ's Tony Stark was funny.

No doubt that this archetype is certainly popular, but it has emboldened the seemingly limitless swarm of smug self-styled "independent thinkers" who contribute nothing but cynicism and snark online.

Not that these twerps needed much prompting, but characters like Constantine have become their spirit animal.
    Not a new trend I'm afraid. The snarky rogue is a timeless pain in everyone's ass for their horde of imitators.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Hopefully they will use the Dan Garrett Blue Beetle.

BlueBeetle.jpg
    But DC doesn't use that particular version of Dan Garret (one "t" for the original Golden Age version):

DC went with the revised Charlton version, who wasn't a police officer:

from Who's Who Update '87 #1 (August 1987)

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    1. As Frontier mentioned, having a connected universe doesn't negate having great standalone movies

2. What the connected universe really gave us was a chance to see characters featured that we never would have seen had they been focused on standalones only. Do you really think we'd have seen an animated John Constantine had they not been able to connect him through Batman? The Judas Contract was literally one of the first three movies announced for the animated originals lineup but they didn't actually make it until they were able to introduce the Titans in Justice League vs Teen Titans, and Jaime Reyes really had no other chance to get into one of these without it. I know that the world was completely destroyed before we could see it, but it was pretty much Connor Kent's (and Steel's) only shot at getting featured in a movie that wasn't just the Death and Return of Superman, and when they did a standalone version both of them were removed to simplify it. If you ever want to see a movie greenlit again that isn't Batman or Superman, a connected universe is pretty much your only option

3. If they wanted to make that transition, literally the least they could do would have been to give the universe they've been building an ending that isn't "Everybody and everything is dead and there is no future and no hope."
    1. Doesn't negate it - also doesn't in any size shape or form help it either.

2. I really don't care about this point if the films these characters appear in aren't that great - but yes, I do disagree with you on this. I think we would have gotten John Constantine in a Batman movie or Jaime Reyes in Teen Titans even without the shared universe. I mean, did we not just get Richard Dragon in a Batman movie shared universe free?

3. I...honestly don't know what your point is here.

Yes! Was afraid it'd be years before they'd do these again, like last time. Glad to be wrong.