Page 93 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2328

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Is Aquaman going to be the villain? He's treated like a menace throughout.
    I think he's tired of the war on the surface and sicks his Atlantean forces on both sides, which is where Diana comes in to mediate.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I think he's tired of the war on the surface and sicks his Atlantean forces on both sides, which is where Diana comes in to mediate.
    As long as he's not going to end up being the Ubermensch (blond haired, blue eyed foreigner with superpowers in WWII makes this an easy trope to slide into) and does come across as an impartial mediator tired of the surface destroying the planet, sure. That can work. I'm concerned, though, since this very much looked like Diana's vehicle and he's the only one near her weight class.

Removing Alan Scott is a crime. I'll just say it now. I'm not a fan of that. I like Hourman a lot, but he shouldn't be there over Alan.

Amazing Member

1) Alan not being there is weird and I don't like it. Wonder Woman is not an adequate replacement.
    2) Barry being there means that Jay isn't going to get the focus he needs, or that Jay's whole storyline will be about Legacy, and probably about how Barry is better than Jay.
    3) No Ted Grant, Ted Knight, Al Pratt, Wesley Dodds, Charles McNider, Ma Hunkel, Sylvester Pemberton etc, so basically... it's barely a JSA movie?
    So I guess Stargirl is still the best JSA adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by maxax View Post
    1) Alan not being there is weird and I don't like it. Wonder Woman is not an adequate replacement.
    2) Barry being there means that Jay isn't going to get the focus he needs, or that Jay's whole storyline will be about Legacy, and probably about how Barry is better than Jay.
    3) No Ted Grant, Ted Knight, Al Pratt, Wesley Dodds, Charles McNider, Ma Hunkel, Sylvester Pemberton etc, so basically... it's barely a JSA movie?
    So I guess Stargirl is still the best JSA adaptation.
    1) I think it was from a power level perspective that they cut Alan.
    2) I think it's too early to say for sure, just because Barry's the audience POV.
    3) I wasn't expecting all of the JSA, otherwise the movie would feel overstuffed.

Just saw Batman: Soul of the Dragon last night!

I have no idea whether or not it was at all "good". The flashbacks took up too much space, the four main characters each needed more room to breathe, there wasn't enough Batman-in-costume, etc. But it was definitely cool. That '70s vibe, fashion, the soundtrack with the slap-bass, obviously the kung-fu... not to mention, Richard was extremely attractive. It was a blast. I just kinda wish there was more of it.

This makes two movies in a row that I really hope get a sequel. I wonder if I'll feel the same way about JSA WWII. I'll almost certainly want a Long Halloween sequel, since Dark Victory is my favorite Batman comic, though that isn't quite the same thing.

I wonder if any of them will get sequels. What a thing to do to a fanbase, haha!

As for JSA, I'm disappointed that Alan isn't in it too, but I'm more concerned that Barry is. A more straightforward story set in WWII is one thing, but a time travel story? Oh jeez, that's just gonna take up a lot of narrative space. I already thought the four mains of Soul of the Dragon were short-changed, and there are more JSAers than that already. That's before you add in the time travel.

Also, Barry's mask just looks bad, I have no idea what they're doing with his nose, and Stana Katic seems to be doing a "trying way too hard to sound vaguely like Gal Gadot" voice, and I am not a huge fan so far. Maybe I'll feel differently when I hear more of it.

Either way, I'm pretty excited to see I guess.

Anyone else notice that the side of the box-art for Man of Tomorrow and Soul of the Dragon match up at the top to form a big "D", presumably with the next two forming a "C"? I think it's real neat, haha!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Extraordinary Member

1) I think it was from a power level perspective that they cut Alan.
    2) I think it's too early to say for sure, just because Barry's the audience POV.
    3) I wasn't expecting all of the JSA, otherwise the movie would feel overstuffed.
    1) Yes, no doubt. Which is a problem.
    2) It seems way too much Barry in a JSA movie.
    3) I am expecting...well, the JSA to be in a movie about the JSA. Let's see, get rid of Wonder Woman, Barry, and Aquaman, and you might be able to fit some more actual JSA members into it.

Yeah, the JSA was never going to get their own film, at least the first time out. I mean look at Titans and Suicide Squad, two far more popular and notorious teams in the DCU (sorry JSA fans it’s true) and they had to be anchored by the JL (Titans) and Batman (Suicide Squad) for their first animated films! Same thing with Justice League Dark (Batman). In terms of teams in the DCU, this is the hierarchy:

1) Justice League
    2) Teen Titans
    3) Suicide Squad
    4) Justice League Dark
    5) Doom Patrol/ JSA / Legion of Superheroes /Birds of Prey/ Outsiders (all are on equal footing here)

JSA is definitely above Legion of Superheroes in terms of support by DC. In particular because so many of their members cross over with Justice Leaguers, like Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkman, Black Canary, and now Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Also, Barry's mask just looks bad, I have no idea what they're doing with his nose, and Stana Katic seems to be doing a "trying way too hard to sound vaguely like Gal Gadot" voice, and I am not a huge fan so far. Maybe I'll feel differently when I hear more of it.
    The chinstrap is too big. I think this is the first time I've ever though the chinstrap on The Flash suit looked bad.

I think Katic is definitely going for an accent like Gadot's Diana, but she sounds more Russian.
    Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    1) Yes, no doubt. Which is a problem.
    2) It seems way too much Barry in a JSA movie.
    3) I am expecting...well, the JSA to be in a movie about the JSA. Let's see, get rid of Wonder Woman, Barry, and Aquaman, and you might be able to fit some more actual JSA members into it.
    I think it's mostly Diana with Barry as a POV character.

The JSA are still in a movie about the JSA. Hopefully Barry and Arthur will function well within the story of the movie and not completely overshadow the JSA.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Hey, hey! I get it. We all know he's a douche. But Kamandi has his fans too damn it!

I shall never forgive Kamandi for co-opting cut-off jeans from the gay community!

NEVER!

This makes two movies in a row that I really hope get a sequel. I wonder if I'll feel the same way about JSA WWII. I'll almost certainly want a Long Halloween sequel, since Dark Victory is my favorite Batman comic, though that isn't quite the same thing.
    I'd really like to see the Fatal Five movie get a followup and thought that that Wonder Woman: Bloodlines film had a lot of sequel hooks for a piece of a series that was one step away from its finale (heck, I wouldn't care if they just decided to ignore the animated movie continuity and just did a continuation that was its own thing).

...Stana Katic seems to be doing a "trying way too hard to sound vaguely like Gal Gadot" voice, and I am not a huge fan so far. Maybe I'll feel differently when I hear more of it.
    Gonna bet we're going to be hearing a lot more of that, like how a lot of Joker actors model themselves after Mark Hamill, or how Sir Patrick Stewart and J.K. Simmons are Professor X and J. Jonah Jameson for Marvel.

Anyone else notice that the side of the box-art for Man of Tomorrow and Soul of the Dragon match up at the top to form a big "D", presumably with the next two forming a "C"? I think it's real neat, haha!
    Wonder what they'll do when they run out of letters?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

so no alan?

maybe the other half of the jsa are working on a different mission...

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    so no alan?

maybe the other half of the jsa are working on a different mission...
    No, he'd compete too much with Diana for being the big gun of the team.

Hey look on the bright side, DC seemed to have realized they can use somebody other than Batman to boost other teams. In this case, it's Wonder Woman, Barry Allen and Aquaman.

This movie seems to be juggling a lot of elements. What is the plot again? They need to find the thingamajik that could turn the tide of the war for the Allies?

I can understand not wanting too many big guns on a JSA team and I think they want to tie this into future JLA and Flash projects as well. Hopefully if this works out we will get more of the classic members.

If they want a character who is ultra powerful loose canon for Diana to negotiate with, why not the Spectre? I will give the movie a chance to convince me otherwise though but this feels like Aquaman as Namor to me.

Canary is in this but gets no spotlight. It looks like they just gave her the sonic cry. The GA Canary had a lot of distinctive elements. She didn't have canary cry but she could talk to birds which was amusing. If they are going with the legacy element I guess the canary cry could be something that was passed down.

Not a fan of Hourman. I would prefer he be replaced with someone like Dr Mid-nite or Wildcat.

Lots of nitpicks but we will see how this goes. I will support this. Especially if it means we can get more of the classic members on the roster.

The more I think about it though, the more I think that the JSA needs either an entire series focused on them to do them justice or they need a couple of solo ventures first before assembling as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Hey look on the bright side, DC seemed to have realized they can use somebody other than Batman to boost other teams. In this case, it's Wonder Woman, Barry Allen and Aquaman.

This movie seems to be juggling a lot of elements. What is the plot again? They need to find the thingamajik that could turn the tide of the war for the Allies?

I can understand not wanting too many big guns on a JSA team and I think they want to tie this into future JLA and Flash projects as well. Hopefully if this works out we will get more of the classic members.

If they want a character who is ultra powerful loose canon for Diana to negotiate with, why not the Spectre? I will give the movie a chance to convince me otherwise though but this feels like Aquaman as Namor to me.

Canary is in this but gets no spotlight. It looks like they just gave her the sonic cry. The GA Canary had a lot of distinctive elements. She didn't have canary cry but she could talk to birds which was amusing. If they are going with the legacy element I guess the canary cry could be something that was passed down.

Not a fan of Hourman. I would prefer he be replaced with someone like Dr Mid-nite or Wildcat.

Lots of nitpicks but we will see how this goes. I will support this. Especially if it means we can get more of the classic members on the roster.

The more I think about it though, the more I think that the JSA needs either an entire series focused on them to do them justice or they need a couple of solo ventures first before assembling as a team.
    Yeah, homogenizing the Canaries is just something that was bound to happen. I loved that Dinah had a power her mother didn't but did not make her identity around it. From top to bottom, Dinah always made her own decisions like her mother before her.

It looks like they're just interchangeable now, which is really sad.