Page 96 of 155 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2315

New logline for the movie:

Barry Allen’s relaxing trip to Metropolis is about to go sideways. While speeding off to help in an impromptu battle, The Flash blazes and rips through time, only to find himself dropped into the middle of World War II. It’s here that The Flash meets Wonder Woman and her top secret team, known as the Justice Society of America. Witness the raging tides of war, gripping combat and the velocity of valor as The Flash fights to get back to his own timeline!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    If they wanted to connect the continuities, I doubt they'd do that. Just isn't the same Flash this time.
    My impression is they're going about it subtly, so this could just be a rebooted version of Barry who doesn't remember the past timelines because of the two Flashpoints.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Wow, that JSA trailer actively made me not excited to see that movie.

Why on Earth do people think they can improve the classic Infantino Flash duds?
    Other than the chinstrap, which I agree doesn't look great here, it looks like a pretty basic Flash costume.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It's Batman. So it might get a bigger budget than other projects. I hope it's something close to Tim Sale's art style. Seeing that animated would be a treat. Saying his art is eye candy would be an understatement.
    God I hope not. For actual adaptations, I want something more inspired by the actual comics being adapted.
    I could see them viewing Tim Sales' artwork as being too difficult to properly adapt into animation.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It’s cool that we’re getting a JSA movie but like others have already said, I wish there more members. Flash and Wonder Woman are already in every Justice League animated movie so I’m not super excited about their appearance here. I understand a big plot point of the movie is assembling a team of meta humans to stop the Nazis. So non-powered characters like Wildcat, Starman, Sandman, and The Atom wouldn’t work with the story. I wish they would have added someone like Amazing Man to make the lineup a bit more interesting.
    That would have been nice.

In addition to that, the absence of Green Lantern & Wildcat are more strikes, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My impression is they're going about it subtly, so this could just be a rebooted version of Barry who doesn't remember the past timelines because of the two Flashpoints.
    My impression is they're not doing it at all, subtly or otherwise. But then, both our impressions probably have more to do with what we want than anything else.

I could see them viewing Tim Sales' artwork as being too difficult to properly adapt into animation.
    For all the many, many, many faults of their adaptation of The Killing Joke, I think they did alright aping something like the art from that, which is almost as difficult. They could do similar here.

My impression is they're not doing it at all, subtly or otherwise. But then, both our impressions probably have more to do with what we want than anything else.
    Probably too soon to say, one way or another .
    For all the many, many, many faults of their adaptation of The Killing Joke, I think they did alright aping something like the art from that, which is almost as difficult. They could do similar here.
    I think Bolland is, to some extent, easier to adapt from.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Other than the chinstrap, which I agree doesn't look great here, it looks like a pretty basic Flash costume.
    Oh, there's that and then there's the completely superfluous extra flash lightning symbol on top of the lightning belt.

Because that's exactly what that outfit needed. More lightning stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Oh, there's that and then there's the completely superfluous extra flash lightning symbol on top of the lightning belt.

Because that's exactly what that outfit needed. More lightning stuff.
    The belt did look more prominent. Were they going for the TV belt?

Probably too soon to say, one way or another .

I think Bolland is, to some extent, easier to adapt from.
    I honestly wouldn't know. I'm not an animator. But I'd still rather they try it than use a pre-existing style. The art is so much ingrained as a part of it, that even if it is meager I'd rather they try and shoot for something like it within reason than not at all.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EtZcvi9V...jpg&name=large

If you zoom in on the box art of JS: WWII, you can see Hawkgirl and Aquaman's trident on the image in the upper left corner. With Martian Manhunter already introduced in Superman: Man of Tomorrow, seems like a foregone conclusion this animated universe will be using Snyder's JL Rebirth line-up.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-05-2021 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

If you zoom in on the box art of JS: WWII, you can see Hawkgirl and Aquaman's trident on the image in the upper left corner. With Martian Manhunter already introduced in Superman: Man of Tomorrow, seems like a foregone conclusion this animated universe will be using Snyder's JL Rebirth line-up.
    I wonder if she's going to get cut like Brainiac was presumably from Man of Tomorrow (unless long-term he ends up being the threat that unites this version of the Justice League).

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

I mean, didn't the box for Soul of the Dragon share art on this? And that is not in any universe with anything.

I mean, didn't the box for Soul of the Dragon share art on this? And that is not in any universe with anything.
    Did it? I thought they skipped over Soul of the Dragon and the box art is for Butch Lukic films.

Did it? I thought they skipped over Soul of the Dragon and the box art is for Butch Lukic films.
    I have no clue - I think I read it did, but I've never bothered looking on the box.

That might be the worst Wonder Woman hair of all time, if is not the worst is one of.

Why would you choose to draw her hair like a cone? Looks she is using the top of the helmet that Red Hood had in Morrison''s Batman and Robin.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    That might be the worst Wonder Woman hair of all time, if is not the worst is one of.

Why would you choose to draw her hair like a cone? Looks she is using the top of the helmet that Red Hood had in Morrison''s Batman and Robin.
    It's supposed to be evoking her Golden Age hairstyle.

It's supposed to be evoking her Golden Age hairstyle.
    But this is much better

than this

But it's a minor complaint, i'll wait to see the final product.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.