Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I’m just thankful to read a thread that isn’t about Scott/Jean/Logan/Emma/Storm.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    My take on the Jeph Loeb-penned Benjamin Russell story is that he seemed to be hinting at Spiral being Shatty's mother, with Benjamin being his twin brother. I find Peter David's solution much more elegant and straightforward (at least as far as X-Men origins go!) but yeah, it doesn't really take into account the Benjamin Russell stuff.
    As odd as could be, I also like PAD's solution --it's original at least, and loops are something very intrinsic to Wildways.

As for Benjamin Russell, I recently read this in fektinglongshot:

polarvortcx:

@fektinglongshot �� ’d for a starter

Bobby holds up his hand after about a minute of listening to the group of other’s talk. With a sigh, he shakes his head and just grumbles. “Okay, wait, wait, wait. Longshot. Dude. My buddy, my guy. I’m going to be honest with you here, I don’t get it at all. So are you like….” he pauses, unsure if the subject was taboo or not. “So look, are you his dad or not, because I’m hella confused right now.”

Hearing Bobby address him he glances over with one of those trademark beaming smiles. Almost irritating. “Oh that? It is a bit confusing isn’t it? Technically hes both my father and my son. Time travel is involved also cloning and genetic manipulations. “ He waves a four fingered hand nonchalantly.

“Mojoworld is parallel to this one, so you see when I came here I understood the ramifications. I think Benjamin Russell is the son of Spiral and myself.” He isnt too sure but it made sense to him. “So after we transfered Shatterstar’s soul to Benjamins body and it was accepted he merged into his parrallel selfs body. Understood?” He continued regardless because rambling was Longshot’s secondary mutation. “ To conclude Shatterstar now in Benjamins body, which is also his own, was sent back into Mojoworld and 100 years before his birth. The creator Arize found him and uses him as a genetic template for my creation. So I’m technically not his true son but I am his true father. “
    Again, it's just fan theory. Loeb is the only one who knows what he meant (if he meant something) by making Spiral say that Ben and 'Star meant 'more than her own life' to her.

Quote Originally Posted by planetxmen View Post
    I’m just thankful to read a thread that isn’t about Scott/Jean/Logan/Emma/Storm.
    Thanks. I completely understand you, and I can assure we do our best

Cable #151

Phoenix Resurrection

Any chance that these three have a word about their...issue?

Fanfiction by Daisy-Draws-Things:

This is roughly my headcanon, too. Just without so many Dazzler memories, though.

Of course.

No need to hide that any longer.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Alison only ever wanted Longshot in order to posses something that Rogue could not. With Rogue out of the picture, Alison lost interest.
    I agree with this and it should be noted that Ali was so extra at the end of CC’s run that her matcha female chauvinism in how she would like cuckold Havik every time she was him and like slap Colossus rear- Ali just wanted Lingshit around so she’s have a damsel to save on the regular.

I feel like Ali knows, y’all.i mean there’s having ur memory wipes but like I feel like deep down Ali knows something is up and just doesn’t acknowledge it because it’s not her favorite thing about the x-men is that they’ve traditionally ducked with the timeline that as occupational hazard is like having to share space with your probably post apocalyptic alt timeline kid.

The way it would go down this talk would be like after some light battle while people are arguing where to eat or like Magic’s mutant healing or having a beer or whatever these freaks do after intense moments of fighting... Shatterstar tried to have a moment with Dazzler and being the skilled reader of body language and perhaps possesomg a smidgin of esp, Ali just stops him there mid sentence and lays it flat. “She knows. She’s read the entire X-men protocol files like 3times now since Cerebra went rogue and she’s still an A+ apple shiner valedictorian so she knows Gaveedra and knows that THEY’RE ( Gaveedra is so gender fluid, duh) about to drop the bomb that he’s her kid and that she’s flattered but They don’t have to do this weird alt dimension dance anyway don’t they continue to be colleagues and friends and she can hear all about his home dimension sometime.

Which is when Gaveedra politely informs her that they are indeed same timeline, same dimension. Same Universe biorelated at which shuts Dazzler up, a softness cascades her posture as she takes in fully the sight of her son, somehow. And little twinkling Christmas light appear in the corners of her eyes and she asks something like a mom who hasn’t seen their kid in years would ask about hugging them to which Gaveedra steps swoopingly into. Some natal part of them pushing their huper reflexive body into the shape of a child the crown of his bean meeting the crook of her neck in the warmest cold embrace, two bookends of a cruel fate.

They make the play of doting mother and fragile child for a few moments and she asks if they resented her in any way and she like moves their hair from their face in an affectionate reassessment of that which hath been born from her loins. Gaveedra pondering the concept of a mother being completely a social construct nevertheless the entreating eyes he’s giving his mom are finally starting to get to uncanny valley weird and they both return to the professional dissonance of intimate colleagues but both appreciate the gesture and moreso appreciate the fact they’ve gotten all this awkward **** out of the way.

The only thing that’s would make this complete is if Ali had a daughter with the Beyonder out there somewhere.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Should Shatterstar (if still alive) tell his parents that he's their son?

I mean, I would wanna know if I had a full grown child running around. HELL, Scott and Jean could write a book on this subject. Lol

Sorry, just reread some old X-Factor issues and I really wanna see the look on Dazzler and Longshot's faces when Shatterstars explain his origin...lol
    Yes, for sure. I'd like to see that happen. They really are a very special family.
    I love Dazzler, Longshot and Shatterstar.

It’s time this fledgling family get the same amount of storytelling that the Braddock and the Summer-Greys get. They all need to be in a maxi together. I love Gaveedra having the reflexes of their father and balletic grace and warrior spirit of their mother.

If anyone cares, a couple of months back Liefeld tweeted a confirmation that he always intended Gaveedra to be a Dazzler/Longshot lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Ali just wanted Lingshit around so she’s have a damsel to save on the regular.
    Agree. One thing I find interesting in Longshot is how gender roles blow up or swap around him. It was already so in his former mini with Rita, where he was called names as 'girl' and she acted and thought about herself as a 'man', and their relationship was so egalitarian. This exacerbated with Alison, since her nature is more domineering, so back then it was something usual to see her leading him by the hand or him riding pillion on her bike, as well as Longshot witnessing Ali's performance on the rear in a passive way and in the end being lifted up on the stage as a trophy. It was colorful...till word 'property' was pronounced and Longshot's teeth set on edge.

I feel like Ali knows, y’all.i mean there’s having ur memory wipes but like I feel like deep down Ali knows something is up and just doesn’t acknowledge it because it’s not her favorite thing about the x-men is that they’ve traditionally ducked with the timeline that as occupational hazard is like having to share space with your probably post apocalyptic alt timeline kid.

The way it would go down this talk would be like after some light battle while people are arguing where to eat or like Magic’s mutant healing or having a beer or whatever these freaks do after intense moments of fighting... Shatterstar tried to have a moment with Dazzler and being the skilled reader of body language and perhaps possesomg a smidgin of esp, Ali just stops him there mid sentence and lays it flat. “She knows. She’s read the entire X-men protocol files like 3times now since Cerebra went rogue and she’s still an A+ apple shiner valedictorian so she knows Gaveedra and knows that THEY’RE ( Gaveedra is so gender fluid, duh) about to drop the bomb that he’s her kid and that she’s flattered but They don’t have to do this weird alt dimension dance anyway don’t they continue to be colleagues and friends and she can hear all about his home dimension sometime.

Which is when Gaveedra politely informs her that they are indeed same timeline, same dimension. Same Universe biorelated at which shuts Dazzler up, a softness cascades her posture as she takes in fully the sight of her son, somehow. And little twinkling Christmas light appear in the corners of her eyes and she asks something like a mom who hasn’t seen their kid in years would ask about hugging them to which Gaveedra steps swoopingly into. Some natal part of them pushing their huper reflexive body into the shape of a child the crown of his bean meeting the crook of her neck in the warmest cold embrace, two bookends of a cruel fate.

They make the play of doting mother and fragile child for a few moments and she asks if they resented her in any way and she like moves their hair from their face in an affectionate reassessment of that which hath been born from her loins. Gaveedra pondering the concept of a mother being completely a social construct nevertheless the entreating eyes he’s giving his mom are finally starting to get to uncanny valley weird and they both return to the professional dissonance of intimate colleagues but both appreciate the gesture and moreso appreciate the fact they’ve gotten all this awkward **** out of the way.
    This could be good. Still it remains the issue about Longshot not telling Dazzler which he knew a long time ago, but I hope she could understand it was Shatterstar's wish.

It’s time this fledgling family get the same amount of storytelling that the Braddock and the Summer-Greys get. They all need to be in a maxi together. I love Gaveedra having the reflexes of their father and balletic grace and warrior spirit of their mother.
    I would prefer a mini to clear this matter up, then each one follow his/her own different way.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    If anyone cares, a couple of months back Liefeld tweeted a confirmation that he always intended Gaveedra to be a Dazzler/Longshot lovechild.
    I sure rather would like better a lovechild of sexual partners than a cute baby of oversweet and fake husband and wife (yes, I'm talking to you, Lobdell & Lee).

Shatterstar solo series announced:

https://news.marvel.com/comics/90695...a-solo-series/

What was Seeley’s pitch for this new book? “When the life he built crumbles, Shatterstar is forced to ask himself if he truly ever gave up the gladiator ring. The series will be part John Wick, a dash of Will Eisner’s A Contract with God, and infused with lots of lots of interdimensional X-Men Super Hero mythos.” Speaking specifically about that X-Men lore, Seeley says he was inspired by classic ’80s and ’90s X-Men stories: “I really stuck close to the Fabian Nicieza, Rob Liefeld stuff—especially those last few issues of NEW MUTANTS where you can see the purest form of this guy. I also really leaned on the LONGSHOT limited series by Ann Nocenti and Art Adams, as well as the ‘Shattershot’ storyline from the old X-Men annuals.”

I wanna see a scene where someone tries to kill Dazzler and Shatterstar screams "Mom!?!"
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Dazzler is avoiding Shatterstar because she knows they’re her kid. Awkward.