Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

I actually do quite like PAD's origin for them as well. It's appropriately wack, and a classic golden age sci-fi trope.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I actually do quite like PAD's origin for them as well. It's appropriately wack, and a classic golden age sci-fi trope.
    HA Duse me to....I thought it was a perfect way to tie up the dangled plotlines, false starts, etc that surrounded the connection between Longshot and Shatty. Definitely better story then what we got involving a certain 3rd Summers brother...
    #jussayin
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

PAD’s Shatterstar origin is just like Ricochet Rita and Spiral’s origin. A literal closed loop. So it fits in with its Mojoverse roots.

Gambit had a lot of things over Longshot that made him more popular in the 90s. He was diverse (Cajun), smoked, had a staff, wasn’t naive, a unique ability with the playing cards, while Longshot just had knives.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 06-14-2020 at 03:41 PM.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Gambit had a lot of things over Longshot that made him more popular in the 90s. He was diverse (Cajun), smoked, had a staff, wasn’t naive, a unique ability with the playing cards, while Longshot just had knives.
    Well, I find that 'Longshot just had knives' is a bit reductionist view of the character, don't you think? Throughout the six issues of his former limited series were showed multiple powers, traits, background, supporting characters, flaws, strengths, skills, a whole universe and a self-story. If you mean that the majority think Gambit was (is) 'cooler' because he's roguish, cocky, tough and all that stuff, that I'm not going to refute it.
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 06-16-2020 at 01:53 AM.

Flacko Bayo

I haven't made a profile to an online forum in over a decade and I probly wont keep this one but i just wanted to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to EVERYONE here involved in this conversation.. its impossible to get youtubers to cover this as they're all just in it for the $$ and this storyline doesn't drive clicks like covering whatever fox was messing up over the years or this weeks speculations about when marvel studios is gonna premier who and what from the x-men..

i find this storyline criminally underrated. We get all the same storylines over and over and over again.. we get it cyclops/jean/havoc/cable/rachel are important but they're not the begin all and end all and some of us are thirsty for stories that are complicated and not as regurgitated as theirs.. this fits that!

not only the complicated situation w/ the father/son/son/father/grandfather/grandson/etc etc.. but also the VILLAINY! Mojo is responsible for a LOT of this complicated situation that's been being discussed so eloquently and perfectly here. He's really TWISTED. Like between the craziness of the ricochet rita/spiral story to this story to how they're probably still linked? THATS what a great villain is made of.. complicated, far reaching with further reaching consequences schemes that show how dark your mind is.

idk i found this entire thread extremely satisfying to read and just wanted to come and give thanks to all contributors for making my day.

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

This is an intriguing thread. Many thanks for dusting it off and giving it renewed life.

I've noticed that with the Dawn of X reboot and the establishment of Krakoa it appears that Xavier and, by extension, his X-Men are almost akin to having royalty-status among the rest of the mutants.

As the child of two established X-Men that places Shatterstar in a particularly inclusive clique: A true second generation X-Men offspring. The only other I can think of is;
    Rachel Summers (Cyclops x Jean Grey)
    (If here are others please let me know. I'm not including alternate realities or timelines. Just present day established characters.)

Back to the main question: "Should the truth be told?" Shatterstar is about as confrontational as characters go, before and after the PAD "reboot", and not particularly subtle with his actions or his opinions. If he wanted Dazzler to know the truth, he would have told her by now. Additionally, the act of wiping her memory is probably something he'd be determined to take to the grave. It was a necessary act, but it's also something he wouldn't be proud of admitting to doing because it resembles the hollowing/mindwipes that Mojo inflicted so many times on Longshot. It crossed a line and deep down I think he knows that.
    Last edited by Solitaryhawk; 06-27-2020 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Oops