Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by D.Grayson View Post
    Awesome point made here! I feel the premise of the series could be taken in so many directions, that it's not just limited to Batman saying "stop spyral from outting my secret identity." It really lends itself to branch off into other heroes books etc. Who knows it could become an ongoing thing where upon victory in big events we see Dick off in the background in disguise, and you begin to realize times he subtly turned the tide in the storyline to help assure victory for the good guys.
    I don't see them going in quite that direction (off in the background ... etc). That type of role is fitting for a character whose history, identity, and motivations are mysterious. One thinks of the classic versions of the Phantom Stranger, or perhaps the Watcher from the Marvel universe. It also works best for an older and/or more cerebral character. Mycroft Holmes comes to mind in that regard. Dick is much too well-known (to readers) and much too associated with action and movement for the "mystery man in the crowd" trope to work. That isn't to say that Dick might not be involved in events working behind the scenes. But I suspect the readers would probably know what he has done and follow his adventures, rather than being left to suspect and wonder.

BANNED

[QUOTE=Badou;226528]If his "work" didn't feel like such an ass pull then maybe I could get behind it more. Having to lie to the people he is closest to because Bruce thinks he should while going on a mission Bruce can't be bothered with to deal with himself just bugs me. I seriously doubt that Spyral going after other heroes will have any lasting impact, given there was no set up for it aside from a horribly rushed Nightwing #30 and DC had no plans to use Spyral until Seeley brought them back from the dead. This all just feels like a holding place for Dick until they figure out what to do next to me still.

If Bruce is concerned about Spyral, he should go deal with them himself. I'd be okay with Dick doing the Bat-Gig again. You're right, it feels like they threw the baby out with the bathwater just for Johns' big event to promote Lex Luthor, and left Seeley & Co to pick up the pieces.