Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default New 52 Steve Trevor, Thoughts?

What are everyone's thoughts about Steve's characterization in the New 52?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 7-Love View Post
    What are everyone's thoughts about Steve's characterization in the New 52?
    Sexy as hell
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Not having read much of Wonder Woman, the New 52 Justice League has been my main exposure to Steve.

And he's awesome.

Frankly, DC has given him the role Nightwing used to have, as the dude with the connection to everyhero. If Waller is the DC!Fury, Trevor is DC!Coulson, and I really think that he should be more exposed than he currently is.

He reminds me of a blond Chris Redfield from Resident Evil. I miss dudesel in distress Steve, myself.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by girlverine View Post
    Not having read much of Wonder Woman, the New 52 Justice League has been my main exposure to Steve.

And he's awesome.

Frankly, DC has given him the role Nightwing used to have, as the dude with the connection to everyhero. If Waller is the DC!Fury, Trevor is DC!Coulson, and I really think that he should be more exposed than he currently is.

Steve hasn't appeared in Wonder Woman's New 52 solo so you haven't missed anything. He has appeared in Superman/Wonder Woman a few times though.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Might become an indenpendent character... if Johns would just let him be something other than Diana's pining ex.

I think the New 52 version is a step in the right direction. It's a crime Perez aged him so much during the Post-Crisis reboot. I do think Johns and DC in general try too hard to make Steve badass, but whatevs. I'm just glad he's young and hot again, and there's the potential of him reuniting with Diana.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Might become an indenpendent character... if Johns would just let him be something other than Diana's pining ex.
    Steve still can be Wonder Woman boyfriend.

steve got young again, work on ARGUS. these are very good choices. about personalityI would want a less Boring military persona nad more a fun/nerdy like he was on argus mini

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I think the New 52 version is a step in the right direction. It's a crime Perez aged him so much during the Post-Crisis reboot. I do think Johns and DC in general try too hard to make Steve badass, but whatevs. I'm just glad he's young and hot again, and there's the potential of him reuniting with Diana.

Co-signed 100%.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    Steve still can be Wonder Woman boyfriend.
    rather not.

BANNED

New 52 Steve is better than Pre-FP's Steve 'The Sidekick' Trevor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by girlverine View Post

Ooooo, I LIKE that!

Keep Calm and call for Steve Trevor.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

If we're stuck with Steve Fury of A.R.G.U.S., and it seems that we are, make the most of it. I'd like some writer to make Steve's government connection useful in stories, with Steve being the most trusted and capable of Wonder Woman's small circle of skilled companions - Diana's Army.

I'd also like to see ARGUS become more militaristic and renamed, appropriately. Like 'Advanced Reconnaissance Geo-command of the United States'...something that sounds more grounded in reality and comparable to Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. The name should sound like someone tried, ..really hard.

As for the romantic thing, I want more tension, than commitment. I don't think Wonder Woman has time for a boyfriend.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 02-08-2016 at 02:39 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    If we're stuck with Steve Fury of A.R.G.U.S., and it seems that we are, make the most of it. I'd like some writer to make Steve's government connection useful in stories, with Steve being the most trusted and capable of Wonder Woman's small circle of skilled companions - Diana's Army.

I'd also like to see ARGUS become more militaristic and renamed, appropriately. Like 'Advanced Reconnaissance Geo-command of the United States'...something that sounds more grounded in reality and comparable to Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. The name should sound like someone tried, ..really hard.

As for the romantic thing, I want more tension, than commitment. I don't think Wonder Woman has time for a boyfriend.
    They could just call it Argus. No reason it has to be an acronym. And I disagree it has to be a strictly US based organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    They could just call it Argus. No reason it has to be an acronym. And I disagree it has to be a strictly US based organization.
    How Azarelloan? Like the Townhouse or the Apartment? Do you have any similar fictional organizations in mind, Zee?

I disagree, ..of course.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 02-08-2016 at 03:43 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!