Default Old man logan 3 preview

image.jpg

Love the art

UGh the Art looks way to much like a failed attempt at copying Bladerunner

I'm sorry but as much as everyone loves this art, I just can't get into it. I mean sure, I get that it's supposed to be dark and gritty looking but it just doesn't compare to the original OML story in style or quality. Also not a fan how he draws Logan, making his wrinkles look like his face is cracking and his hair looking too white and fuzzy.

I love this art.
    And I'm starting like old man Logan as a normal person and not a muscular superhero in tights.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    image.jpg

Love the art
    Agreed. Andrea Sorrentino's art is perfect for Old Man Logan. It's dark, it's gritty, and it highlights the violence in all the right ways. It's one of the many ways that this series has been awesome.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Oh my Kate Bishop is in that one. The comic keeps getting better it seems.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Agreed. Andrea Sorrentino's art is perfect for Old Man Logan. It's dark, it's gritty, and it highlights the violence in all the right ways. It's one of the many ways that this series has been awesome.
    Agree with all of this. Yes, Logan doesn't look as muscular here as he does when drawn by other artists, but neither does anyone else. Sorrentino's style is just much more grounded. Do agree with Kurolegacy on the wrinkles though. Could do with a few less of those TBH. Otherwise, though, the art's perfect for this book.

BANNED

I don't accept the artwork for this book. It's ugly to look at, reminds me of Jae Lee in the worst of ways. Logan's face is like a mask... like he is wearing an old man mask for Halloween, it's creepy. Katie looks even creepier, unless the intent was to make her as scary/intimidating as possible.

The art also looks rather stiff.
    This along with New Avengers are two books I would buy if they had different artists.

I'm also disappointed they seemed to ignore Old Man Logan's 500+ years spent with Fantastic Force as the Hooded Man.

I also dislike that Hulk Jr. is not a supporting character in this book. OML was practically the boy's father!
    Last edited by Vernedi; 02-09-2016 at 03:17 AM.

This OML didn't spend 500+ years with Fantastic Force because Secret Wars took him from much earlier in the timeline, before all that happened. So that's why it's being ignored. Hasn't happened to him yet, and now it looks like it never well...to this version at least. There's some version in an alternate timeline where all of that still happens.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This OML didn't spend 500+ years with Fantastic Force because Secret Wars took him from much earlier in the timeline, before all that happened. So that's why it's being ignored. Hasn't happened to him yet, and now it looks like it never well...to this version at least. There's some version in an alternate timeline where all of that still happens.
    So I'm guessing this OML is from before he defeated Papa Banner and adopted baby Hulk Jr.

I would pay for a book showcasing the Hooded Man and Hulk Jr. on Earth Prime. Then again, Marvel wouldn't let me have Annie May Parker and Lucy Rand (Renew Your Vows and Secret Love, respectively)... what an awful new universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernedi View Post
    So I'm guessing this OML is from before he defeated Papa Banner and adopted baby Hulk Jr.

I would pay for a book showcasing the Hooded Man and Hulk Jr. on Earth Prime. Then again, Marvel wouldn't let me have Annie May Parker and Lucy Rand (Renew Your Vows and Secret Love, respectively)... what an awful new universe.
    No he's from after that since Banner Jr. Was shown back in the first issue of the Secret Wars mini. Though oddly so was someone who wasn't in the original story Danielle Cage.

I for one would read a book about how Logan brought justice back to his world, especially since Ashley Barton was in Spider-Verse, meaning he didn't kill her and possibly straightened her out.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 02-09-2016 at 03:45 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    No he's from after that since Banner Jr. Was shown back in the first issue of the Secret Wars mini. Though oddly so was someone who wasn't in the original story Danielle Cage.

I for one would read a book about how Logan brought justice back to his world, especially since Ashley Barton was in Spider-Verse, meaning he didn't kill her and possibly straightened her out.
    That book would be awesome! And it would give me an excuse to have some connection to Fantastic Force, maybe show OML becoming Hooded Man. I'm pretty sure Hulk Jr. helped in restoring justice to the world.
    Last edited by Vernedi; 02-09-2016 at 08:43 PM.