Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    The hate is because in some ways Marvel is trying to phase out mutants, aka the X-books, and replace them with Inhuman books. All because of the movie rights issues. So you get a lot of X-fans who resent this. Marvel obviously isn't trying to kill the X-line as it continues to be a top seller, they had their top writer (Bendis) on the books for the last few years, but they have marginalized them in terms of toys, games, etc and certain plot lines like the retcon of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch where they aren't mutants and the children of Magneto.
    This is a very accurate recap INHO. It is a shame that Marvel/Disney is being so stubborn with some of these issues and trying to force their way due to things like movie rights and thereby promoting or neglecting certain properties and characters.

Personally, I would love to see MORE crossovers between properties like the X-Men, the Inhumans and even throw the Eternals into the mix. A team-up story with say Emma Frost, Rogue, Spider-Gwen, Kamala (Ms. Marvel), Medusa, Crystal and Sersi? Sign me up.

Just like Nova and Marvel cosmic. As a huge Richard Rider fan I would kill to see a team book, limited series, etc. where a collection of Richard, Sam, Quasar, Jane Foster/Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Gamora and Rocket take on some bad guys. Maybe even throw in a proper Adam Warlock and Pip the Troll as well.

To me, it just seems like Marvel is missing so many terrific opportunities to mix and match characters, personalities, powers and legacy heroes. They really could be cross-promoting and selling so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post
    Aaaaaah, so much fail in January.

Squirrel Girl is well within cancellation range, as it should be.

Many of the Marvel books are either falling (Squadron Supreme, Nova and Star Lord are near cancellation range at issue 3, Patsy Walker is almost within cancellation range at issue 2) or within cancellation range already (Illuminati, Angela, Drax, Moon Girl, Weirdworld, Black Knight, Hercules, and poor Starbrand and Nightmask at 11.000 copies sold on issue 2).

DC continues to be the failure it has been since Convergence; Swamp Thing's first issue at 29.047 copies and Green Lantern Corps's first issue at 26.818 are jokes.

What Marvel and DC haven't realized is that they have both made great jumping off points nearly at the same time, between Convergence and Secret Wars. The comic sales are being carried by Star Wars and they are STILL less than one year ago; that's how bad the "big two" are selling. And I'm happy, because right now they deserve to sell that poorly.
    did you miss the 48% market share part or something?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by danteipp View Post
    To me, it just seems like Marvel is missing so many terrific opportunities to mix and match characters, personalities, powers and legacy heroes. They really could be cross-promoting and selling so much better.
    I thought that was exactly what they were doing: They have the Human Torch and the Beast in Uncanny Inhumans, the Thing and (Spider-Man related) Venom in Guardians of the Galaxy, an Uncanny Avengers Team featuring classic Avengers, Mutants and Inhumans, a New Avengers Team showcasing members of the Avengers, the New Mutants, the Young Avengers and the Thunderbolts.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    I thought that was exactly what they were doing: They have the Human Torch and the Beast in Uncanny Inhumans, the Thing and (Spider-Man related) Venom in Guardians of the Galaxy, an Uncanny Avengers Team featuring classic Avengers, Mutants and Inhumans, a New Avengers Team showcasing members of the Avengers, the New Mutants, the Young Avengers and the Thunderbolts.
    They are to a limited extent, but they could be doing so much more. They could easily sprinkle in some characters and increase sales in their books. You don't think bringing Richard Rider back and having him alongside Sam wouldn't significantly increase sales for Nova? Put Adam Warlock, written properly, back in GotG and you will def attract even more readers. There are a lot of fan favorites and cult characters that they could be using but aren't. I would love to see the Eternals used more. I was very happy to see Gilgamesh in Hercules. And, let's be honest, they are only using the Human Torch and Thing in those capacities because they ended the FF. And I would assume Venom in GotG was more due to his popularity and an obvious attempt to spike sales there, just like Iron Man's run with the team.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The X-Men have what ? 3-4 monthly books again ? If that is phasing them out , I'd hate to see what they'd be like without that. I think Marvel wants to put marketing behind the Inhumans because they plan a film there. I do wish they and Fox could work a deal out.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The X-Men have what ? 3-4 monthly books again ? If that is phasing them out , I'd hate to see what they'd be like without that. I think Marvel wants to put marketing behind the Inhumans because they plan a film there. I do wish they and Fox could work a deal out.
    They have Extradinary, Uncanny, All New, Old Man Logan, Deadpool off the top of my head. And an event (Apocalypse War) coming up. Plus Uncanny Avengers where half the team is mutants right now.

Inhumans has 2 books. 2.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They have Extradinary, Uncanny, All New, Old Man Logan, Deadpool off the top of my head. And an event (Apocalypse War) coming up. Plus Uncanny Avengers where half the team is mutants right now.

Inhumans has 2 books. 2.
    All New Inhumans, Karnak, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Ms Marvel and Uncanny Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    did you miss the 48% market share part or something?
    That doesn't matter when the overall sales are in the gutter and sinking.
    A whole slew of the newly launched books are already ready to be cancelled by issue 3.

You can have 100% of the market share and still fail spectacularly.
    Last edited by Cinnamon; 02-12-2016 at 11:48 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
    All New Inhumans, Karnak, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Ms Marvel and Uncanny Inhumans.

That doesn't matter when the overall sales are in the gutter and sinking.
    A whole slew of the newly launched books are already ready to be cancelled by issue 3.

You can have 100% of the market share and still fail spectacularly.
    You can't have 100% market share and be failing.

If by cancelling some books that aren't selling that means Marvel and DC are failing, then they have never been successful because they've always been cancelling low selling books.
    Last edited by Username taken; 02-13-2016 at 09:33 AM.

I remember when I was young and would see the Inhumans in the Marvel Handbooks... (and the Eternals)...
    And I'd wonder why these characters weren't being used. They looked cool.
    So much potential for new readers to come in at the ground floor without years of back-issues.

Now I see it must have been because the readers simply just hated them and the paper they were drawn on.

Oh, well... I guess comics will be stuck in the 80s and 90s for forever.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.