Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

it's nice to see uncanny x-men still placing so high for marvel, despite that dismal story the x-men franchise has been saddled with.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #4 only sold 19k+ but I know it will be safe because it'll do well on TPBs
    I find that important to note to in that not every title is inherently expected to be chart toppers.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Hopefully those dwindling Thor sales are an indication that we'll see the real Thor return some time soon. Fingers crossed.

I also hope that a few of the lesser-selling titles will be kept around for the fans, similarly to the way Superior Foes got extended even though the sales were low. I certainly don't want Contest of Champions to go anywhere.
    Well if they will replace Thor for selling 60.000 copies (way more than the 40.000 the previous Thor used to sell, considering this is a continuation of the previous run and not a real relaunch, and Marvel second best selling title after Amazing), don't expect they will keep publishing titles that sell around or below 20.000 That said, Thor is doing very well both in prints and in digital, where is one of the top books in the charts. The first collection of the previous run also did very well this month with 4.000 sales, so I don't see Marvel changing course.

Despite all the doom and gloom of the latest days, this month we can see that the new Wolverine is doing quite better than Logan did in the latest years with All New Wolverine selling almost 50.000 at the 4th issues and already stabilizing (just -1.99% drop), Thor keeps selling at quantities Odinson couldn't reach, Captain America stabilized at 29.000 at issue 5 (only -1.46% drop), same that you'd expect from a Steve Cap book, and the new Hulk did a good 40.000 copies for the 2nd issue. Ironically ,the worst performers among the classic character seems to be the only with the original character still in it, Iron Man at issue 5 it's still losing a lot of readers (14.60% drop). All in all doesn't seem Marvel push for diversity is doing so bad.
    Last edited by penthotal; 02-08-2016 at 06:22 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Well there is this character that's on my avatar incase you didn't notice.

There are some old Avengers like Hank Pym, Wonder Man, Tigra, Old Thor, Bruce Banner.
    A loooot of teen characters like Avengers Academy/Arena/Undercover, Runaways, New Warriors, Young Avengers, New X-Men.
    X-Men like Cyclops, Emma Frost, Havok, Gambit, Jubilee, Cannonball, Domino...
    Ghost Rider, Daimon Hellstrom, Satana, Elsa Bloodstone, Blade...
    Captain Britain, Union Jack and their crew.
    Ka-Zar, Shanna...

A lot of the characters you're mentioning here have had their shots in recent years & didn't do so hot so it's not really all that surprising that they put the characters back on the shelf for a bit before attempting anything more then cameo & background appearances.

Guardians of Infinity #2 (27,112) (Down 94k ) WOW.
    Endeavor to persevere.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    ... sales... considering the frequent posters that bring them up it's not hard to deduce why.
    ... maybe Marvel should use characters more people want...
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    ... who is still left out that isn't in a book now?...
    Well there is this character that's on my avatar in case you didn't notice. ...
    The crux of the matter, pretty much in a nutshell. Yet ANOTHER effort where there exists a rather transparent agenda, to create an atmosphere rife with discord & discontent - along with the perception of wrongdoing - to paint a picture of failure, allowing for the disgruntled to vent further & spew negativity at will. Ya know, basically, misery loves company... with an unhealthy side order of propaganda tactics.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-08-2016 at 07:21 PM.

I'm sad to see Starbrand & Nightmask down at the bottom. I am actually really loving this series. I figured it would be eventually cancelled though when I bought the first issue, but, I was kind of hoping I would be wrong.

Amazing Member

Guardins of Infinity#1 was the free comic with Mavel Collectors Corps. This explains the huge drop, still dont think it is long for this world thou

Anything below 20k is getting canned. Patsy walker will end too. Extraordinary X-Men is bleeding out. Uncanny on #2 hit 55 if by #3 its 49k I'll be shocked. This actually looks terrible. There's less X-books on the market too I think.

Scarlet Witch #2 & All New inHumans on #3 at 25k. Well those books are gone too. Doesn't look like they'll get 12 issues either maybe 6.

Also Mighty Thor is doing well. As is Dr. Strange.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 02-08-2016 at 08:33 PM.

BANNED

The three best selling female sole titles on that list are:

1) The Mighty Thor
    2) Captain Marvel
    3) All New Wolverine

All three are characters that have taken their identities from other characters. They beat out the female led solo titles of new female characters like Silk, as well as long-time Marvel characters such as Scarlet Witch.

I'm honestly pretty happy that Vision's doing that well, even over some that I would consider fan-favourites, or at least clearer mass-appeal. Good word-of-mouth works!

Also let it not be understated that Wolverine, Spider-Man, and Deadpool are freakishly heads-and-shoulders more popular than everyone else, jeezus.

Edit: Sad to see New Avengers so down. I like the premise but I gotta admit, the plot is plodding. It's taken way too long for any sort of real antagonist or actual conflict to show up, 4-5 issues in, and that doesn't mesh well with the target demographic that the whole presentation attracts (using Sandoval art, I'd expect a lot more bombastic things happening constantly every issue).
    Last edited by Byakko; 02-08-2016 at 11:04 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post

1) The Mighty Thor
    2) Captain Marvel
    3) All New Wolverine

All three are characters that have taken their identities from other characters. They beat out the female led solo titles of new female characters like Silk, as well as long-time Marvel characters such as Scarlet Witch.
    Captain Marvel is on her first issue.

And the other two are taking the mantle of a popular character.

I would give more credit to the Spider-Gwen ongoing solo which has been consistently selling well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post

1) The Mighty Thor
    2) Captain Marvel
    3) All New Wolverine

Actually Captain Marvel will end up selling lower than a couple other female solo titles. That was her first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Captain Marvel is on her first issue.

And the other two are taking the mantle of a popular character.

I would give more credit to the Spider-Gwen ongoing solo which has been consistently selling well.
    Exactly.

BANNED

Actually Captain Marvel will end up selling lower than a couple other female solo titles. That was her first issue.
    Possibly.

There will be drop with issue #2, but depending how small or large the drop is, it still could be the fourth best selling solo female book from Marvel.

Discounting Captain Marvel, All-New Wolverine would be at number 2, with Spider-Gwen coming in at three. Two legacy characters, and a variation of another character.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Anything below 20k is getting canned. Patsy walker will end too. Extraordinary X-Men is bleeding out. Uncanny on #2 hit 55 if by #3 its 49k I'll be shocked. This actually looks terrible. There's less X-books on the market too I think.

Scarlet Witch #2 & All New inHumans on #3 at 25k. Well those books are gone too. Doesn't look like they'll get 12 issues either maybe 6.

Also Mighty Thor is doing well. As is Dr. Strange.
    I say Patsy might stay to at least 8 issues, Squirrel Girl gets by with digital sales, there are worse books than Patsy. Witch and AN Inhumans are ok for Marvel to keep them running, they at least need to cut out some of the fat like Starbrand and Howling Commandos.