Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Warner Bros. Has Plans for Deathstroke, "Arrow" Return Unlikely For Now

The "Arrow" EP revealed Deathstroke is "currently tied up" in another unspecified DC project, which may indicate the character is headed to film.

Full article here.

Quite frankly it sucks Warner Brothers is forcing characters off the show over this shit. Do they really think fans are so stupid they can't understand simultaneous versions of the same character? What's going to happen when the Flash movie comes out? They gonna just cancel the show?
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Amazing Member

The whole point of keeping separate continuities was to allow film and television more creative freedom, much like what the video game and cartoons enjoy. This is the opposite of that.

The concept of a multiverse has already been successfully introduced. If they're worried that general audiences won't understand the notion of alternate versions of even the most popular characters then the studio needs to stop hitting the reboot button so frequently.

It's a good thing that they have separate TV and film universes. (sarcasm)
    XMenGold XMenBlue GenX Cable Iceman AstonishingXMen UncannyAvengers SpectacularSpiderMan SecretWarriors DoctorStrange
    TheFlash Nightwing Supersons TeenTitans Aquaman Deathstroke WildStorm Saga Wicked+Divine Low Descender KillorbeKilled SeventoEternity

Its best they don't get to use Deathstroke anymore anyway
    Manu Bennett was very vocal about his issues with the writing for Deathstroke in season 3
    I doubt they could or would want him back anyway even though the show dropped in quality dramatically once Slade exited

Fictional Computer Hacker August_Gorman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Quite frankly it sucks Warner Brothers is forcing characters off the show over this shit. Do they really think fans are so stupid they can't understand simultaneous versions of the same character? What's going to happen when the Flash movie comes out? They gonna just cancel the show?
    I bet they will. Or Wally, or some other speedster will become the central character.
    ____

Currently Reading: The Amazing Spider-Man, Attack On Titan, Fight Club 2, On Guard We Stand, Ultimate End
    ____

Gus Gorman: "Hey, man!"
    Lorelei Ambrosia: "That's his last name. He likes to be called Superman."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by August_Gorman View Post
    I bet they will. Or Wally, or some other speedster will become the central character.
    They are not going to cancel the highest rated show on the CW it's ratings average is so high that the difference between Flash and the second highest rated show is 0.5 that's a higher rating than 5 of the 10 CW shows that aired last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Its best they don't get to use Deathstroke anymore anyway
    Manu Bennett was very vocal about his issues with the writing for Deathstroke in season 3
    I doubt they could or would want him back anyway even though the show dropped in quality dramatically once Slade exited
    Manu Bennett said in an interview about 2 weeks ago he was down for a return.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

His story is done anyway on Arrow.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

People like to say that people aren't dumb and can tell the difference between a TV and film character but you still have people ask if Amell and Gustin will show in Justice League. I don't think these people are dumb but just confused. No matter how many times WB and the actors say no and that things are separate the question is still there by the next person and the next. People do get confused by things like this. At least at first but there are a LOT of people that exist.

Flash and Green Arrow are likely in the clear because they're so successful. Part of me thinks that Arrow could get Deathstroke again if they made the case for having him as a season long villain or ally again. If it's just for a episode or two I think WB/DC Films is going to call rank and say they need him for something far more important.

I think (well wouldn't be surprised if) the TV shows in general likely have the ability to pull who they want if they can justify it to WB proper. That's why you can have Superman exist in Supergirl and even appear and talk with her to a degree. He's 100% integral to her world, story, and her as a person. Martian Manhunter is a main character in Supergirl that appears in every episode. Flash's story and development is dependent going forward on the inclusions of Wally West and Jay Garrick. Gotham can use who they can because their inclusions further adds to the mythos of Gotham City itself as it descends into hell and madness and directly influences young Bruce on his path to becoming Batman. Unless Deathstroke was going to be a big and/or significant player in a future season I could see there being an issue for them to justify claiming him. I think this is why Waller happen. They weren't using her. They didn't need the suicide squad around to use her. They likely could have made the case they need and want to use her more because of A, B, C, and D and the produced the story notes to show they were series.

Saying they'd like to use or have a character show up is different from showing they have plans to use this character for story reasons. WB likely has something significantly mapped out for Deathstroke the way they do for Waller, etc.
    Last edited by NeoStar9X; 02-08-2016 at 01:42 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NeoStar9X View Post
    People like to say that people aren't dumb and can tell the difference between a TV and film character but you still have people asj if Amell and Gustin will show in Justice League. I don't think these people are dumb but just confused. No matter how many times WB and the actors say no and that things are separate the question is still there by the next person and the next. People do get confused by things like this. At least at first but there are a LOT of people that exist.
    People aren't so dumb as they are ignorant of the facts. Most movie goers that were never into comics cannot understand why the studios don't try to work a deal to get Batman into Avengers. They aren't stupid, they just don't get that (A) they belong to different comics publishers, and (B) even if they didn't belong to different publishers, the movie rights belong to different studios. The average movie goer just doesn't get it.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    His story is done anyway on Arrow.
    He still try to get revenge against Ollie. Things can get even more personal between them if their children get involved.

Incredible Member

The restrictions are coming, the restrictions are coming.

BANNED

Good,now this means that Slade is up for a movie,I'm guessing he will be teased in Suicide Squad. Slade's best days are behind him on Arrow,who cares about him not showing up there? he's not a Green Arrow character to even begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Good,now this means that Slade is up for a movie,I'm guessing he will be teased in Suicide Squad. Slade's best days are behind him on Arrow,who cares about him not showing up there? he's not a Green Arrow character to even begin with.
    Katana's not a Suicide Squad character either. Hasn't stopped the movie from using her.

Even then that's not the point. The show should be free to use whatever character they like as it will ultimately have no effect on the movies.