Default Should marvel make a Gamora book now in time for the movie?

They would have made a ton if they had made the current black widow series just after the first avengers book.

Rhiannon Pratchett as the writer, Sarah pichelli as the artist = big bucks for marvel

BANNED

There is no way it could be out before the mid to late fall.

I don't know that the Black Widow book would have made "a ton" of money considering characters who had their own films prior to The Avengers (in Iron Man's case, two) can't even pull decent numbers.

I don't follow sales numbers but has BW received huge bump from TWS movies?

I am suspicious if GOTG will be a blockbuster but even if it is I don't know if many books coming out of it will be long term hits.

BANNED

Comics never get big bumps, or lasting increases in sales from movies, unles it's something like Walking Dead, Sin City, or Watchmen.

Astonishing Member

I think it's quite possible that Marvel has one in some stage of development. Considering that Star-Lord and Rocket are getting ongoings, it would be a disservice to Gamora not to get one herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    I think it's quite possible that Marvel has one in some stage of development. Considering that Star-Lord and Rocket are getting ongoings, it would be a disservice to Gamora not to get one herself.
    You can't have the whole team in solo books. No team does that.

i think her involvement in Original Sin is Marvel's way of giving her more exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    You can't have the whole team in solo books. No team does that.
    I don't know about that. Currently every character in The Avengers movie has a solo book (I know, picking a movie is a bit of a cheat :P). Whether or not Guardians of the Galaxy has the potential for that is another story...

Even though I absolutely love the Guardians, I think they work far better as a team than they do on their own. I do think it's kind of clever on Marvel's part to hold off on solo series for the two Guardians who aren't the movie's lead character and the movie's mascot and his sidekick. That way they can gauge the reaction to Drax and Gamora before putting themselves out there and announcing two series featuring characters that might, or not, hit with the movie-going audiences.

If I had it my way, we'd have more GOTG team books, rather than GOTG solo titles, though, because the property has far too much potential that's not being currently explored. Maybe solo titles are a way to take advantage of that, but still, an Avengers Assemble-like Guardians title is, I believe, in order.

Spectacular Member

No. I'm surprised Star Lord and Rocket Raccoon got books themselves. I don't see either lasting more than 12 issues. That being said if Pichelli drew it I'd buy it.