Default Halt and Catch Fire

I didn't see a thread for this yet, so I thought I'd start one of my own. It's a new series from AMC that's currently three episodes in, with a nine-episode long expected total for season one starring Lee Pace, Kerry Bishe, Scoot McNairy and Mackenzie Davis.

As of typing this post I've only seen the pilot, but based on what I've seen it's incredible. Great pacing, not boring (unlike the other pilot for an AMC show that I saw recently, Turn) and I've been really impressed by this - and if it continues its form then it could well end up joining the likes of True Detective and Penny Dreadful as my favourite new shows of the year so far. Anyone else watch it? If so, what do you think?

Here's the IMDB Link and Summary if you haven't yet: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2543312/?ref_=ttpl_pl_tt.

Set in the early 1980s, series dramatizes the personal computing boom through the eyes of a visionary, an engineer and a prodigy whose innovations directly confront the corporate behemoths of the time. Their personal and professional partnership will be challenged by greed and ego while charting the changing culture in Texas' Silicon Prairie.
    Last edited by BaneofKings; 06-18-2014 at 08:38 AM.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

It's kind of interesting. Reminds me of Pirates of Silicon Valley and Mad Men. I'm definitely liking Mackenzie Davis. Most of the music they used is pretty good too.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I don't know. I'm watching it because there isn't much else on, but all three leads are so unlikeable and just ridiculous in the choices they make. I wish they would concentrate more on the tech development and the actual work instead of trying to make all the leads so mysterious and edgy or stupid in their personal lives. I know they are going for intrigue and interesting, but so far they've only come off with three main characters that are unlikeable for me.

Anyone stick with this until the end? I hadnt watched last night's finale, but just saw last week's episode, but wth, didnt I just see this same plot twist in the other 'computer' shoe on HBO, Silicon Valley? (but not as hilarious as 'tip to tip' of course) Maybe the finale steered it away from the same resolution as SV did? (especially with the Mac intro)