Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DanArt View Post
    The problem with Resident Evil is that it belongs to Capcom but literally most ( if not all ) of the ideas was implemented ( some programmed ) by Shinji Makima.

The movie fan base are not RE fans but film buffs. Same with prime time fans of Arrow and things like that. They think of RE the games as children cartoons. That kind of thinking. Completely unaware of the amount of games being produced or the technology that is being used.

RE games span from handheld phone devices to the GCN and computers. RE4 as with RE2 was scrapped and remade. The RE4 on the PS2 was never meant to be made at all. The debate of RE5 and RE6 always seems be drawn from the idea that RE4 fall out. It was suppose to be like the release of Zelda on the N64. Where players would rent a N64 just to play the game. But that is not how it turned out. That is why we have all of these RE4 clones with issues. Unnoticeable to the newer players.

RE Veronica is where the series ended. With the collapse of Umbrella and it's heir leader being a demented cross dressing maniac. The whole Weskers and Chris thing was only implemented to keep the series going beyond it's time. I think a brand new series was made by Makima.
    Yeah, I'm not sure the fans of the Resident Evil movies are film buffs.

Shinji Makima did The Evil Within at his own studio in 2014.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure the fans of the Resident Evil movies are film buffs.

Shinji Makima did The Evil Within at his own studio in 2014.
    You know, I really like The Evil Within. I felt the game was too long after chapter 10 (there are 15 chapters), but TEW was doing RE, better than RE was doing itself. I remember back when the original Dead Space came out, and people were saying they hope Capcom learned from that game. With regards to returning RE games to their survival horror aspect.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    You know, I really like The Evil Within. I felt the game was too long after chapter 10 (there are 15 chapters), but TEW was doing RE, better than RE was doing itself. I remember back when the original Dead Space came out, and people were saying they hope Capcom learned from that game. With regards to returning RE games to their survival horror aspect.
    I liked it, but I never ended up finishing it. Started playing other things while listening to podcasts because I didn't want to miss what was going on in The Evil Within, but then that just became playing the XCOM remake and a few other things that it doesn't matter if you're listening to until I beat them all every which way you can.

BANNED

Would be nice if there was a turn-based tactics style game like XCOM where you run the BSAA. Remember back before Resident Evil Evil came out someone at Capcom made it sound like the next RE game was going to be a turn-based tactics game...which sounded pretty weird, also weird because it sounded like it was a reboot in the main series. I can only guess this game is what turned out to be Operation Raccoon City.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Would be nice if there was a turn-based tactics style game like XCOM where you run the BSAA. Remember back before Resident Evil Evil came out someone at Capcom made it sound like the next RE game was going to be a turn-based tactics game...which sounded pretty weird, also weird because it sounded like it was a reboot in the main series. I can only guess this game is what turned out to be Operation Raccoon City.
    Seeing how often bioterrorism attacks occur in Resident Evil an Xcom style game could work. This style of game could also address the environmental damage all these viruses have caused. The T-Abyss virus sank into the bottom of the ocean with the cruise ship at the end of the first Revelations games. There should be fish mutants attacking people in beaches damn it!

I've not played all the RE games, but Code Veronica is my favourite, followed by the DS remake of the original. I was bang in 4 on PC until it came time to team up with the President's daughter, at which point it all just got way too frustrating to bother with... and who wants frustration when he can can kill hundreds or thousands in Ancient China/Japan with a single combatant (gotta love those Dynasty/Samurai Warrior games!)?

I have Revelations on 3DS but I've not really had the time to get into it; I also have Mercenaries and I'd recommend fans buy something else instead - I got it for something like €5 from the eshop in a sale, and where I'm happy to know that I've played it, the game is full of suck.

As for the films... damn, who has something positive to say for any of them? I guess they serve their purpose as being completely disposable entertainment - it's just a pity that they don't entertain a great deal. I didn't even know that animated films existed, but the last RE flick was so god-awful and soulless that I turned it off about 10-15 minutes in.
    Pretentious shite! And I hate pretentious shite more than just about anything.

EDIT: I just looked up the animated/CGI films and I've actually seen the first one, Degeneration... which kind of goes to show how memorable it was.
    Last edited by VivaChiba; 02-23-2016 at 01:07 AM.

All-New Member

They could just reboot the series with less action focus and go back to survival horror. But seems boring to retell the same story over, even if they made changes to storyline.
    I think they should make a brand new zombie series as RE's spiritual successor. And maybe dead rising's open world style, without the ridiculous stuff.

BANNED

I think we need to drop the Biohazard deal and focus away from that for awhile. RE will always be this drama that long time fans ( if still alive ) will be able to enjoy and retell the tale of when this was the best looking videogame on the market. Othewise what is problematic is for videogame consumers not being able to play games at all. I think a morph of the PC market over the selling point of the console should be taken advantage of. Also the whole kick-starter/patroon thing also seems to work as well.

I agree on making an Resident Evil made for television drama. Because I would certainly love to watch a comical take on RE games. It could be 1990's Wesker all the way into the current generation. Or a whole new series.

Quote Originally Posted by fly13 View Post
    They could just reboot the series with less action focus and go back to survival horror. But seems boring to retell the same story over, even if they made changes to storyline.
    I think they should make a brand new zombie series as RE's spiritual successor. And maybe dead rising's open world style, without the ridiculous stuff.
    Resident Evil isn't the type of series that needs a reboot. When you consider that bioterrorism outbreaks are now the normal in it's universe Capcom can take the series in any direction they wish. Instead of a reboot, they can just focus on a completely different set of characters.

All-New Member

Wasn't devil may cry suppose to be a reboot or was it just suppose to be a spin-off?

Wasn't devil may cry suppose to be a reboot or was it just suppose to be a spin-off?
    If I recall it was just going to be another chapter in the series, but then they realized it came off as too much and retooled it into DMC.

DMC wasn't originally suppose to be RE4. It strayed too far from what the series is suppose to be and it was retooled as a new IP.

BANNED

Capcom already made another zombie series, it's called Dead Rising. But you're saying you want Capcom to make another zombie series, that's also an open world game like Dead Rising, but with the fun of Dead Rising stripped out of it?

You can always play Capcom's Dragon's Dogma; the night stuff works as a horror game better than straight horror games work as horror games, it's open world, and it's got zombies in it.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

You know what game I'd also like to see a return of? Dino Crisis. Basically RE with Dinosaurs.

BANNED

Hopefully after Jurassic World made some much money, someone at Capcom was like: Why don't we do a new Dino Crisis?