Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    hopefully after jurassic world made some much money, someone at capcom was like: Why don't we do a new dino crisis?
    that would be the ****!!!

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Capcom talks about their RE plans for later this year and beyond.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/...ent-evil-plans

Fantastic Member

I have played RE4-6, Revelations, Zero, and Umbrella Chronicles. I have Revelations 2 but have not started on it yet. RE4 on the Wii was my first RE game, and still remains my favorite. Maybe a tie with RE5 just for when I want to play a co-op campaign.

I'm not sure why people crap on RE6 either. It certainly wasn't a horror survival game. But then neither was RE5. I thought Ada and Leon/Helena's campaigns were awesome action, with some horror/stealth added to it. I liked Jake as a character, and enjoyed that campaign. If anything the only low point of the series was Pierce as a character and him and Chris' whole campaign. Just never cared for it; and have yet to finish it.

I have not played any more of the pre-RE4 games other than Zero and that was on Gamecube about 4-5 years back. I played as much as I could force myself to, and then abandoned it. If the older games are any indication, (which the consensus seems to be yes), I have no desire to play them. Bad camera angles and wonky aiming and controls make them really out to be the dinosaurs of games they are. I do like the more horror aspects of the old games, which I think RE4 still managed, but I can't get past the aforementioned cons.

I'd like to get Darkside Chronicles at some point for some of the history of Leon and Krauser that is hinted at in RE4. But as a rule, I really don't care for on-rail shooters, and rarely replay Umbrella Chronicles.

I enjoyed Degeneration, and just recently found out about Damnation and added it to my netflix DVD queue. But then Leon is one of my favorite characters, I am sure due to RE4 being my first RE game.

I also have no attachment to the franchise. I buy and watch/play what I think I will enjoy. Nothing other than that really motivates me in what the franchise has available.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

https://www.humblebundle.com/capcom-bundle-remix

Resident Evil games are in the latest Humble Bundle. For $15, you'll get the Steam versions of Resident Evil 6 + Resident Evil 4 + Resident Evil Revelations (plus the first episode of Revelations 2 and a coupon for the RER2 deluxe edition).

Welp:

Not sure what anyone was expecting for Resident Evil 7, but this...probably wasn't it. This looks like the first real 'clean break' fresh start for the series (even RE4, shocking though it was, had Leon and Ada and etc. to link it to the past), with no mention/evidence of viral outbreaks, massive evil corporations or any recurring characters. I expect some pushback from the core fanbase for that, but, screw it, it's a Resident Evil game unashamedly presented as a horror title with no military-shooter aspirations. I'm not looking that particular gift horse in the mouth.

Random speculation: The empty, broken-down shack, the family photos, "She's back"...kinda makes the whole thing look like what would happen if you based a whole game around the REmake's Lisa Trevor.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post

it's a Resident Evil game unashamedly presented as a horror title with no military-shooter aspirations. I'm not looking that particular gift horse in the mouth.
    I couldn't agree more.

I feel like the whole pitch the development team gave to the higher ups at Capcom were "People seemed to like that P.T. thing, let's do that", and it's not like Konami is ever gonna go back to that so might as well. I love horror games so I'm definitely still looking forward to this but yeah, everything about this being a RE game is just weird. I think more than the gameplay changes(which I guess we don't even fully know yet, it seems like there may still be combat?) the tone shift is the weirdest bit, RE1 really set the tone for a cheesy B movie with ridiculous monsters(don't forget that game had straight up a boss fight with a plant, and a giant snake) and it was always like that since(just with better voice acting of course), were as this seems 100% serious and possibly completely absent of all the weird BOW stuff of the past. They have confirmed it's set after RE6 so maybe it does still have some times to the series somehow?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

RE fans don't know what they want. After years of bitching about wanting the series to return to it's horror roots it finally happens only for them to complain that this isn't what they wanted. Capcom ain't gonna go back to tank controls and fixed camera as those things are outdated by modern standards. The cries they turned Resident Evil into PT/Outlast. Screw them!

Looks completely different, and I'm kind excited about it. More than willing to learn more before castigating this new direction.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    RE fans don't know what they want. After years of bitching about wanting the series to return to it's horror roots it finally happens only for them to complain that this isn't what they wanted. Capcom ain't gonna go back to tank controls and fixed camera as those things are outdated by modern standards. The cries they turned Resident Evil into PT/Outlast. Screw them!
    What's been shown so far isn't anything at all like Resident Evils roots. And I ain't talking about it not being a fixed camera and tank controls.

What's been shown so far isn't anything at all like Resident Evils roots. And I ain't talking about it not being a fixed camera and tank controls.
    Resident Evil is a horror game again. It's what the old fans wanted and that's what they were given.

Well it seems like we just don't know that much about the game yet still. Capcom has confirmed that the demo isn't actually part of the full game(just like P.T. wasn't part of Silent Hills) and that they aren't switching to supernatural stuff. Apparently there are a bunch of different little ending bits to the demo(again very much like P.T.) and some things that heavily suggest that there will be combat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Resident Evil is a horror game again. It's what the old fans wanted and that's what they were given.
    They wanted something like the original game, this looks nothing at all like the original game. This new game, at least so far, looks like Slender style game; which is just as much not like the first game as a total action game would be.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Welp:

Not sure what anyone was expecting for Resident Evil 7, but this...probably wasn't it. This looks like the first real 'clean break' fresh start for the series (even RE4, shocking though it was, had Leon and Ada and etc. to link it to the past), with no mention/evidence of viral outbreaks, massive evil corporations or any recurring characters. I expect some pushback from the core fanbase for that, but, screw it, it's a Resident Evil game unashamedly presented as a horror title with no military-shooter aspirations. I'm not looking that particular gift horse in the mouth.

Random speculation: The empty, broken-down shack, the family photos, "She's back"...kinda makes the whole thing look like what would happen if you based a whole game around the REmake's Lisa Trevor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    I feel like the whole pitch the development team gave to the higher ups at Capcom were "People seemed to like that P.T. thing, let's do that", and it's not like Konami is ever gonna go back to that so might as well. I love horror games so I'm definitely still looking forward to this but yeah, everything about this being a RE game is just weird. I think more than the gameplay changes(which I guess we don't even fully know yet, it seems like there may still be combat?) the tone shift is the weirdest bit, RE1 really set the tone for a cheesy B movie with ridiculous monsters(don't forget that game had straight up a boss fight with a plant, and a giant snake) and it was always like that since(just with better voice acting of course), were as this seems 100% serious and possibly completely absent of all the weird BOW stuff of the past. They have confirmed it's set after RE6 so maybe it does still have some times to the series somehow?
    Yeah people have been saying Capcom saw the PT trailer and was like ...**** , we can do this then and actually fix it around our survival horror Resident Evil series lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

They wanted something like the original game, this looks nothing at all like the original game. This new game, at least so far, looks like Slender style game; which is just as much not like the first game as a total action game would be.
    How would the fans go about getting something like the original games when the things that made those games what they were are outdated?