Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Jim Sterling recently did a look at Resident Evil 4 and why he loves the game a lot. Where it appeals more to comedy/horror at times and why the lead character is unlike what had came before. And after as Capcom pretty much fucked his character up. As he'd say cheesy one liners and hit very badly on women. As Sterling claims , "Its like they wanted to make a Metal Gear Solid game and had someone who knew he wasn't as cool as Solid Snake."

But Sterling as he points out in this claims he loved Resident Evil 4 the most.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Jim Sterling recently did a look at Resident Evil 4 and why he loves the game a lot. Where it appeals more to comedy/horror at times and why the lead character is unlike what had came before. And after as Capcom pretty much fucked his character up. As he'd say cheesy one liners and hit very badly on women. As Sterling claims , "Its like they wanted to make a Metal Gear Solid game and had someone who knew he wasn't as cool as Solid Snake."

That's an interesting idea but if Leon was cheesy it wasn't in a self-aware way from Capcom. You're obviously supposed to think Leon is cool as ****.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

I think after 7 or 8. It should reboot the whole universe. Start with a clean slate.

BANNED

After a long break I finished Resident Evil: Revelations. I played most of it in one sitting last night. This game is a hell of a ride, much more action packed than the more plodding Revelations 2. Playing it mostly all at once was interesting because it highlights how big and dumb its action movie story is. Plot twists and reversals and double and triple agents come fast and furious. One character is killed off in what turns out to be a fakeout not once, but twice. And other characters are "killed off" only to show back up later, too. One thing that was let down was that the final boss, although a well-designed fight, is for story purposes the kind of thing you'd put in an epilogue. He's a loose end, a character you don't see that much until the finale. Jill actually verbally reminds Chris and by extension the player who he is.

Anyway, on to RE6, the ultimate excess.

Reviews are starting to roll in for RE7 and they all seem to be extremely positive so far, it's looking like 7 might be a fresh start for the series like 4 was while also being a return to the series roots of weird puzzles and the balancing act of supplies and to fight or run. I'm not one to get swept up in the hype, but I'm cautiously optimistic. Went ahead and bought the game + season pass since I found a pretty decent discount and I knew I would end up buying both anyway, got it pre loaded waiting for tomorrow. Hopefully the port turns out to be good, demo ran great and capcom has done some great ports before(the recent RE game ports have all been fantastic), but after the SF5 disaster who knows.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

This is one of the top 3 shooters, period. Bad/cheesy lines aside (though that's another thing that makes it great) as long as the interaction of the game is good, it's a great game. Story and lore are only secondary. I've heard people whine about RE Operation Raccoon City, for the story and Leon's involvement in it. But I just recently bought it and love playing it. Annoying AI's aside (RE5 too) it's enjoyable. But somehow RE4 just did almost everything perfect. Theret's a reason it's been ported to almost every seventh and eighth generation console since the Gamecube.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I am so ready for RE7. I'm trading in COD: Infinite Warfare and some other games to pay for it.

Resident Evil always had a certain level of campiness, so Leon's 1-liners aren't out of place to me.. From 1 to Code Veronica there's quotables & strange dialogue. They only somewhat toned down the campy dialogue beginning in RE Make and RE 0. Even 0 itself had some cheesiness to it with the whole "Cult of Umbrella" story it had going on.

I started RE7 this morning and I'm nearly through it. Very good return to form after RE6 and Operation Raccoon City.

I know I'm late posting this, but REmake 2!

I actually spent the last two weeks replaying RE2, 3 and Code Veronica. CV is better than I remember. And I thought it was solid back in the day. On the Dreamcast!

Yeah, this whole thing looks...a lot better than I expected (I was skeptical of this project all along). Still seems to use the RE7 engine and 3rd-person POV doesn't hurt it one bit. The RPD layout is familiar but everything is just...more. It's cluttered and messy and broken in ways that you had to imagine back in the day. Nice also that Marvin Branagh's role seems a bit meatier than before - Outbreak's 'Desperate Times' stage fleshed him out in a cool way back in the day, so it's nice to continue that.

Stuff I'm waiting to judge: anything Birkin-related (really anxious to see how the G-creature looks), differences in playthroughs between characters (are we still doing the A/B game structure?), Mr. X's hat (might be a good reason for that but I think it's more funny than intimidating).

One thing I don't like: Claire's face, which seems to be an attempt at 'de-aging' the version from Revelations 2...which I dislike because it doesn't resemble Claire Classic much at all.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Been on a RE rampage lately. Played and finished RE7, which i found to be pretty awesome (loved the story), RE1 and RE0. (remastered ones)

And MAN, that RE2 news sure made me a happy camper.

Ah, if only Konami would stop to act like, well, Konami and give the Silent Hill games the same treatment.

One can dream right?

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Been on a RE rampage lately. Played and finished RE7, which i found to be pretty awesome (loved the story), RE1 and RE0. (remastered ones)

Ah, if only Konami would stop to act like, well, Konami and give the Silent Hill games the same treatment.

One can dream right?
    Ever since they cancelled Silent Hills, people have been wishing they would take a cue from RE and The Evil Within.

I'd also like to see RE3 given the REmake treatment. Make it an dlc expansion for REmake 2. Since RE3 isn't that big of a game and it already felt like an expansion of RE2 back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post

One can dream right?
    I would love a remake of the first 3 Silent Hill but only if it's done by the Team Silent. Looking at how Konami couldn't even do an HD remaster of Silent Hill 2 and 3 I wouldn't be confident to see them doing a proper remake. Same for the first Metal Gear Solid, without Kojima it's not worth it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Ever since they cancelled Silent Hills, people have been wishing they would take a cue from RE and The Evil Within.

I'd also like to see RE3 given the REmake treatment. Make it an dlc expansion for REmake 2. Since RE3 isn't that big of a game and it already felt like an expansion of RE2 back in the day.
    RE3 as an expansion could be interesting, I really liked the Mercenaries mini game back in the day (finishing it with Nikolai was so difficult lol).

Speaking of, am i the only one to think that the name "Biohazard" fits that series of games way more nicely than "Resident Evil".

I mean, that's precisely what those games are about.