Super Moderator

Default "Amazing Spider-Man 2" Producers on "Sinister Six," "Venom" & 'Tragic Choices'

Matt Tolmach and Avi Arad tell CBR News about what to expect from the upcoming villain-focused "Amazing Spider-Man" spinoff films.

Full article here.

this movie flat out sucked and seemed rushed , and the next one will probably be the same , also how will a movie based on the Sinister 6 work? have they gone up against other villians themselves? or other teams ?

uatu13

Quote Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    this movie flat out sucked and seemed rushed , and the next one will probably be the same , also how will a movie based on the Sinister 6 work? have they gone up against other villians themselves? or other teams ?
    Do you honestly think Sony is planning that far in advance? They don't know what the hell they're doing with these Spider-Man movies, and only care about holding on to the movie right and shaking as much cash out of the franchise they can before they completely ruin its reputation. Marvel seriously needs to get these rights back so we can finally have an actual spider-man movie!

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Amazing Spider-Man 2 was really bad and I have no faith that any further movies from this iteration of the franchise will be any better.

This especially goes for Sinister Six. A movie starring villains would be a hard concept for a great writer to pull off and if ASM and ASM2 (which was even worse) proved anything, its that Sony do not have good writers on this.

It's really frustrating, as the cast for ASM2 was phenominal. Almost everything wrong with the movie is in the writing.

Oh, and getting Fox to pay to put an add for X-Men in your end credits, knowing fans will be waiting for a little extra Spidey? GFY Sony!

Of course, like every Transformers fan who loathes what Bay hath wrought, I will go see Sinister Six. And Amazing Spider-Man 3. And Amazing Spider-Man 4 and on and on.

My only defence is that I pay my cinema a small monthly fee to see as many movies as I want. I don't pay for individual showings, so technically Sony get less than they would otherwise for me sitting there. In fact, last month (UK got it in April) I'd already more than covered the cost of my subscription watching other, decent movies so morally Sony got nothing from me.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Amazing Spider-Man 2 was really bad and I have no faith that any further movies from this iteration of the franchise will be any better.

This especially goes for Sinister Six. A movie starring villains would be a hard concept for a great writer to pull off and if ASM and ASM2 (which was even worse) proved anything, its that Sony do not have good writers on this.

It's really frustrating, as the cast for ASM2 was phenominal. Almost everything wrong with the movie is in the writing.

Oh, and getting Fox to pay to put an add for X-Men in your end credits, knowing fans will be waiting for a little extra Spidey? GFY Sony!

Of course, like every Transformers fan who loathes what Bay hath wrought, I will go see Sinister Six. And Amazing Spider-Man 3. And Amazing Spider-Man 4 and on and on.

My only defence is that I pay my cinema a small monthly fee to see as many movies as I want. I don't pay for individual showings, so technically Sony get less than they would otherwise for me sitting there. In fact, last month (UK got it in April) I'd already more than covered the cost of my subscription watching other, decent movies so morally Sony got nothing from me.

Actually, Fox had Marc Webb under contract for another film, so, in order for Sony to keep him on for The Amazing Spider-Man 2, they agreed to let Webb return for that, under the proviso of promoting a Fox film with it/during it, so that's all it is about, really.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Fair enough, its shitty for a different reason.

Can't believe so many people HATE this movie so much. I could see not thinking it was great, but not liking it at all? Yikes. I thought it was the best Spidey to date. Yes it was rushed, but everything else the movie offered made up for that to me.