Default Maz Kanata in earlier era Star Wars comics *possible spoilers if you haven't seen TFA yet*

One of the interesting characters introduced in The Force Awakens was Maz Kanata (Lupita Nyongo's CG character), an old friend of Han Solo (But familiar with his other friends), and someone who is sensitive to the force, but never bothered to join (or be recruited into) the ranks of the Jedi. Although someone evocative of Yoda-short, very old, and full of wise sayings-she runs a bar in a castle (Although said castle gets pummeled by the first Order).

Now since it's hinted her character goes back a bit, I don't see why she couldn't also show up in comic books set up in earlier eras. Could she have come across the other Jedi, perhaps Obi-Wan and Anakin? How far back does her relationship with Han go? and how did she get the lightsaber though lost at Cloud City? I suppose this could be a question for future "episode" films or spin-offs (especially the Han one), but I figure maybe Marvel could explore that as well.

I believe Abrams said she met Yoda at one point. That'd be an interesting meeting to see.